Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I am ashamed and disgusted by the spectators at the Ryder Cup.....talk about " The Ugly American "........I hope the Europeans beat the krap out of them....
    More like Euros got their backsides handed to them. But cheering bad shots is no bueno in my books.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Been watching The Sinner with Bill Pullman (on Netflix). Damn good show... albeit... some characters WILL make you uncomfortable... including Bill Pullman's character. But well written, very very well acted, and with enough twists and turns each season to keep you on your toes.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    More like Euros got their backsides handed to them. But cheering bad shots is no bueno in my books.
    It may have been the best American team ever..... with players with a average of 9 in the world rankings.....and the Euros with a average of around 30 .......

I come from a different culture with different values....I can remember when Nicklaus conceded a 3-4 ' putt to Tony Jacklin ....a notoriously shaky putter.....Golf used to be a gentleman's game when sportsmanship was respected....

Default Slaughter by the water 19-9.

Citizen Hearst on PBS’ American Experience.

Sent via mobile device

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Wild Crime on Hulu. I remember catching this story a few years ago on Dateline or 48 hours but this series is has been really interesting so far.

Many Saints of Newark. B+

Sent via mobile device

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Old Twilight Zone episodes. I never watched many of them, I think my only exposure to them was the ones parodied on The Simpsons, I did get to see reruns of Night Gallery which I enjoyed. I thought it would be fun to watch and not too scary for the boys. So far we've watched "To Serve Man," "Terror at 20000 Feet," and "Little Girl Lost."

Escape from LA with Kurt Russel.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Cardinals vs. Dodgers

Sent via mobile device

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Cardinals vs. Dodgers

Sent via mobile device
    Yep! the Cardinals are my NL team and the team I have followed the longest, since 1954-55 when I got to see Stan the Man Musial play. He became my favorite player.

Sorry will. My guys (& former Mariner Chris Taylor) got ya. Whale of a game.
    But we don't play nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Sorry will. My guys (& former Mariner Chris Taylor) got ya. Whale of a game.
    It was a good game.

This year I no longer have a team to root for, or even a team to root against. I will probably watch just because I get a baseball jones when it's all over.
    Fortunately there is football and (soon) basketball, but even then, I no longer watch every/any game that is on. A good book can be more enjoyable.

White Sox vs. Astros

Seahawks

Game 5, LA vs SF

Sent via mobile device

Dodgers/Giants.

Bottom of 9.
    But we don't play nobody.

Flores didn't go around. That is all.

Last night, went with my older bro to the movies and saw the amazing BMX biker movie, Rad. It was showing in theaters here and there to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the movie's release. My brother and I watched that movie NONSTOP as kids. It was a blast. My 9 and 13 year olds loved it.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    Last night, went with my older bro to the movies and saw the amazing BMX biker movie, Rad. It was showing in theaters here and there to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the movie's release. My brother and I watched that movie NONSTOP as kids. It was a blast. My 9 and 13 year olds loved it.
    I am sad I missed it. Would have loved to seen Rad in the theater. I purchased it on Amazon awhile back. Showed my 13 year old daughter. I basically had to tie her to the chair to make her finish it. She was not impressed by ass sliding or bicycle dancing.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Will be watching the WNBA finals starting at Noon, PT. Hope 'Sloot and her team can clinch the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroop22 View Post
    I am sad I missed it. Would have loved to seen Rad in the theater. I purchased it on Amazon awhile back. Showed my 13 year old daughter. I basically had to tie her to the chair to make her finish it. She was not impressed by ass sliding or bicycle dancing.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    HA HA!! Oh no. I can absolutely see all of that playing out!

I think it definitely helped that we saw it in an actual movie theater.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Watching Bills v Titans… also watching my undefeated fantasy season end as unless Allen blows up in the second half I am toast

Red Sox vs Astros

Sent via mobile device

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Red Sox vs Astros

Sent via mobile device
    Me too, and still upset that a team that got caught cheating, and none of the players ever apologized or admitted that they had done anything, is winning.

Shoeless Joe took the money, had the best Series of any player, but still was banned for life for cheating. These guys suffered nothing.

Yeah, Cora had to sit out a year and is back as manager in Boston, but that is nothing.