Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    I'll tell you what I'm not watching, the Thursday night New York v. Washington NFL game bc despite paying $187 a month for bundled cable and net, it's not enough to get me the NFL Network and that is an affront to God.

If only there was real competition in the cable world, the prices should have come down as the infrastructure is in place and getting content anywhere anytime is cheaper and cheaper.
    Does Amazon or Hulu have NFL games? I could have sworn I've seen them listed and you paid separately for them (not sure how much but the way cable companies try to milk you, it might be cheaper a la carte).

Watching 'Multiplicity' with Keaton and McDowell. Pretty funny...but recorded 'cause it's old.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    I'll tell you what I'm not watching, the Thursday night New York v. Washington NFL game bc despite paying $187 a month for bundled cable and net, it's not enough to get me the NFL Network and that is an affront to God.

If only there was real competition in the cable world, the prices should have come down as the infrastructure is in place and getting content anywhere anytime is cheaper and cheaper.
    That is unfortunate because it was a pretty good game.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

European Tour golf - The Dutch Open.

I am watching the calamity at the southern border and am wondering why the Federal Government can't close the border....actually are am more angry than wondering....

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I am watching the calamity at the southern border and am wondering why the Federal Government can't close the border....actually are am more angry than wondering....
    Where would businesses get their cheap labor if the border were to be closed?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Where would businesses get their cheap labor if the border were to be closed?
    Will do you remember when Playboy first came out....and there was a Heffner "Interview" for those of us boys who actually read the magazine.....well way back in the 60's there was a interview with a retired National Security Expert ....probably CIA...... and he said at the time.... that the greatest threat to the security of the United States...... was our inability or unwillingness to protect our Southern Border.?????...I had no clue what he was talking about then.....and so I remember it to this day...

But we don't play nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Watching 'Multiplicity' with Keaton and McDowell. Pretty funny...but recorded 'cause it's old.
    Johnny Dangerously is really funny too if you haven't watched that one before.

Will do you remember when Playboy first came out....and there was a Heffner "Interview" for those of us boys who actually read the magazine.....well way back in the 60's there was a interview with a retired National Security Expert ....probably CIA...... and he said at the time.... that the greatest threat to the security of the United States...... was our inability or unwillingness to protect our Southern Border.?????...I had no clue what he was talking about then.....and so I remember it to this day...
    There were words in Playboy? LOL

No. I don't remember that article. I do know that there has been a program in place, to allow immigrants to come for crops. There also are green cards.
    I also know that many businessmen hire illegals because they can underpy them and not get reported.

Will be watching Round 3 of Ken Burns’ film, “Ali”, in 17 minutes

Sent via mobile device

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Mariners at Oakland...but NOT my waistline!

I am watching the Market go up while Fed Chairman Powell answers questions being read by Congressmen that were written by staff that they do not understand....

And thanking my lucky stars that the Fed is a independent Agency doing it's job while the Congress plays chicken with a financial
    apocalypse ......

And the public obsesses about Gabby ...

Default Rioting & Earthquakes in Melbourne …interesting times

I am watching the Market go up while Fed Chairman Powell answers questions being read by Congressmen that were written by staff that they do not understand....

And thanking my lucky stars that the Fed is a independent Agency doing it's job while the Congress plays chicken with a financial
    apocalypse ......

And the public obsesses about Gabby ...
    I lost a ton in my retirement account over the last two weeks.

It's amazing how much media coverage a missing young white woman will get. It is still a very sad situation.

I have come across these #vanlife people a number of times when camping. They have their instagram handle on the side of their van and you look at all of their staged photos and it looks like they are having a blast getting outside. When you camp next to them, however, they rarely get out of the van. The rare time you see them out of the van it's when the lighting is good for a staged photo. Then they hurry back into their van never to be seen again.
    Bring back the OCC

Is anyone planning to watch the "Wonder Years" reboot tonight? I can't say I'm typically excited about the recent shows based on older series...but this looks like it has a ton of potential. I loved the original series and can't wait to see how the show looks at history through the new family's eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I lost a ton in my retirement account over the last two weeks.

It's amazing how much media coverage a missing young white woman will get. It is still a very sad situation.

I have come across these #vanlife people a number of times when camping. They have their instagram handle on the side of their van and you look at all of their staged photos and it looks like they are having a blast getting outside. When you camp next to them, however, they rarely get out of the van. The rare time you see them out of the van it's when the lighting is good for a staged photo. Then they hurry back into their van never to be seen again.
    Don't worry about your retirement account.....Mcconnell is bluffing....I hope....

The Van Camping and Adventure Camping may be a virus related activity...... I met a guy at the confluence of the Methow and the Columbia with a frame, a ladder and a tent on top of a Suzuki Samurai...... who had been on the road from New England for months.... never paying for a campsite....washing in the lakes and streams.....cooking his own meals....spending little for gas ...... at least compared to my motorhome ..living on the road with free Wifi.....a 2021 edition of Steinbeck's "Travels with Charlie".

.The need to broadcast yourself is puzzling to me...... the TV cables monitor ratings constantly and give the viewers what they want....there are about 44 murders every day in the USA.....

Ryder Cup !

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Ryder Cup !
    Yup....I miss Seve and Trevino and Tiger the other colorful characters that didn't come from a Country Club...

Invincible on amazon.

Teams Meeting…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Ryder Cup, Day 2 Foursomes

Xfinity has a sneak peak of HBO going on this weekend. I scrolled thru hundreds of titles, none of the movies jumped out at me. But I'm trying some of their series. Blasted thru Mare of Easttown, really good. Tried a couple episodes of The Nevers, that's a maybe. They only had the pilot available but Doom Patrol looks interesting.

I am ashamed and disgusted by the spectators at the Ryder Cup.....talk about " The Ugly American "........I hope the Europeans beat the krap out of them....

Watching the Ryder Cup matches. . .Xander gags on a three footer on the first hole.