Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

Fauci getting challenged

Portland going down to Denver.

Watched an interesting (to me anyway) documentary with the lead singers of several metal bands, mostly European, from groups like Epica, Nightwish, Delain and some others. All female singers, talking about what it's like to be in an industry dominated by men. Streaming on Amazon Prime.

Mariners; trying to hang on (again).
    But we don't play nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Mariners; trying to hang on (again).
    And did so.

I am now watching Star Trek: Voyager
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

I saw "Blue Chips" when it first came out on video (yes, that must've been well before DVD). Don't think I've seen it since. It's streaming on Prime. Interesting time capsule, if nothing else. Just a ton of cameos by players and coaches who were big names to basketball fans at the time (1994). Nick Nolte is a bit over the top as a fiery tempered head coach at a fictitious university, a former power who has slipped significantly. After doing everything the right way, he is seduced to let "The Friends of the Program" do whatever it takes to bring in top flight talent. It's probably grossly oversimplified, but not really all that far off from the way things happen, both then and now. Penny Hardaway and Shaq O'Neal both played major roles as 2 of the recruits, along w/ Matt Nover who has since slid into anonymity. Not a great movie, but it holds some interest. Nolte did a fair bit of scene chewing.

Is anybody watching the series 'StartUp' on Netflix? The initial scenes of the first episode, for whatever reason, are designed to do nothing but shock, but once you get passed that it is a pretty entertaining series.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Just finished "Made You Look: A True Story About Fake Art" on Netflix. Fascinating documentary that's elegantly photographed, well-paced, and fun.

A Variety review of the film is here: https://variety.com/2021/film/review...ch-1234913471/

"Jaws" seemed like a good pick for Fourth of July weekend.

Default Highly Recommended

Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

No Sudden Move, via HBO Max

I am not watching Jeff Bezos.....I cannot think of a more useless activity than manned space travel....the idea that a significant number of humans or industrial capacity can be relocated to some distant uninhabitable planet is just plain loony......

I do support multi year efforts like the Hubble and the Voyagers for basic research.....

Just started watching "Yellowstone" with the wife. I've heard good things.

Two episodes in. Love the scenery/backdrop!! So cool. Series has a great feel to it, I think I'm going to enjoy it.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

I am watching the tourists visiting the Capitol .....

Watching Hideki Matsuyama's chances of winning gold in men's golf slip sliding away. . .

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Olympic Highlights with Kevin Hart & Snoop Dogg on Peacock.

They do not pretend to know it all but they comment anyway.
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerzag View Post
    Olympic Highlights with Kevin Hart & Snoop Dogg on Peacock.

They do not pretend to know it all but they comment anyway.
    In episide 3 Kevin Hart calls for big recognition of Ira Brown. Explains the basics of his story and calls him out for going from underdog to wonderdog.
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut

If you love music or love great drumming, you should check this out.
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Is it a good series? FX seems to not get a lot of hype but they have some really amusing and unique series...I haven't watched any of this one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    Is it a good series? FX seems to not get a lot of hype but they have some really amusing and unique series...I haven't watched any of this one yet.
    It is an excellent series. The writing is excellent. The young actors are outstanding. The cinematography is excellent. I love this show.

PGA Tour on Golf Channel

I'll tell you what I'm not watching, the Thursday night New York v. Washington NFL game bc despite paying $187 a month for bundled cable and net, it's not enough to get me the NFL Network and that is an affront to God.

If only there was real competition in the cable world, the prices should have come down as the infrastructure is in place and getting content anywhere anytime is cheaper and cheaper.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    It is an excellent series. The writing is excellent. The young actors are outstanding. The cinematography is excellent. I love this show.
    Cool, I'll have to give it a try.