Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    For those with Netflix, what are the must see shows only available on Netflix you recommend? We're thinking about taking a break from it in the new year since we have 3 other streaming services and Netflix costs as much as the others combined (still not a lot, and I'm sure we'll go back to it, but we're using it as a tangible example of budgeting to the kids). So the plan is to binge watch for the next month before we cancel the service.
    We've finished Peaky Blinders (we'll rejoin Netflix as soon as new episodes of that drop lol) and currently watching The Witcher.
    I thought "Unbelievable" was really good. Hard to watch at times, but several excellent performances. Based on true events, some of which happened in Lynnwood, WA.

Watching the US Women's Open Golf Championship.

Jazzgirl: A friend suggested "The Queen's Gambit" so I gave it a try. Watched the first 3 episodes in one sitting, finished the next 4 the next day. I thought the plot and pacing were well done. Anya Taylor-Joy was first rate.

Battle Bots Fight Night.

The news.

The HBO series Entourage. I’m late to that party, buts it’s a fun distraction.

Recently watched "The Society" on Netflix. A bit of a modernized Lord of the Flies, with high school kids. Starts slow, but got fairly intriguing. Cliffhanger ending, and Netflix cancelled after initially announcing a season 2, so there will be no resolution. Kinda irritating.

Then I started on "Atypical" on Netflix. A family of 4 with 2 kids in high school. The older has autism. It's often humorous, I think also a tender look at what life is like for him and his family. I breezed thru the first season, took a little break and now am on to season 2.

Inbetween I really quickly went thru "Dash & Lilly," a light hearted cute teen romance. Also Netflix. I'd been on a losing streak, I'd given up on several series partway thru a season, but now I've been finding some shows I enjoy.

Started watching "The Unicorn." I've seen Walton Goggins in a bunch of stuff, he's always good but this is a completely different role for him. He's a widower w/ 14 and 12 year old daughters. After a year his friends are all relentlessly pushing him to start dating again. That of course goes disastrously. Most of the cast I wasn't familiar with but Rob Corddry and Michaela Watkins are both really good as well. Funny stuff.

"Death to 2020" on Netflix

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    "Death to 2020" on Netflix
    I started watching that last night but turned it off because it looked really funny and I want to watch it with my husband.

Thanks for all the recommendations guys, I've added some to my watchlist. I thought "Trial of the Chicago Seven" was good (although my timing was bad since I watched it right after binge watching American Horror Story 1984 and the slasher character played a pacifist in "Trial" ) I also watched "Mank" and that was pretty "meh" to me.

Big Mouth on Netflix.

Wow... crude as all get out... but so damn funny. But then again... a cartoon about middle school kids going through puberty and literally all that is involved makes it hard for it to NOT be crude.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Finished season 3 of Yellowstone the other day. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a new show.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

Letterkenny.

Not suitable for you name it.

Off the wall and quick.
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut

Notre Dame getting clobbered in yet another New Year’s bowl game...

Clemson vs. Ohio State

The Puffs - an off-broadway production of the Harry Potter series as told through the eyes of the students in House Hufflepuff.

The production value is barely above the old GUTS (Gonzaga University Theater Sports) team improv shows with similar energy. I enjoyed it.

http://www.puffstheplay.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Clemson vs. Ohio State
    Wonder if Dabo moves Ohio State into the top 10 now?

Airplane 2 The Sequel.
    It's not funny.

Wonder Woman 84.

I’ll be generous and give it a D.

Cobra Kai, Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Wonder Woman 84.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Wonder Woman 84.

Is she not STILL the most beautiful woman you have ever seen? (paraphrasing, from memory, from the first WW movie).

I haven't seen this one. In the other Justice League movies, she is eye candy that doesn't have to be a great actress.They are enjoyable action movies.
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Is she not STILL the most beautiful woman you have ever seen? (paraphrasing, from memory, from the first WW movie).

I haven't seen this one. In the other Justice League movies, she is eye candy that doesn't have to be a great actress.They are enjoyable action movies.
    IMHO, not Gal Gadot’s fault. Bad script and editing choices. She acted well and is as stunning as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post

Gal Gadot is outstanding in the role. She brings a lot more depth to the character than pure eye candy. Unfortunately, the script wasted her acting talent along with the talents of some other very good actors.

Seahawks/Niners. 4 FG's so far.

Snuck a nap in there.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

OSU vs. Minn