Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 335

Thread: What are you watching?

  1. #276
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,278

    Default

    Georgia Senate Run-Off Coverage on TV, coverage of same on computer.


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

  2. #277
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,278

    Default

    World Junior Hockey Championship Gold Medal Game

    USA 2
    Canada 0

    10:00, P2


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

  3. #278
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,397

    Default

    I am watching my investments in Georgia payoff .....

  4. #279
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    17,250 miles East of Spokane
    Posts
    18,068

    Default

    I can’t quite believe what I’m seeing on the news right now.

    But unfortunately I can.

  5. #280
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,278

    Default

    Watching a sad chapter in America's history. "Shelter in Place" orders have been given and the Capitol Police have apparently lost control over the physical security of the building. Reports that tear gas has been deployed inside the building.
    The DC Mayor has issued a curfew order. Members of The House are prepared to don gas masks. . .

  6. #281
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,397

    Default

    No one should be surprised.......there are people that have advocated for this (or worse) since 2008....

  7. #282
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    I can’t quite believe what I’m seeing on the news right now.

    But unfortunately I can.
    I feel very much the same. I was rage cleaning our kitchen while listening. I installed new puck lights under the cabinets and now. everytime I look at those lights I'm probably going to feel rage because I will always remember this moment.

  8. #283
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,278

    Default

    Seen via social media:

    " I just turned off the news and put on a Ted Bundy documentary to relax."


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

  9. #284
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,298

    Default

    Guess it’s ok to write about politics as long as it’s on TV.....hahahahahah

  10. #285
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,278

    Default

    Watching Golf Channel coverage of the Sentry Tournament of Champions.

  11. #286
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Issaquah, WA
    Posts
    14,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Guess it’s ok to write about politics as long as it’s on TV.....hahahahahah
    Criminal activities involving insurrection and sedition are not politics...Most people understand that...

  12. #287
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,278

    Default

    Watching CBS' "Sunday Morning"

  13. #288
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richland, Washington
    Posts
    6,580

    Default

    I swore an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States and gave six of the most prime years of my life toward that endeavor. I was damn good at it. One of the best. With this post I am continuing on with that oath to defend the Constitution. Defending it with truth.

    I'm watching people call for unity. This after every living former Secretary of Defense, all of them, from administrations of both political parties, felt enough alarm and concern, to collectively make a public statement directed at the rank and file to not get involved in the electoral process. My God. Do any of you even begin to comprehend the significance of this? Have you ever heard of anything remotely similar happening before in your lifetime? You should be genuinely alarmed as well. Regardless, I will gladly welcome unity, only after the accountability has been performed.

    It takes unconditional love, like that of a golden retriever, to accept a master that would euthanize him without remorse.

    I'm not a golden retriever, and I don't unconditionally unify with people sympathetic to euthanizing Democracy. People opposed to the Constitution are my sworn enemy. This isn't about politics. It is about crime.

    Deleting a post about sedition is not the same as deleting a post about politics. It isn't "political' to express a desire to be civilized and live under the rule of law. It isn't "political" to desire to live in a fact based world. To normalize the unthinkable is what occurs when rendering such discussion as "political" and use it as an excuse to look the other way. The people that historically looked away were the same people that let the ashes of fire consumed bodies from industrialized murder rain down upon their towns. That is what happens when you look the other way. Look the other way and you are complicit. Delete this post and you are enabling the looking away.....and complicit. Complain to moderators about this post being "political" and you are delusional....and complicit. You are inhibiting the futile effort of a relatively powerless old man, to use what little attributes he has left, to abide by his oath made decades ago, and help defend his beloved Constitution. With truth.

    People, all people, need to come to terms with the truth, the real truth, or everything you know and love will not be there for your children.
    Last edited by MickMick; 01-12-2021 at 06:55 AM.
    I miss Mike Hart

  14. #289
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    I swore an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States and gave six of the most prime years of my life toward that endeavor. I was damn good at it. One of the best. With this post I am continuing on with that oath to defend the Constitution. Defending it with truth.

    I'm watching people call for unity. This after every living former Secretary of Defense, all of them, from administrations of both political parties, felt enough alarm and concern, to collectively make a public statement directed at the rank and file to not get involved in the electoral process. My God. Do any of you even begin to comprehend the significance of this? Have you ever heard of anything remotely similar happening before in your lifetime? You should be genuinely alarmed as well. Regardless, I will gladly welcome unity, only after the accountability has been performed.

    It takes unconditional love, like that of a golden retriever, to accept a master that would euthanize him without remorse.

    I'm not a golden retriever, and I don't unconditionally unify with people sympathetic to euthanizing Democracy. People opposed to the Constitution are my sworn enemy. This isn't about politics. It is about crime.

    Deleting a post about sedition is not the same as deleting a post about politics. It isn't "political' to express a desire to be civilized and live under the rule of law. It isn't "political" to desire to live in a fact based world. To normalize the unthinkable is what occurs when rendering such discussion as "political" and use it as an excuse to look the other way. The people that historically looked away were the same people that let the ashes of fire consumed bodies from industrialized murder rain down upon their towns. That is what happens when you look the other way. Look the other way and you are complicit. Delete this post and you are enabling the looking away.....and complicit. Complain to moderators about this post being "political" and you are delusional....and complicit. You are inhibiting the futile effort of a relatively powerless old man, to use what little attributes he has left, to abide by his oath made decades ago, and help defend his beloved Constitution. With truth.

    People, all people, need to come to terms with the truth, the real truth, or everything you know and love will not be there for your children.


    lighten up Frances....take a deep breath

  15. #290
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richland, Washington
    Posts
    6,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    lighten up Frances....take a deep breath
    The AVATAR is revealing. I'm sure Gonzaga, as an institution, is pleased with the tricky word association. Way to represent. A fine Ambassador for the program. If you haven't noticed, all the major players are abandoning ship, although I'm sure your victimhood ideology will scream about political discussion on this board while sporting it.

    I wonder how many families of top recruits have seen it.
    I miss Mike Hart

  16. #291
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    The AVATAR is revealing. I'm sure Gonzaga, as an institution, is pleased with the tricky word association. Way to represent. A fine Ambassador for the program. If you haven't noticed, all the major players are abandoning ship, although I'm sure your victimhood ideology will scream about political discussion on this board while sporting it.

    I wonder how many families of top recruits have seen it.
    Have a great day!

    GO ZAGS!

  17. #292
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    I swore an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States and gave six of the most prime years of my life toward that endeavor. I was damn good at it. One of the best. With this post I am continuing on with that oath to defend the Constitution. Defending it with truth.

    I'm watching people call for unity. This after every living former Secretary of Defense, all of them, from administrations of both political parties, felt enough alarm and concern, to collectively make a public statement directed at the rank and file to not get involved in the electoral process. My God. Do any of you even begin to comprehend the significance of this? Have you ever heard of anything remotely similar happening before in your lifetime? You should be genuinely alarmed as well. Regardless, I will gladly welcome unity, only after the accountability has been performed.

    It takes unconditional love, like that of a golden retriever, to accept a master that would euthanize him without remorse.

    I'm not a golden retriever, and I don't unconditionally unify with people sympathetic to euthanizing Democracy. People opposed to the Constitution are my sworn enemy. This isn't about politics. It is about crime.

    Deleting a post about sedition is not the same as deleting a post about politics. It isn't "political' to express a desire to be civilized and live under the rule of law. It isn't "political" to desire to live in a fact based world. To normalize the unthinkable is what occurs when rendering such discussion as "political" and use it as an excuse to look the other way. The people that historically looked away were the same people that let the ashes of fire consumed bodies from industrialized murder rain down upon their towns. That is what happens when you look the other way. Look the other way and you are complicit. Delete this post and you are enabling the looking away.....and complicit. Complain to moderators about this post being "political" and you are delusional....and complicit. You are inhibiting the futile effort of a relatively powerless old man, to use what little attributes he has left, to abide by his oath made decades ago, and help defend his beloved Constitution. With truth.

    People, all people, need to come to terms with the truth, the real truth, or everything you know and love will not be there for your children.
    Amen. I agree completely, and I HAVE a golden retriever.
    It's not funny.

  18. #293
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,278

    Default

    Just finished watching Cellphone Videos from the Capitol insurrection (via the propublica website).

  19. #294
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,298

    Default

    .......endless violence in Chicago....

    MLK would be sad

    24 Shot, 6 Fatally, Across Chicago This Weekend

    https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...ekend/2418122/

  20. #295
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,278

    Default

    Antiques Roadshow, Vintage Baltimore


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

  21. #296
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,278

    Default

    American Masters on PBS


    Sent via mobile device


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

  22. #297
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    16,174

    Default

    Disappointed to find out that there will only be one more season of the ‘Peaky Blinders’ series. The producers are open to potential feature length films, though.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  23. #298
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Disappointed to find out that there will only be one more season of the ‘Peaky Blinders’ series. The producers are open to potential feature length films, though.
    I agree, I saw that yesterday. That's such a good series and it's neat how they weave in real people and incidents into the stories (although I had to stop reading up on them because I don't want any spoilers for the last season lol).

  24. #299
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    10,703

    Default

    Watched 1 episode of Bridgerton, a few minutes into episode 2 I decided it wasn't for me. Switched to Cobra Kai, a bit of a rough start but then sucked me in, got thru 5 episodes last night.


    I think I mentioned Atypical before. Took a bit, but I finished all 3 seasons. A little up and down, some plot points weren't enjoyable, but overall I really dug it.

    I breezed thru Emily in Paris. Light and fluffy, but enjoyable.

    edit--except for Emily's French boss--that woman was truly awful, by the end I was yelling at the TV every time she was in a scene

  25. #300
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Watched 1 episode of Bridgerton, a few minutes into episode 2 I decided it wasn't for me. Switched to Cobra Kai, a bit of a rough start but then sucked me in, got thru 5 episodes last night.


    I think I mentioned Atypical before. Took a bit, but I finished all 3 seasons. A little up and down, some plot points weren't enjoyable, but overall I really dug it.

    I breezed thru Emily in Paris. Light and fluffy, but enjoyable.

    edit--except for Emily's French boss--that woman was truly awful, by the end I was yelling at the TV every time she was in a scene
    That's funny about "Bridgerton," I also stopped shortly into episode 2 (when a man dresses a lot like Willy Wonka walked by) because I didn't love it. We cancelled Netflix on January 2nd and because we didn't remove the app from the Roku, somehow one of the kids accidentally renewed the subscription...so we have it one more month. I ended up binge watching the end of Bridgerton once we got it renewed. I really don't like the Regency era, it seems like everyone loves Jane Austen and her stories are always so meh to me, so I thought I'd give it another shot. I liked the sub plots more than Daphne's, I felt like the later episodes were just always the same plot over and over for her, but the other characters had fresh plots. It did have some good moments and I don't regret watching the rest of the season.

    I watched the Two Killings of Sam Cooke last night, I thought it was very good and interesting from a Civil Rights perspective. I've had it in my queue for over a year and put it off thinking it was going to be all about his murder, but I was pleasantly surprised that took up a small portion of the documentary. It was interesting learning more about his music I've loved as long as I can remember and his place in the Civil Rights movement.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •