• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bartruff1
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    We're not going to do the whole Prohibition thing again I hope. But just to prepare for the world getting back to normal, I bought myself some beaded flapper style dresses during the darkest days of quarantine.
    F Scott's roaring twenties only applied to the Gatsby's of the nation.....perhaps as today.....then came the nearly 12 year depression and the exponential growth of government ending only in the madness of WWII...

The Prohibition of booze ended in 1933.....the parallels with drugs are eerily similar... One of the most dangerous of sentiments is that " This Time It Will Be Different "........ I hope so...

Comment

• RenoZag
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2007

ESPN coverage of the PGA championship.
      The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• sittingon50
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Dodgers @ Giants.
        But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• RenoZag
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
          ESPN coverage of the PGA championship.
          Ditto. Will be rooting for Lefty today. Might be an exciting finish to the second major of the year.

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• seacatfan
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2014

A bit of NCAA softball Regionals and 1 WNBA game yesterday. More of both on tap for today.

edit--Sloot and the Sky are on ESPN right now against Ionescu and the Liberty.

Comment

• seacatfan
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2014

Entertaining game, but Sky faded in Q4. Sloot w/ 14 pts/16 assists. Ionescu w/ 19 pts/12 assists. Not a bad day for Graves protege PGs.

Comment

• seacatfan
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2014

I'm worn out. Watched a little softball earlier. Washington was hosting a Regional, had to come back thru the losers bracket. Michigan only had to win once today to advance, UW needed 2 wins. Dawgs got the first game 2-0 in a pitcher's duel. 2nd game fell behind 5-1 in the 2nd inning. I thought it was over. Got 2 runs back in the 3rd. Then exploded for 7 in the 4th. 10-5 final. Michigan has 2 really good pitchers and they rocked both of them in that second game.

Now they have to face Oklahoma, who has one of the most powerful offenses ever. Have about 1000 home runs this year (okay, maybe not quite that many).

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                  • Feb 2007

Been watching Sinner on NetFlix with Bill Pullman. Very interesting series.
                  "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• RenoZag
                    Super Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

2021 NCAA Women's Golf National Championship. Ole Miss knocks off Oklahoma State to claim the title

Comment

• Eroop22
                      Zag for Life
                      • Sep 2009

Currently in a show hole. I blame covid. Watched more TV last year then I did the previous 5 years.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
                      You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Comment

• bartruff1
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jan 2010

The Greatest Spectacle in Racing...

Comment

• RenoZag
                          Super Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

PGA Tour golf on TGC.

Comment

• Jazzgirl_127
                            Zag for Life
                            • Mar 2007

Cinderella Man

Comment

• Zagceo
                              Zag for Life
                              • Nov 2013

Fauci getting challenged

Comment

• 23dpg