Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by kdaleb View Post
    Been binging the show Younger with my wife. I _love_ Sutton Foster, and I can't believe I'd never watched this before. She's starring in a revival of Music Man this fall with Hugh Jackman... and I really want to get to NY for that.
    I like her (and her ex Christian Borle) too, she seems like the musical theater girl in every high school who was nice to everyone...and it's always nice to see those people be successful. I hope you get to NYC.

Tonight's "American Masters" episode subject will be Miles Davis. Check your local PBS listings. . .

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Tonight's "American Masters" episode subject will be Miles Davis. Check your local PBS listings. . .
    Saw this too late, although I think "Billy Madison" ruined Miles Davis for my generation.

Just thought I'd share this here, the MET will be streaming some operas this upcoming week. I was planning to take my oldest to see Carmen next month, but our show got cancelled, so we'll be tuning in on Monday night. Carmen is a good opera for people who don't like opera IMO.
    https://operawire.com/metropolitan-o...n6EjRXQ_T2sAOA

Watching a recorded Stargate, the movie.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Hunters on amazon prime

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    Hunters on amazon prime
    Watched that. Don't know what to think about it. Strange topic to treat in a cavalier way. Let me know your reaction.

Westworld Season 2 marathon leading into Season 3 premiere tonight
    So many brackets, so little time.

"The Count of Monte Cristo" with the kids. Eight year old read an abridged version of the book this morning in our attempt to still be academic while off school.

ESPNU
    ... 11/16/2010 San Diego State @ #12 Gonzaga .

Meech, Gray, Sacre, Elias and pre redshirt year Olynyk start

Dower, Arop, Marquise Carter, Monninghoff.

Aztecs have Kawhi
    So that's at least 3 NBA players and one NFL guy

Quote Originally Posted by Akzag View Post
    ESPNU
    ... 11/16/2010 San Diego State @ #12 Gonzaga .

Meech, Gray, Sacre, Elias and pre redshirt year Olynyk start

Dower, Arop, Marquise Carter, Monninghoff.

Aztecs have Kawhi
    So that's at least 3 NBA players and one NFL guy
    SDSU wins by 4 in what a wet-behind-the-ears Farnham / Flemming call the biggest win for the Aztec program.

With two minutes left, a little used player named Michael Hart enters the game on defense, fouls to force FTs, gets subbed out for offense, then back in and draws a charge. Little did we all know.

Also on the bench looked to be Keita and a very young looking David Stockton.

Gray had 30+ and single handedly kept us in the game. Fun seeing him score on Leonard.

Elias left late with some ankle problem.

I have started watching Black Sails. It is OK. Not quite gripping enough to keep me fully awake.

Might have to look for another series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I have started watching Black Sails. It is OK. Not quite gripping enough to keep me fully awake.

Might have to look for another series.

I felt the same way. I might need to watch it on a tablet so I stay focused and don't find other things to do. I had the same problem when I started watching Turn and only watched the first two episodes because I couldn't get into it. I ended up loving it once I paid better attention.
    If you haven't watched AMC's "Turn" yet, I would absolutely recommend it!

I’ve been watching the last 2 seasons of Dexter.

If you have a library card you can probably sign up for Hoopla. Free streaming, movies, tv shows and music. They have a ton of content. Some really obscure stuff, some more well known, some new, some old, something for everybody. Just watched a really nice movie, don't know if it ever hit theaters, if it did it was a really short run. "The Feast of Seven Fishes." Blue collar Italian family, small rural town, I think in Pennsylvania. They have a long tradition of gathering together on Christmas Eve and having a big feast with a bunch of seafood they've spent all day preparing together. Multiple generations. The story centers around a kid in his early 20s and a new blossoming romance that hits some snags. Some recognizable faces in it. Really heart felt and well done.

Just started Deadwood. I never watched it when it was on, and I've always been meaning to. Then they came out with the movie, so it became imperative that I watch it.
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Been watching so many movies... normally it's a tv show or two a night... haven't watched this many movies in years.

Ozark, Season 3, Netflix.

A silver lining to all that has been going on in the world, many musicians are streaming mini concerts from their homes. I'm currently watching/listening to Eilen Jewell, a great country/folk/blues singer from Boise, ID. This time I wasn't caught off guard w/ the reverse image from the phone. She happens to be married to her drummer so they've got half the band under one roof.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    If you have a library card you can probably sign up for Hoopla. Free streaming, movies, tv shows and music. They have a ton of content. Some really obscure stuff, some more well known, some new, some old, something for everybody. Just watched a really nice movie, don't know if it ever hit theaters, if it did it was a really short run. "The Feast of Seven Fishes." Blue collar Italian family, small rural town, I think in Pennsylvania. They have a long tradition of gathering together on Christmas Eve and having a big feast with a bunch of seafood they've spent all day preparing together. Multiple generations. The story centers around a kid in his early 20s and a new blossoming romance that hits some snags. Some recognizable faces in it. Really heart felt and well done.
    We finally downloaded Hoopla a few days ago, we're watching "Modern Times," the boys are really enjoying it, they've been laughing like crazy.

Rewatching The Last Kingdom series. Season 4 is supposed to be coming out mid month, so I’m going through the first three seasons again.

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Ozark, Season 3, Netflix.
    Finished it the other night. I enjoyed it, although even I noticed how violent the season was and that kind of stuff usually doesn’t bother me.

The Ruth character pretty much steals every scene she is in. I admire the actress playing Darlene also, because she “infects” every scene with pure creepiness.

I’m looking forward to Sunday’s and Monday’s for new episodes of Westworld and Better Cal Saul.

Watch the Movie Documentary about Ayrton Senna, Formula One driver.

A very moving movie covering the span of his career and his horrific, predictable death, with a real life plot that rivals the best of provocative fiction. (Senna's rivalry with F1 driver, Alain Prost is an amazing story in itself). He was Brazil's Adam Morrison. In other words, a rock star that filled venues.

You will not be disappointed.

I think it is on Netflix, but possibly Amazon as I can't recall, but start with Netflix.
    I miss Mike Hart

ROOT " Classic College Basketball", North Dakota @ Gonzaga, winter break 2017. The guide said GU @ USD 2017. Beggars can't be choosers ( I watched UNC @ GU last night ).
    Still, if this game didn't have the eventual Geno connection, I would have deleted it.