Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    This.
    This.

And on my TV, it keeps looking like the blue team is slower and smaller and less organized. I keep trying to adjust the picture and it doesn't change. That white team just pops on the screen.

It really bothers me bc my beloved Saints were counting upon the damn Seahawks to at least show-up, and so far they aren't doing it. They are SO being dominated.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I cannot believe the Chickens took that penalty when they had the ball on the HALF YARD LINE and no one was paying attention to the fact that they weren't even close to snapping the ball.

I cannot believe it.

Then I cannot believe that the fates managed to keep that final throw 2 inches from breaking the goal line, indeed I thought I could see the tip of the ball across the line as his shoulder hit.

This is just heart breaking. It means my Saints have to play an extra game, no one should want to play another play off game against anybody. Just another chance for a loss.

Had the Seahawks won, the Saints would've had a bye. And just like Seahawks, they fck themselves with the penalty, then come up literally an inch short - literally.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Two dogs snoring

Twilight Zone Marathon on Syfy Channel.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Winter classic

So glad to see this thread resurrected. As probably nobody remembers that I made some recommendations at the very first start of this thread, I respectfully, moderately, urgingly, passionately, recommend Firefly. You won't be disappointed. Saddest outcome for a one season series that never, ever should have been cancelled. But it was SO good that a major motion picture ("Serenity") was made later that finalized the series. Strongly recommended.

Again, I think "The Wire" is the best series ever made, but there are so many series that are spectacular nowadays. Where the hell does all the money for this come from? I thoroughly enjoyed "The Man in the High Castle." Glad to see there's more coming.

Other recommendations:

The Expanse (great, great, great Sci-Fi, which is rare, and another season is coming Woooowoooo!)
    Dark Matter (more good Sci-Fi)

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    So glad to see this thread resurrected. As probably nobody remembers that I made some recommendations at the very first start of this thread, I respectfully, moderately, urgingly, passionately, recommend Firefly. You won't be disappointed. Saddest outcome for a one season series that never, ever should have been cancelled. But it was SO good that a major motion picture ("Serenity") was made later that finalized the series. Strongly recommended.

Again, I think "The Wire" is the best series ever made, but there are so many series that are spectacular nowadays. Where the hell does all the money for this come from? I thoroughly enjoyed "The Man in the High Castle." Glad to see there's more coming.

Other recommendations:

The Expanse (great, great, great Sci-Fi, which is rare, and another season is coming Woooowoooo!)

Cheers!
    I have stopped watching fictional series like that, but I absolutely can get addicted to them and binge watch. I just have never been a Netflix guy (that's where the money is coming from, that and HBO, right?) and we cannot afford HBO, trying to go the other direction and cut less and less.

My daughter, aged 12, Only watches TV just as she's going to bed and with mom lying down and TV is on, and her two favorite shows? This is amazing: Golden Girls and The Office, she loves both. The Office really is great, but hard to see why a 12 year old loves it so much.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post

Other recommendations:

Cheers!
    What I've watched of "Firefly" reminded me of another single season series I loved from childhood "The Adventures of Brisco County Jr." They're both sci-fi westerns. I loved how tongue in cheek Brisco was, even at 9 or 10 I knew it was poking good natured fun at the serial westerns my parents grew up watching.

I am watching the fiddlers as the world burns.....

Does anyone remember who had a zags YouTube channel with a bunch of videos? I'm really struggling to find it just searching on YouTube or using the search function on GU boards. I need ones with especially good defense, Mike Hart in particular would be much appreciated we're trying to teach the 8yo how to be more aggressive (he did get a steal today, so yay!). I think watching videos would help him visualize what I'm telling him to do when we practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    Does anyone remember who had a zags YouTube channel with a bunch of videos? I'm really struggling to find it just searching on YouTube or using the search function on GU boards. I need ones with especially good defense, Mike Hart in particular would be much appreciated we're trying to teach the 8yo how to be more aggressive (he did get a steal today, so yay!). I think watching videos would help him visualize what I'm telling him to do when we practice.
    Try this thread: http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...light-Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Thanks Reno, I didn't realize there was a recent thread about YouTube videos. The one I was thinking of was old, but I'll definitely look through these!

Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow
    Anything good? I always enjoy learning about the different items people bring in.
    I had an episode on years ago that actually helped us solve the mystery of the name on an old musket (where the gunsmith was located too) that had been in my husband's family for generations, I figured out the approximate years based on it's characteristics and the Antiques Roadshow confirmed it. That's the only gun I'll ever let in the house though because we don't have black powder or lead to melt our own musket balls (we do have the mold and powder horn that went with it).

Anything good? I always enjoy learning about the different items people bring in.
    I had an episode on years ago that actually helped us solve the mystery of the name on an old musket (where the gunsmith was located too) that had been in my husband's family for generations, I figured out the approximate years based on it's characteristics and the Antiques Roadshow confirmed it. That's the only gun I'll ever let in the house though because we don't have black powder or lead to melt our own musket balls (we do have the mold and powder horn that went with it).
    They happened to have an 18th Century Blunderbuss. There were some high value appraisals of art, jewelry, posters, etc. Have enjoyed watching the show for many years now.

They happened to have an 18th Century Blunderbuss. There were some high value appraisals of art, jewelry, posters, etc. Have enjoyed watching the show for many years now.
    Very cool, it's neat to see what was kept by people for so long.

I recommend this special.
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

This looks interesting. I think I'll be watching PBS tonight
    https://youtu.be/92NgwcvR8E4

This looks interesting. I think I'll be watching PBS tonight
    https://youtu.be/92NgwcvR8E4
    One of the better episodes on American Experience. Wiley and others like him have protected American consumers from those who would cut food safety corners for the sake of profit.

Watching Golf Channel until the start of the Pepperdine @ BYU game

Before that, I was watching the impeachment trial of Donald John Trump.