Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Akzag View Post
    ROOT " Classic College Basketball", North Dakota @ Gonzaga, winter break 2017. The guide said GU @ USD 2017. Beggars can't be choosers ( I watched UNC @ GU last night ).
    Still, if this game didn't have the eventual Geno connection, I would have deleted it.
    Jacob Larsen looked promising. Tillie took a nasty fall on his tailbone ( returned shortly after) . JW3 gets a flagrant for an inadvertent elbow to the jaw / throat of his defender. I miss Silas. Jeremy didn't play in the first 30 minutes, but made a difference when he was allowed on the floor. No Heister.
    So many brackets, so little time.

Jacob Larsen looked promising. Tillie took a nasty fall on his tailbone ( returned shortly after) . JW3 gets a flagrant for an inadvertent elbow to the jaw / throat of his defender. I miss Silas. Jeremy didn't play in the first 30 minutes, but made a difference when he was allowed on the floor. No Heister.
    6:30 left, Geno has 12 points.

6:30 left, Geno has 12 points.
    4:11 left ... Zags' down 8. This Rui guy is freakishly athletic, but super raw. The Norvell guy needs to stop shooting. Never mind, he just hit a 3. No conscience. Down 5, under 4. #12 Gonzaga is going down. Tomi Bradley is celebrating her 100th bday at the game.

4:11 left ... Zags' down 8. This Rui guy is freakishly athletic, but super raw. The Norvell guy needs to stop shooting. Never mind, he just hit a 3. No conscience. Down 5, under 4. #12 Gonzaga is going down. Tomi Bradley is celebrating her 100th bday at the game.
    Just saw a redshirting Brandon Clarke, who looks 20 # lighter than he would in 18-19.

Just saw a redshirting Brandon Clarke, who looks 20 # lighter than he would in 18-19.
    Holy U-turns ... Zags' up 4 with 1:10 left. It's over, they woke up. Jeremy Jones can safely sit down.

Up 3, jw3 at the line to ice it, brick ... Geno hits a 3 with 1.9 left. Overtime.

Geno has 16 of his 20 in the 2nd half.

Norvell 3. And a finger roll. 7-0 to start OT. It's over again
    And now it's really over as Root fails to fit the entire game into the 2 hour recording window. RuFinKidfing Me ?!?! Delete.

Next time drop the halftime coverage.

Just finished watching The American President.

No comment on any comparisons people may make.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    Saw this too late, although I think "Billy Madison" ruined Miles Davis for my generation.
    It’s on Netflix now, if you’re still interested. He was a complex dude.

Sent via mobile device

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaZagFan View Post
    Just started Deadwood. I never watched it when it was on, and I've always been meaning to. Then they came out with the movie, so it became imperative that I watch it.
    Did you like it ?

Sent via mobile device

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    It’s on Netflix now, if you’re still interested. He was a complex dude.

Sent via mobile device
    I'll have to watch it. I had a show about Sam Cooke in my Netflix queue for the longest time, I'll need to see if that one's still available too.

Eddie the Eagle.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Watched The King (Netflix) last night... not bad.

Just finished Tiger King (Netflix)... man that makes me worry about America.

Waiting on the wife and daughter to catch up on Ozark (Netflix) so haven't hit season 3 yet.

Just started Westworld (HBO)... really interesting so far... liking it.

Been watching, old school, as in watching it on TV as it is on, War of the Worlds on EPIX. Still a bit of a toss-up for me. Next week is season finale... getting more of a Walking Dead feel to it. Definitely NOT like the old versions though. Will ride it out through at least one more season.

Watched Hunters (Amazon Prime)... really good show... but not for everyone... wife thought it was meh... so did my daughter. Other friends loved it.

The Boys (Amazon Prime)... pure awesome.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    Watch the Movie Documentary about Ayrton Senna, Formula One driver.

A very moving movie covering the span of his career and his horrific, predictable death, with a real life plot that rivals the best of provocative fiction. (Senna's rivalry with F1 driver, Alain Prost is an amazing story in itself). He was Brazil's Adam Morrison. In other words, a rock star that filled venues.

You will not be disappointed.

I think it is on Netflix, but possibly Amazon as I can't recall, but start with Netflix.
    Thanks for the recommendation MM. Viewed it this afternoon (on NF). Filmmakers had some exciting footage to work with along with the interviews of Senna & Prost.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 04-07-2020 at 06:45 AM.

We just watched 'The Man Who Invented Christmas".

A light hearted look at Charles Dickens writing 'The Christmas Carol' in 6 weeks.

Very imaginative and worth the 2 hours.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    The Boys (Amazon Prime)... pure awesome.
    Totally agree. I just signed up for a free trial of Amazon Prime. I binged thru this in one long night. I was familiar w/ a few of the actors/actresses, but most of them I didn't know. I think they all pretty much knocked it out of the park with their performances.

I'd seen season 1-3 of The Expanse previously when it was on Sci Fi. Now I'm starting to work my way thru season 4 on Prime, as well as trying out The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Enjoying both. I've found myself thinking many of the acclaimed series from the premium channels are overrated, but I'm impressed w/ the stuff from Prime so far.

This was several weeks ago, but the documentary "Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice" was excellent.