Thread: Wordle

Default Wordle

Who's playing it?

No spoilers but feel free to brag, vent, or give your best tips (how your approach each daily puzzle).

What is it?
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I choose to ignore Wordle just as I ignored Soduku.

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    What is it?
    It's a five letter word you have to guess. It eliminates letters that aren't in it and tells you when you get a letter correct and correct in the correct spot. You get 6 tries to get the mystery word, it's the same for everyone playing. There's only one word a day so you don't fall into a bottomless time wasting abyss...

Now if you want a time wasting abyss, there's Absurdle. With that one it eliminates letters as you guess them and the mystery word changes based on your guesses until you get the only word that can be made from the letters that are left.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    I choose to ignore Wordle just as I ignored Soduku.
    I've only done a few Soduku puzzles, my 10 year old learned about them in his GATE class and wanted a book of them, so we've worked on the same puzzle a couple of times. The boys are enjoying this too, 8yo doesn't get them most of the time, 10yo has beaten his Dad and I once.

I've played it. It's fun. It took me a few times to figure out the rules, but now that I have, I enjoy playing it. I'm sure, like everything else, I'll tire of it soon and forget all about it. I wish you got more than one per day, but that's probably what will keep the interest up for awhile. It also probably what will help me to forget to play it some days.
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaZagFan View Post
    I've played it. It's fun. It took me a few times to figure out the rules, but now that I have, I enjoy playing it. I'm sure, like everything else, I'll tire of it soon and forget all about it. I wish you got more than one per day, but that's probably what will keep the interest up for awhile. It also probably what will help me to forget to play it some days.
    The first time I played I thought the "how to play" instructions were giving me hints so I kept using the "correct" letters in my guess. I was frustrated until I realized those weren't clues and somehow managed to get it in 6 that day.