Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

Hybrid View

Default What are you watching?

I just started watching Boardwalk Empire. I'm on episode 10 in season 1 and I'm hooked. My wife and I watch one to two episodes a night. We just finished the Wire and needed something to replace it. I'm glad Omar is in bother shows.
    Bring back the OCC

The Wire is a hard one to top.

"Where's Wallace at? ... Where's the boy, String?"

I've been faithfully watching Dexter for years, but the wife is a bit squeamish for that kind of genre. I went on a week-long trip a couple of months ago, and she thought she might watch an episode or two to see if she might be interested. Turns out she watched 5 full seasons before I got back.

Outside of The Wire, probably my favorite series was Firefly. Sadly, some idiot exec at Fox cancelled the show after the first season, just when it was exploding in popularity (Interestingly, they also aired the episodes in the wrong order, confusing viewers about the overall story). Technically, it's sci-fi, but it's actually more of a space western drama. Really great characters and stories. If you haven't seen it, it's well worth it (as well as the feature movie Serenity, which follows up on the initial series). Definitely in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post

I've been faithfully watching Dexter for years, but the wife is a bit squeamish for that kind of genre. I went on a week-long trip a couple of months ago, and she thought she might watch an episode or two to see if she might be interested. Turns out she watched 5 full seasons before I got back.

Outside of The Wire, probably my favorite series was Firefly. Sadly, some idiot exec at Fox cancelled the show after the first season, just when it was exploding in popularity (Interestingly, they also aired the episodes in the wrong order, confusing viewers about the overall story). Technically, it's sci-fi, but it's actually more of a space western drama. Really great characters and stories. If you haven't seen it, it's well worth it (as well as the feature movie Serenity, which follows up on the initial series). Definitely in my book.
    Thanks for the recommendation on Firefly. I will have to check to see if it's on netflix.

The Wire is one of my favorite shows. I kind of want to watch it again.
    Bring back the OCC

The Wire was great. We cut HBO so I never finished Boardwalk.

We just started Low Winter Sun, which seems pretty good.

I really like the Netflix original House of Cards.
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cjm720 View Post
    The Wire was great. We cut HBO so I never finished Boardwalk.

We just started Low Winter Sun, which seems pretty good.

I really like the Netflix original House of Cards.
    I agree House of Cards was good. I hope there will be a second season. Low Winter Sun sounds interesting from what I just read on the internets. I'll have to suggest that one to my wife.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation on Firefly. I will have to check to see if it's on netflix.

The Wire is one of my favorite shows. I kind of want to watch it again.
    Firefly is on Netflix!!!!!! Worth the time to watch.

Good thread.

When I get a chance will definitely check some of these shows.

The last mini series that we actually got hooked on was "WEEDS", we would watch like several episodes per day and after we watched the whole thing, we would watch over and over from the beginning.

I am starting to get my wife into Arrested Development.

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post

You're my new best friend because... I... LOVE... THE WIRE. DeAngelo was my favorite character, so I always think of that specific scene whenever I think of the show.
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Watching airport TV tuned to CNN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

It's been a busy year for me. Sold our house bought a new one and things are finely slowing down a bit. So as of right now I am catching up on a lot of shows The Walking Dead, Blacklist, House of Cards.
    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Finished season 7 of The Walking Dead last night. All in all it was not the best season but it was pretty good. If I could pick a character to just randomly get bit by a walker it would be King Ezekiel. That dude annoys me.
    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

I just started the "Roanoke" season of American Horror Story. I'm enjoying the way they present it as a TV show retelling and use actors that vaguely look like the "real life" people telling the story. It's just something really different.

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Watching the US men's soccer team play Portugal. Nice start for the US but what a terrible goal let in by the US keeper. Poor kid in just his 2nd appearance for the US.

Finished watching Ken Burns’ “Country Music” this afternoon. Enjoyed it very much.

Sent via mobile device

I binged "Unbelievable" from Netflix. Some parts of it were tough to watch, but it was really good. Based on true events, starts in Lynnwood, WA then shifts mostly to Colorado. Strong performances, particularly Kaitlyn Dever, Toni Collette and Merritt Wever.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Finished watching Ken Burns’ “Country Music” this afternoon. Enjoyed it very much.

Sent via mobile device
    I read a thing the other day that noted an argument could be made that Mississippi is origination of point of jazz, rock (Elvis from Tupelo) and country.

The "artery" of American music is the Mississippi river. The delta sent "blues" upstream to St. Louis and Memphis, and Jazz downstream to New Orleans, a combo of which made "rock" (according to some).
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

deer

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    deer

Last week

Sent via mobile device

NLDS. Nats and Dodgers.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Yankees - Twins, with an occasional peek at the Niners

The world ending.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.