• ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Serbia beats Canada, 87-74.

Comment

• webspinnre
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Struggled with his 3s again, but better from 2s. Serbia shot 23 more FTs than Canada.
      I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• sanders
        Kennel Club Material
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by ZagsZombieNation View Post
        People forget but Manny's freshman year at Gonzaga he was the Mike Hart of that team. Offensive rebounding, energy guy, good 3 point shooter. Then he fell out of the rotation 2nd half of sophomore year and I still really don't know why. I wish Gonzaga had had him for 4 years, and I'm also surprised he isn't playing more at the WUG.
        Hard to believe now, but at the U19s in 2009, Arop led Canada in scoring, ahead of three future NBAers (Olynyk, Tristan Thompson and Cory Joseph) and Marc Trasolini, among others.

At the 08 qualifiers, he also led the team (no Joseph on that team, but Thompson, Olynyk, and Trasolini were there as well).

Comment

• TheGonzagaFactor
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Zippyzaggy View Post
          Well of course it's your opinion. Who elses would it be?

Also, you have sprinkled a whole lot of IMOs, may nots, and suggests, to prop up basically....nothing but speculation.

Kyrie wearing Cargo shorts really should have had no impact on his defense of Pangos. Kyrie is a great player and I hardly think wearing cargo shorts, or a tutu, would make any difference. All you are bringing to the table is speculation.

And of couse this is my opinion. But then again, who elses would it be? )
          Wow. Apparently the point I was making went WAY over your head. I don't know why I can't get it through my head that some people on this site don't have reading comprehension skills.

You overreacted a bit to my use of "IMO", I just don't like to insert my opinion as fact. Of course all I bring is speculation, I am a poster on a ####### blog.

Like I said, the cargo shorts suggested that he was not taking it seriously. Why would he go anywhere near 100% against a college player who, even as talented as he is, most likely will never wear an NBA jersey? It's not that you CAN'T play your best in cargo shorts, it's that if you wear them you aren't taking it as seriously as if you were in regular basketball shorts. If people want to think Kevin could actually defend Kyrie, then keep living in fantasy land.
          "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

Comment

• Mojo13
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
            Serbia beats Canada, 87-74.
            Canada was abused inside by Gagic trying to defend him with unsized Owen Classen, burnatowski, wiltjer and Powell. Yet 7'1 pac12 block leader and all defensive team Jordan Bachynski was planted on the bench?
            Was he hurt? Or did Triano just not care?

Comment

• Oregonzagnut
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by TheGonzagaFactor View Post
              Wow. Apparently the point I was making went WAY over your head. I don't know why I can't get it through my head that some people on this site don't have reading comprehension skills.
              Ouch. I know we all love a good debate, but the personal cuts get out of line sometimes around here.
              “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Comment

• ZagsZombieNation
                Kennel Club Material
                • May 2013

Originally posted by sanders View Post
                Hard to believe now, but at the U19s in 2009, Arop led Canada in scoring, ahead of three future NBAers (Olynyk, Tristan Thompson and Cory Joseph) and Marc Trasolini, among others.

At the 08 qualifiers, he also led the team (no Joseph on that team, but Thompson, Olynyk, and Trasolini were there as well).
                And had a pretty good season at Indiana State last year, which made the NIT, so I'm surprised he didn't play more in the World University games. But I am also surprised he didn't play at all at the end of his sophomore season at GU, so I guess Manny will remain a mystery.

Comment

• Zippyzaggy
                  Professional Zag Fan
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Oregonzagnut View Post
                  Ouch. I know we all love a good debate, but the personal cuts get out of line sometimes around here.
                  LOL, I was thinking the same thing. And, that is why I am not going to respond to the poster. If I have something to say about something that someone disagrees with, they really shouldn't have to resort to insults.

I have no comprehension skills and live in fantasy land. OK then, you win.

I am curious though as to how people can get away with being disrespectful, rude, etc. but lord help you if you post something that calls into question certain posters predictions of commits. That gets deleted immediatley. See, I am startiing to learn that things are somewhat corrupt and not consistent around here and it only took me about two weeks. Now, delete that!

Comment

• Zippyzaggy
                    Professional Zag Fan
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by sanders View Post

He had a TON of talent. The ony thing I ever heard was that he kept getting out of place in offensive sets. Timing, rhythm, placement, ball movement, all important to the TEAMs success. Not sure if it was lack of focus, live game nerves, or what, but it certainly cost him and unfortunatley, put him in Few's doghouse.

Comment

Working...
                    X