Thread: Recruiting

Default Recruiting

With 3 scholarships open for '14 (Redmon, Palmer and Golden seniors) and 5 more for '15 the coaches have a big summer ahead of them.

Emma Wolfram will arrive this fall and fill Stephanie's role nicely. So the real challenge this summer will be to recruit two guards. There have been a number of prospects mentioned in earlier threads. Give the somewhat quiet nature of women's recruiting, at least compared to the men, I imagine there are others we haven't heard about yet.

Best of luck to the coaches in finding the young ladies that will continue to grow the program!

My daughter's team played a Salt Lake area team last weekend and it was said that their guard has been offered by the Zags. Didn't catch her name, but she was solid with deep range. We beat them but they were a one-girl team

Zagco's, did some searching and never came up with a name. If you run into her again let me know and I'll try ro research.

The EOT tourney was about a month ago now, but this link is better late than never.

http://www.fullcourt.com/prep/23499/...itle-end-trail

Nice photo and some information on Miss McPhee and Miss Smith who are my first choices. Lexi Bando who has been on our radar too gets a little ink.

Coach Lisa sent a number of texts from the event.

Hopefully some news soon as the ladies around the NW are starting to make decisions.

Here's another article about action involving players of interest.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...f-stars-68-62/

McPhee committed to Stanford this morning.

Stanford gains a pledge from Brittany McPhee 2014 guard from the NW Blazers @cgbr27
    Last edited by spudzag; 08-07-2013 at 12:28 PM. Reason: add reference from twitter

Bummer.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Boy is recruiting quiet this summer. Nothing but crickets. Since EOT tournament there has been nothing that I can find.

A commitment would be nice, with 3 open spots available.

no rumors?....no ifs?....top program like the zags shouldn't have any trouble....but like the men's game,we need to get a lot deeper this year....no reason why we shouldn't....IMO anyway....

Default Time for some good news.

Nicole Powell joining the staff after the WNBA season close is certainly good news. Have watched her play since her Stanford days. If she can bring her approach to the game to GU we will see good things happening.

Emma joining the group already upfront is terrific news. We've just got to be overjoyed about where we stand at the 4 and 5 spots for the next 3 years.

Not to be Captain Obvious here, but Bayli's heading back to Fresno was definitely not good news. It won't really impact this season but to keep things rolling it was important.

So there are 4 scholarships for '14 and 5 for 15' available. 9 guards will gradate by then. Elle Tinkle will be the only guard on the current roster that will be hear for the 15-16 season.

With 2/3 of the top 60 players committed at this point it would be great to hear a few announcements of who the coaches will be bringing to the program.

All we really need is Chandler Smith from Brewster. Please be a Zag, Chandler.

Quote Originally Posted by rawkmandale View Post
    All we really need is Chandler Smith from Brewster. Please be a Zag, Chandler.
    CS would be a great addition to the team and share your enthusiasm.

We do have 4 opens scholarships and a several needs. Hope staff is pursuing local talent. Local products Jamie Weisner and Kelsey Moos seemed to have slipped through our finger in recent years. Hope that isn't the case with Chandler.

who does most of the recruiting?....does KG recruit?....I've always thought that the reason he did the USA teams was to get acquainted with the young talent out there, or is his presence here more important......I do think the bright young new assistant coach will be very very helpful,especially in the Cali area...

Zags pick up a recruit from Great Falls:

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/art...nclick_check=1

Great find 116. Looks like a great player to replace Ms. Golden.