Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Hart

Default Mike Hart

I saw on G. Coleman instagram have a small mention of Mike Hart. Has anyone heard if hes going to play overseas? Something or Nothing?

gcwavy1Long live Mike Hart!! A.K.A.. #KingOfTheHustle #ZagNation..Best of luck Overseas bro..#Salute 💯

Found this searching 'Mike Hart Gonzaga'

https://twitter.com/PDXChinooks

Portland Chinooks are in the IBL. http://www.ibl.com/portland_chinooks/

Good job, KStyles! Thanks!
    Portland Chinooks ‏@PDXChinooks 9h

@JohnCanzanoBFT @750TheGame The Portland Chinooks want to invite you to catch up with Mike Hart at their IBL game Fri. 7pm @ eastmoreland

Default Kudos

Quote Originally Posted by ZagZombie View Post
    I saw on G. Coleman instagram have a small mention of Mike Hart. Has anyone heard if hes going to play overseas? Something or Nothing?

gcwavy1Long live Mike Hart!! A.K.A.. #KingOfTheHustle #ZagNation..Best of luck Overseas bro..#Salute ��
    And good job, ZagZombie!
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Default Hart: From Zag to....

Shnook.

Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk.

"The University of Gonzaga?"
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Man, I already miss that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan24 View Post
    Man, I already miss that guy.
    My thoughts exactly.

Default I think the Portland crowds are

going to LOVE this kid's game. All the best, Mike !
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Default Ibl

IBL games are cheap and fun. Vancouver Volcanoes are my "home team". Best to Hart, hope to see him play. Here is a link to the league schedule.

http://www.ibl.com/schedule.php

Go Bulldogs!
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Anyone know what kind of money players make there? Best wishes to Mike.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Default peanuts, is my guess

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    Anyone know what kind of money players make there? Best wishes to Mike.
    I think Hart will treat this like he did the Zag opening: as a step to the next level. If he can. I think he could play overseas. Who knows where else. He never really showed what he can do on offense.

anyway, here's an older D league salary sked: Average NBA D-League Salary. This portland team is classified well beneath the D's, from what I can tell.

According to a 2007 report by National Public Radio, the average NBA D-League salary ranges from $12,000 to $24,000 a season. The report also stated that while NBA players are paid $100 a day for expenses when they are traveling to and from road games, NBA D-League players are paid only $30.00.
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

No way to measure Mike's loss to the Zags. With KO and Elias, it's 33 ppg and 15 boards. With Mike though, no firm measure is possible. Simply put, he did everything to make the team win games.
    The joy of watching Mike is gone.........unless there is a way to see his games in the future. As an aside, Mike did all this for GU without anyone really knowing his offensive side. If he brings that along, he'll be a much sought after player....yes even in the NBA. Nobody harasses an offense like Mike.and I don't think it'll matter which league he's in. What he does works at every level.

I wish Mike the very very....most possible best. He deserves his shot. Still in development is Mike but don't think those scouts didn't notice his value. There simply is nobody like him as far as I know.
    Last edited by MDABE80; 05-22-2013 at 02:53 PM. Reason: ....

Quote Originally Posted by gamagin View Post
    I think Hart will treat this like he did the Zag opening: as a step to the next level. If he can. I think he could play overseas. Who knows where else. He never really showed what he can do on offense.

anyway, here's an older D league salary sked: Average NBA D-League Salary. This portland team is classified well beneath the D's, from what I can tell.

According to a 2007 report by National Public Radio, the average NBA D-League salary ranges from $12,000 to $24,000 a season. The report also stated that while NBA players are paid $100 a day for expenses when they are traveling to and from road games, NBA D-League players are paid only $30.00.
    20K means they have to have another job. I would hope guys can get paid to do promotional appearances, commercials, or any other endeavor they can earn a living off of. Going overseas is the best thing to do financially since there are a lot of Euro teams who pay their stars substantially more than the minimum NBA salary.

But once you go Euro and more-over get a Euro contract, from what I have seen, it is harder to get back into the NBA even if you are NBA ready. Relocating to gamble on a short term stint in the NBA . Staying in the D league means they have a "retainer" on you and it is your quickest avenue into the NBA if anyone gets injured or a guy becomes a star in the D league.
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    No way to measure Mike's loss to the Zags. Qith KO and Elias, it's 33 ppg and 15 boards. With Mike though, no firm measure is possible. SImply put, he did everything to make the team win games.
    The joy of watching Mike is gone.........unless there is a way to see his games. As an aside, Mike did all this for us without knowing his offensive side. If he brings that along, he'll be a much sought after player.yes even in the NBA. Nobody harasses an offense like Mike.and I don't thin it'll matter which league he's in.

I wish Mike the very very....most possible best. He deserves his shot. Still in development is Mike but don't think those scouts didn't notice his value. There simply is nobody like him as far as I know.
    I have long believed that role players in college are often better at transitioning into being role players in the NBA. In this vein, I think Mike Hart could contribute at that level. Maybe only 5-10 minutes a game, but his defense, toughness, rebounding, etc. would be valuable to somebody. Almost every championship team has that guy on their roster.

3.9 rebounds per game does not do Mike Hart justice. While Kelly/Elias grabbed most of the defensive rebounds, Hart gave GU so many more possessions offensively with his rebounding. For the past two years he has been the backbone of this team, and hopefully he inspired the current/future GU players to hustle after every loose ball and work harder than everyone else in practice.

I'm going to be tuned into Mike's first game with the Chinooks tonight.
    Portland Chinooks ‏@PDXChinooks

If you can't make it to the game tonight listen to the live feed on http://www.ibl.com/portland_chinooks/

. live video production next home game #gethooked

ID ZAGFAN Guest

Default Chinooks 138 Volcanoes 128

Mike Hart played 23 minutes. He had 7 points, 7 rebounds, 4 fouls, 1 assist.

Good first game with the Chinooks.

They play again tonight in Salem at 7. I think it is the same link for the radio.

ZaGranny

Mike's efforts are "hard to quantify but easy to see".......
    Good find ZN! How you do it? I dunno but another good find.

ID ZAGFAN Guest

Default Chinooks 115 Salem 124

Mike Hart played 32 minutes and had 12 points, 13 rebounds (5 offensive), 6 fouls, 7 assists, 3 TO's, 1 steal. He shot 57.1% FG, 40% 3 pts., 100% FT

Fantastic job in a loss.

ZaGranny

Quote Originally Posted by ID ZAGFAN View Post
    Mike Hart played 32 minutes and had 12 points, 13 rebounds (5 offensive), 6 fouls, 7 assists, 3 TO's, 1 steal. He shot 57.1% FG, 40% 3 pts., 100% FT

Fantastic job in a loss.

ZaGranny
    Good job. he'll get noticed if he keeps this up. 6 fouls! It happenes when a kid's this busy.

Seems Mike has exceeded expectations at every level offered - may as well keep challenging him and see if he keeps up. Hall of fame Zag.

That is an amazing stat line 3 assists away from a triple double and over 50% from the field.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Default salaries

When Eugene had an IBL team a few years ago, the Register Guard ran a feature story on a player and if memory serves, he made $1300 for the season for about 20 games. That was a few years ago.

A hundred bucks a game is probably a good ballpark figure based on a quick search. Pay mentioned for IBL and similar leagues ranged from $30 to $200 per game.

Basically expense money. These guys are playing to be seen by scouts and to work on their games.

True Maynard. Mike's never disappointed. Even though he did things WE saw, the attention was on the scorers. When SI awarded Mike the GLUE guy for all of college basketball, few took notice. All those scout who came to see Elias, Kelly, etc won't forget when they see Mike again. Memories will be jogged and Mike will get his chance. Look at the NBA or college. Does anyone play like Mike? Nobody I know of. He's ferocious. The scouts will remember.......70% from the field in his first two games.......He keeps that up.......he'll have an audience. Unforgettable.

The Mike Hart Award should be in play for us. FIlms of what the kid did should be part of orientation for all newcombers.
    Last edited by MDABE80; 05-27-2013 at 12:49 PM. Reason: ....