Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Davis,Nunez?

Default Davis,Nunez?

Questions for insiders.

Lots of talk about Moser, is Davis out.? Haven't seen an update/discussion lately. , and not much said about Nunez re: progress,potential,where he fits into next years picture. Any info for .

Thought another thread mentioned that he had decided to go to Europe to play. Just a memory, so might be wrong. Try searching past threads for him!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Thought another thread mentioned that he had decided to go to Europe to play. Just a memory, so might be wrong. Try searching past threads for him!
    Yeah that's what was said about Davis. It's all Moser now.

I can't wait to see Nunez. I know he's not a 4, but maybe Kelly's transformation thing is contagious.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Thnx Will, heard Europe was 'possible' but nothing confirmed. Would be nice if Nunez is our surprise this year, seems to be all wishing and hoping to this point.

Personally, I don't expect a great deal out of Nunez next season, but I have been wrong before. He won't be eligible until mid-December. Although he has some college basketball playing experience, he does not have much of it, and it usually takes mid-year transfers until February to get caught up to game speed and to have any sort of real comfort level out there unless they're a total stud. Gonzaga is going to be pretty deep again (assuming they add a PF like Moser), so he's not likely to play huge minutes at any point. I expect him to contribute, but his better years lie ahead.

It's clear that he has all the physical tools that you'd want: size, length, tremendous athleticism, soft shooting touch. There's a reason the staff brought him into the program. But there are other areas that he simply needs to get better at: defense, ballhandling, toughness, strength, willingness to embrace incidental contact, etc.

Default Not so fast?

Goodman just tweeted this:
    @GoodmanCBS
    Been told by sources that San Diego State is in the mix, along with Gonzaga, for Tulane transfer Josh Davis.
    Maybe Goodman's misinformed, or maybe Davis to Europe isn't a foregone conclusion.

I have higher hopes for Nunez than what I usually have for transfers. We saw Carter have to get acclimated, GLE had to sit nearly half the season like Nunez will, but the big difference is that he already comes from a D1 background. He came in during play this last year and got a solid feel for GU's play, but more over hes not coming from the JC ranks which time and again weve seen and heard how different it is than D1 team ball. He will be able to at least contribute more or quicker than most transfers in my estimation.

Default Davis back in--maybe!

Interesting. Would it be an "either/or" with Moser, or could we be looking for the home run? CD, i agree about Nunez, but he could sure catch a few WCC foes off guard second time around!

Edi a C minus, Carter a C plus. Pretty low standard for Nunez to surpass.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Batista. Why am I not surprised you forgot JP? Didn't fit in to the point you wanted to make?

That only makes sense if Karno redshirts which would surprise me. I just refuse to believe Sam Dower won't be the man next year.

Quote Originally Posted by 229SintoZag View Post
    Batista. Why am I not surprised you forgot JP? Didn't fit in to the point you wanted to make?
    i was citing Hooter73's post, wisearse.

Oh me, yeah I didnt catch that either lol. Batista had his slow start just like Carter, then went gangbusters... just like Carter (his first year). Im just saying I dont foresee the slow start from Nunez due to coming from D1 AND being involved in the program during play. Not dissing the others... this time

Still in it with Davis.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Oh me, yeah I didnt catch that either. Batista had his slow start just like Carter, then went gangbusters... just like Carter. Im just saying I dont foresee the slow start from Nunez due to coming from D1 AND being involved in the program during play. Not dissing the others... this time
    Hoots, not sure Carter was ever quite gangbusters, but he did have a very good 2nd half junior year....Edi never really got anywhere....JP was awesome.....dont mind, Sinto, he cant help himself.

Regarding Nunez, I'm most worried about his brain. Not sure if he'd be willing to get in there and bang when one knock on the head could have very negative concussive consequences. Just not sure he can overcome this.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    Still in it with Davis.

Davis or Moser
    ...please.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Josh Davis is still looking, folks...apparently, he took himself "off the board" for nearly 2 weeks to discuss things with fam, friends, and the coaches around him.

He seriously considered going abroad to help alleviate some financial concerns he's hoping to address. Eligibility, in terms of graduating on time is also an issue right now. This, from all reports around this situation.

He visisted NC State, yet mostly as a "vacation" to visit old friends from his college and HS days. He's not considering the Wolfpack as a school to play his final season of eligibility.

He's honed in on the West Coast and Southwest US, for whatever reason.

He personally reached out to UCLA, yet coaching question marks and current players staying or going was a concern. San Diego St, 'Zona, the USC Trojans, and Gonzaga are on his radar.

He's taking his time, PLUS it's still no guarantee he graduates unless he takes care of business at school. Much like Moser, both need to work at graduating/qualifying by this Summer...last minute, if you will.

As of right now, he's looking So Cal, anywhere on the coast, and us, yet will need to wrap things up appropriately at Tulane, before he goes ANYWHERE.

The latter part applies to Moser at UNLV as well. Some graduates are available in Spring, yet from what I'm hearing, both student athletes have 10-16 credits still to go before they graduate....so.....take it fwiw.

Default 10hrs vs. 16 hrs.

Huge difference between 10 and 16! Hope it's closer to 10.

Sounds as if SDSU wants Moser to have a good visit.

http://aztecmesa.proboards.com/index...y&thread=31087

Carter you almost need separate grades for. One for his junior year, one for his senior year.

Edi was pretty much the same from beginning to end, although he started off this past season like a lightning rod.

Seems like most (if not all) are saying Davis OR Moser. I have heard some about Moser over the last couple of years, but absolutely nothing about Davis, other than what is on this board. With that qualifier in mind, I am just wondering why we couldn't make a solid case for both coming to GU. I assume Moser is locked in at the four. But, I am just wondering if Davis could possibly play the three, so that we could have both on the floor at the same time, with PK and SD as our fives? Again, I don't know if Davis could be effective at the three, or even if he would be interested playing at that spot, just wondering.

I freely admit I only skim these threads. I never let that stop me from picking on some of the old timers here, as I refuse to be one of the old cranks who lets facts get in the way of a good argument.

Carry on....

Quote Originally Posted by 229SintoZag View Post
    I freely admit I only skim these threads. I never let that stop me from picking on some of the old timers here, as I refuse to be one of the old cranks who lets facts get in the way of a good argument.

Carry on....
    Must be great to be you.

Default Jadon Cohee

The 2014 6'4" PG Jadon Cohee from Vancouver seems to be blowing up. Maybe this is the wrong thread but I wonder why the staff is not all over him.

Seems like he was on the radar but has disappeared. Any info of this stud as to if the staff has any interest?

Google his name...he is tearing it up in Canada and the US.