Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Nunez Kelly and Elias

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    414

    Default Nunez Kelly and Elias

    I was watching kelly, Elias, and Angel work out last night at Northpark with the Morrison's once again. They once again had Kelly shooting at NBA three point range (E as well)--I know people dismissed that a few nights ago when I stated that in this forum, but I think it is very telling (Angel shoots inside them)--I guess we will know for sure soon----------------Angel identifies himself as a guard---and he has a nice accurate shot (as I hinted a few days ago) but just like Monday--his handles are waaaay loose--dribbles high and loses the ball frequently (while being unguarded dibble during shooting drills) Im not trying to act like an NBA scout but it's easy to see even for a regular joe like me---hell Kelly has had better dribbling skills both nights by far-----with that said Im still very happy he's here and think he'll get coached up well

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    3,533

    Default

    Angel identified himself as a "guard" in HS and that concerns me a bit, to be honest.

    He's most definitely a wing and may even be a tweener/skinny/lanky PF instead.

    FWIW, his ball-handling was listed as his biggest weakness by every recruiting service before he headed to Louisville.

    They all said, "the kid has all the attributes and talent in the world, yet very raw, unrefined, and needs to work on the simple fundamentals."

    I hope he's doing that in addition to launching area code J's every night at the gym.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    706

    Default

    In defense of Nunez, he is coming from a program that fouls by the second dribble. He never needed to work on his handles.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boise, Idaho
    Posts
    763

    Default

    One of the great truisms in life is that almost every wing and post thinks they are a guard.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by realtydog View Post
    I was watching kelly, Elias, and Angel work out last night at Northpark with the Morrison's once again. They once again had Kelly shooting at NBA three point range (E as well)--I know people dismissed that a few nights ago when I stated that in this forum, but I think it is very telling (Angel shoots inside them)--I guess we will know for sure soon----------------Angel identifies himself as a guard---and he has a nice accurate shot (as I hinted a few days ago) but just like Monday--his handles are waaaay loose--dribbles high and loses the ball frequently (while being unguarded dibble during shooting drills) Im not trying to act like an NBA scout but it's easy to see even for a regular joe like me---hell Kelly has had better dribbling skills both nights by far-----with that said Im still very happy he's here and think he'll get coached up well
    I agree this is a telltale sign that kellys gone.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    north county San Diego
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doctorzag View Post
    I agree this is a telltale sign that kellys gone.
    I don't disagree

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    7,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagco View Post
    One of the great truisms in life is that almost every wing and post thinks they are a guard.
    Except for Ira Brown. That guy thought he was a defensive tackle.

    It might have been fun to watch him tangle with that Defensive lineman from BYU.

    Sorry about the tangent.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,733

    Default

    So Nunez isn't going to announce tomorrow?

    thx for the post
    Go Zags!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Down Under, you know Opera house etc.
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Just out of curiosity, how was Kelly fairing shooting the NBA 3? and who was hitting the higher % of them Kelly or Elias?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Why were they working out at northpark? Shouldn't they have the keys to the gym?
    "Life's too short to be unhappy so you wake up you just have to have a smile on your face and make someone else smile" - Rob Sacre

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    4,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tlark420 View Post
    Why were they working out at northpark? Shouldn't they have the keys to the gym?
    Sounds like that's where Ammo and his dad work out, and they were working together.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    414

    Default Neither kelly or elias were very

    Successsful at their 3 pointers..nunez hit greater than 50% but no one was in his face either.....

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    758

    Default 40 times

    Did we get any 40 times?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    And who's winning the long hair contest

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richland, Washington
    Posts
    6,482

    Default

    Mark Few put his foot down with Kelley. Told him to play inside like the big man he was.

    Angel will get the same treatment.
    I miss Mike Hart

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Utsalady Bay
    Posts
    5,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tlark420 View Post
    Why were they working out at northpark? Shouldn't they have the keys to the gym?
    So, hypothetically, if during these workouts Kelly asked Adam and John Morrison for their recommendations/advice about leaving early for the NBA, what would their responses be?
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

    Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,665

    Default

    On the money Ang.........

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,701

    Default

    Go to your Sr. Night with the guys you came in with, your soul brothers Sam & Dave:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN4DHY_9gOs
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  19. #19

    Default

    The Elder Morrison rents a basket from Northpark and then turns around and charges money for anyone who wants to go through his regimen of shooting drills. He is often down there with High School kids, Junior High and Grade Schoolers.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    Mark Few put his foot down with Kelley. Told him to play inside like the big man he was.

    Angel will get the same treatment.
    Get the feeling you've never seen him play before. He's a wing player. Closest he's getting to the post is as a stretch 4 playing from the perimeter.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SageOfZagville View Post
    The Elder Morrison rents a basket from Northpark and then turns around and charges money for anyone who wants to go through his regimen of shooting drills. He is often down there with High School kids, Junior High and Grade Schoolers.
    I am not sure if this is a jab at him or just stating what he does.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    9,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SageOfZagville View Post
    The Elder Morrison rents a basket from Northpark and then turns around and charges money for anyone who wants to go through his regimen of shooting drills. He is often down there with High School kids, Junior High and Grade Schoolers.
    How much does he charge? I might plan a vacation to Spokane. Until then, I've got a BIL that coaches middle school hoops.

    Poor sucker...he married one of my wife's six sisters, before two of them moved to Dallas. Now, his house is used for the family get-togethers.

    Couldn't ask for better in-laws, though I've put my foot down on spending every vacation with my wife's family.

    Sorry, too much info for a Friday morning...carry on!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    Mark Few put his foot down with Kelley. Told him to play inside like the big man he was.

    Angel will get the same treatment.
    Why? Angel's not a big man, he's an sf, always has been. Kelly is 7 feet tall. Angel is 6'7, 6'8.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    I would think Angel is most likely only playing the four if we don't bring in another big guy and KO leaves as expected. Otherwise, I think that he will be playing primarily the wing along with Barham and Coleman.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richland, Washington
    Posts
    6,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Get the feeling you've never seen him play before. He's a wing player. Closest he's getting to the post is as a stretch 4 playing from the perimeter.
    I have watched how Mark Few used his taller players relative to position. If there is a size mismatch, Few posts them up regardless of position.

    A 6'8" guard? . You better believe that Few will use him similar to how he used Matt.
    I miss Mike Hart

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •