Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Two recruits/targets for 2014 and 2015

Default Top Two recruits/targets for 2014 and 2015

Seems like a good time to ask this question again:

Which two recruits are the staff's top targets for 2014 and 2015.

Seems to me we will need two bigs unless our new recruits for this year do extremely well. Need two guards- one point and one shooting guard for 2015.

Replacing Both Olynyk's 18 and 8 along with Harris's 15 and 7 will not be easy. But Pangos, Bell, Coleman ,Dower, Karnowski, Dranginis, Nunez, Stockton et al are a good start!

Your thoughts??

Malik Pope
    Josh Perkins
    Grayson Allen
    Isaiah Bailey
    Donovan Dorsey

Kendall Small
    "I enjoyed watching them play more than watching us play," Izzo said after watching his team eke out a 75-71 win over Gonzaga. "I thought they punched us in the mouth, picked us up and punched us in the mouth again."

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MississppiZag View Post

Malik Pope
    Josh Perkins
    Grayson Allen
    Isaiah Bailey
    Donovan Dorsey

Kendall Small
    Not asking for much, are you?

I was actually thinking about posting a thread earlier questioning how we are going to make up the 15 rebounds per game that we lose with Olynick and Harris?

Ironically, we sure could use a Spangler type of player.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by MississppiZag View Post

Malik Pope
    Josh Perkins
    Grayson Allen
    Donovan Dorsey
    Goodluck [long name here]

Kendall Small
    A Big 1
    A Big 2
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

It's going to be a great 2014.

I totally trust you when it comes to this stuff Bronco but what makes you so sure? Getting good vibes from the recruits?

yes.

Pope is getting inundated with BCS offers. He likes us a lot though. Solid. I hope we get him.

This program needs a Malik Pope! Could really open up the recruiting floodgates especially in California.

Perkins and Dorsey would be fine by me!
    Go Zags!!!

According to a recent article on scout.com, Gonzaga is still heavily interested in Pope, and the interest is mutual.

Would love to see an official visit sooner than later. This guy has always struck me as someone who isn't hell bent on attending a BCS school despite his lofty recruiting ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm720 View Post
    Perkins and Dorsey would be fine by me!
    You'd be fine with Grayson Allen, too.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Grayson Allen looks like a stud. Who can't use great athletes that can stroke it? Florida is a long ways from Spikane though. I know we need more than 3 for 2014 but my dream would be Pope, Allen and Perkins. Hands down our best recruiting class ever and easily top 5 in the country.

Allen is supposed to officially visit Gonzaga sometime in the spring. Not sure of the date.

I would also like to see Gonzaga land a long, lanky big man with defensive skills and shotblocking ability in the 2014 class. Someone like Goodluck Okonoboh.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Grayson Allen looks like a stud. Who can't use great athletes that can stroke it? Florida is a long ways from Spikane though. I know we need more than 3 for 2014 but my dream would be Pope, Allen and Perkins. Hands down our best recruiting class ever and easily top 5 in the country.
    True, but you never know. My other favorite team in the world, Boise State landed the Florida highschool qb of the year two years ago; Nick Patti.

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    You'd be fine with Grayson Allen, too.
    Of course! I just don't want to get my hopes up....distance from home is a tough thing to overcome for a lot of kids. Time will tell...
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cjm720 View Post
    Of course! I just don't want to get my hopes up....distance from home is a tough thing to overcome for a lot of kids from Oklahoma, but not Canada, Germany or Poland. Time will tell...
    Fixed it for accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Allen is supposed to officially visit Gonzaga sometime in the spring. Not sure of the date.

I would also like to see Gonzaga land a long, lanky big man with defensive skills and shotblocking ability in the 2014 class. Someone like Goodluck Okonoboh.
    Brekkott Chapman fits the bill on that one too, apparently we're one of the schools recruiting him the hardest.

Default Brekkott Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    Brekkott Chapman fits the bill on that one too, apparently we're one of the schools recruiting him the hardest.
    More info:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsut...llege.html.csp
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

I want grayson alllllllleeenn!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    Man, he sounds like a Zag.

-Wants to run and play in a sytem

-wants a national schedule

-feels its an honor to have schools wanting him to pay for his ed to play

And still a Jr. in HS and 6'8, like defense and can hit a 3.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Duke has offered 2014 SG Grayson Allen of Providence (FL) & Southern Stampede. He just confirmed. @GraysonJAllen
    "Life's too short to be unhappy so you wake up you just have to have a smile on your face and make someone else smile" - Rob Sacre

Quote Originally Posted by tlark420 View Post
    Duke has offered 2014 SG Grayson Allen of Providence (FL) & Southern Stampede. He just confirmed. @GraysonJAllen
    It was good to know him...

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoZAG615 View Post
    It was good to know him...
    I feel the same, it is nearly an impossibility to get three to come here...would settle for one really good one each year...don't get me wrong, it would be nice to have a top ten class but it is so hard to compete with the Dukes of the world...

GO ZAGS!

Default How about Hunter Mickelson?

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Perhaps Hunter Mickelson would also fit the bill, as a junior transfer from Arkansas though, rather than as a 2014 recruit:

"Darien Mickelson said his 6-foot-10 son is waiting on a meeting with Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long to complete the transfer request. 'We're going to try and go somewhere else,' Mickelson said. 'It wasn't really a good fit for us basketball-wise. We love the university and the campus and everything that went with it, but the system and individual-development wise it isn't where we need to be at.'

"Hunter Mickelson set the school record for most blocks in a season by a freshman (72) last season, but he struggled to develop a consistent offensive game in two seasons under Anderson. The sophomore averaged 5.5 points per game [B]this season in an average of 16.9 minutes per game, once again leading the Razorbacks in blocked shots (39)."/B]

'''We're looking for some place that uses the big man and can use his skill set of running the floor and being able to step outside and shoot,' Mickelson said. 'Just trying to put him in a better position to succeed.'''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dad-mic...76--ncaab.html

His rebounding (vs. SEC and OOC teams) is about like Mike Hart's: Mike averaged 3.5 rebounds in 16.9 minutes, whereas Hunter averaged 3.5 rebounds in 16.6 minutes.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy