Thread: Baylor down to Louisville

ID ZAGFAN Guest

Default Baylor down to Louisville

Baylor is down 16 to Louisville--remember Shoni Schimmel when we played Louisville?

8:10 to go.

ESPN2

ZaGranny

ID ZAGFAN Guest

Louisville won by one, with Shoni and 2 others fouled out.

ZaGranny

Not a big fan of Britney Griner. Maybe her vibe wore Zagco down. Is she actually female? That tall girl for Delaware (the one that left UConn after like 1 night in the dorm) is his new favorite player.

Not necessarily a fan of Brittney Griner either, but seeing what she had to deal with yesterday had me rooting for her. A friend who went to Salt Lake City talked to me about how much basketball has denigrated over the years into a slugfest. It's now come to the women's game as well. I watched the Louisville-Baylor game and came away disgusted. Griner was triple teamed and literally beat up at times with few calls coming from all the contact. I saw a player take a swing at her, luckily it missed, and another one throw a deliberate elbow to the ribs, along with all the grabbing and holding. The chippiness of the Louisville gals didn't win me over either. Shoni Schimmel got a technical, as did Odyssey Sims for Baylor, for lipping off, although it seemed Shoni did all the lipping. She later, after making a basket, got in Griner's face and taunted her. Louisville shot threes like they were playing the Gonzaga men, but winning with class escaped them, as did a 17 point lead, which they also lost. They did manage to escape with the one point victory. Major upset, but it had me rooting for the Texas team - and I never root for a Texas team. I'm also glad I follow the Gonzaga women. Talented and classy at the same time.

Default Baylor down to Louisville

I remember Shoni playing against Courtney here in Spokane. She was just a freshman and is from Hermiston, Oregon. Now her sister is a Sophomore on the Cardinals team.

we're going to the game tonite....suppposed we should be for Cal but I like Georgia....they are a team very similar to our team.....smaller guards who defend well, are fast, are play makers....their bigs don't man handle other players, but play well.......now if Georgia can beat Stanford, and Lousiville can beat Baylor, then I say the Gonzaga women are not that far behind....

our biggest need?....2 players who can hit 3's about 40% of the time...