Thread: 58.3% from 3

Default 58.3% from 3

58.3% from 3.

Season over.

stunning...vs 35% for Zags overall and NINE missed FTs

Many of them were ridiculously well defended too. The open looks were infuriating... but most were contested.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    58.3% from 3.

Season over.
    WSU Onions! I have tears in my eyes.

our worst shooting % game of the season, it was more that than their unbelievable 3 pt shooting that lost this game
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocco View Post
    our worst shooting % game of the season, it was more that than their unbelievable 3 pt shooting that lost this game
    It was the 1st half sloppiness, the mental errors, and the conservative demeanor of the the entire team for 2 straight games. We played to not lose. And that was obviously how they prepared for these games.
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Play with butts puckered up tight enough to crack a walnut!

Disagree. We may have had hands in their faces, but we let them set up and let fly. Need to work on discouraging shots from three, not just putting hands in the face of three point shooters.

pangos only shoots well at home. gary a total no show. what a bust gary has been.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by bostonzagfan View Post
    pangos only shoots well at home. gary a total no show. what a bust gary has been.
    The first part was true last year. Not so much this year. Nice try though.

And the second part -- are you serious?!?
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

I'm no apologist, but you're going to have to explain this one to me. How exactly is GBJ a bust?

I woudnt say GBJ is a bust at all. He was phenomeal last year, good this year. I will say I was surprised at how he seemed to have regressed this year. Not shooting as well, or scoring as much as last year. Getting beat off the dribble more than usual, and seemed passive at times. Heres to a breakout season next year, he's a difference maker. But yes, the three ball was it again. 14 threes...

pangos still tends to shoot better at home, but i think he's just streaky in general though a little more consistent this year and hopefully moreso next year...

as far as gbj goes, he hasn't been a bust but i'm a little surprised that he has essentially become a spot up 3-point shooter (and a good defender)...he had a great all-around offensive game in high school.

Without knowing the extent of the injuries Gary Bell has played through this year, I don't think it's fair to make any kind of judgment of his performance. For those who seem content to judge athletic performance by the box score, just because you are out there does not mean that you are 100% and that your performance will approach anywhere near the norm. Also, the box score does not tell you much about the guy's assignments and how well he is executing in his role. Judging from the results this year, I'd have to believe that Coach Few was more than satisfied with Gary's performance and his role on the team. Maybe next year he'll have more defensive help and coach can turn Gary loose on offense. With the 4 and the 5 accounting for nearly half our offensive production, and our offensive efficiency as high as it was, I just don't see how people can cast a critical eye toward Gary's performance. And defense takes a lot of energy. Rarely will you have an athlete who can excel at both ends of the floor.

Human beings are not plug-and-play components.

Just to set things straight and for the record, the percentages were 50% 3 pt FG for the game. 1st half 46.7% (7 of 15), 2nd half 53.8% (7 of 13). No need for sensationalist statistics it was bad enough without exaggerating.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Huh?

Maybe a replay of the season is in order for you to come to grips with reality.

Pangos has 19 pts - 5 Assist vs Wichita and 16 / 5 vs Southern...SLC isn't the Kennel.

The Season -

## Player GP-GS Min--Avg FG-FGA Pct 3FG-FGA Pct 3FG/G FT-FTA Pct Off Def Tot Avg PF FO A APG TO TOPG A/TO Blk BPG Stl SPG Pts Avg04 PANGOS, Kevin...... 34-34 1089 32.0 129-300 .430 74-175 .423 2.18 64-78 .821 14 79 93 2.7 65 0 111 3.26 47 1.38 2.36 0 0.00 49 1.44 396 11.6
    05 BELL JR., Gary..... 33-32 951 28.8 108-255 .424 56-142 .394 1.70 34-47 .723 10 63 73 2.2 58 0 73 2.21 42 1.27 1.74 0 0.00 27 0.82 306 9.3
    Last edited by 77Zag; 03-25-2013 at 10:20 AM.
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

The whole people talking about GBJ being a bust is crazy. If GBJ doesn't get hurt, I am 100% confident we win that game as we don't end up with DS having to defend all those keys hots down the stretch, and we get an extra shooter/driver in there. I can't believe how much we're ignoring the impact of not having him in there.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

There has been a lot of venom toward GBJ which I dont really get at all. He and Hart probably made this years team the best at defending the three in Mark Few's tenure. It was obvious that we needed him in the second half and that the injury really hurt us.

He's scoring as much as Stepp did his sophmore season, and at better percentages with top notch defense. How spoiled are we to call him a "bust" or a "zero who should transfer" as I saw in another thread? Absolutely insane.