All Times EDST

12:15 PM (5) Virginia Commonwealth vs (4) Michigan....CBS

2:45 PM (6) Memphis vs (3) Michigan State.....CBS

5:15 PM (8) Colorado State vs (1) Louisville....CBS

6:10 PM (14) Harvard vs (6) Arizona....TNT

7:10 PM (12) Oregon vs (4) Saint Louis.... TBS

7:45 PM (6) Butler vs (3) Marquette.... CBS

9:40 PM (12) California vs (4) Syracuse....TBS

The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

The only "upsets" that I see are VCU and Butler winning and I don't think those are really "upsets" just lower seeds winning.

Cn Memphis beat Mich State?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I know its probably way too much to hope for but I would love to see Colorado State beat Louisville. One of my least favorite teams left.

Everyone knows that Harvard with beat Arizona...

Great game to start out withVCU Michigan. Looks like this will be a fun one to watch.

Dissapointed in VCU's inability to hit the broad side of a barn. Michigan isn't even a good defensive team and their height is hardly overwhelming inside either.

Had I known VCU was this horrifically bad at shooting I would have never picked them to win the first round.

Lets hope they find their touch second half. They need to get hot or really push the tempo much harder than they did in the first half. Michigan dealt with the defense well and took the air out of VCU.

Quote Originally Posted by NEC26 View Post
    Had I known VCU was this horrifically bad at shooting I would have never picked them to win the first round.
    VCU is the kind of ragged, slapping, pass jumping type of team that comes into tourney ans stirs #### up for a game. Then plays a decent team with a decent guard or two who just handles the 'scrappy' play and makes passes for easy buckets over and over.

Default Good Morning

2 WCC guys officiating this game.
    But we don't play nobody.

Michigan looks fantastic thus far.

well I never imagined that VCU would be blown out by Michigan. If anything, I thought it would be a close game.

Michigan looked great today. I picked Kansas over Georgetown to get to the FF. I'm now thinking Michigan will likely beat Kansas if they can even get past UNC. Florida might actually be the best team in the South region.

Just wondering, how do some of you basketball gurus think GU would have done against VCU's pressure this year? The Zags guards aren't as good as Michigans.

In an alternative world, I would love to see VCU's FF team play the Hank Gathers/ Bo Kimball LMU team.

I wish Delly and SMC were playing MSU right now. Oh well. I like Izzo, but Memphis is a fellow MM. I'm not sure what team to pull for.

okay - I'm ready for some more B1G Ten teams to lose...they are 6-1 in the "2nd round" and it is starting to shake my confidence in believing the conference is good, but overrated.....like the Big East is every year!!!! Michigan dominated VCU to move on to the Sweet 16 and the B1g Ten has 5 other teams still in it....
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Quote Originally Posted by MJ777 View Post
    Michigan looked great today. I picked Kansas over Georgetown to get to the FF. I'm now thinking Michigan will likely beat Kansas if they can even get past UNC. Florida might actually be the best team in the South region.

Just wondering, how do some of you basketball gurus think GU would have done against VCU's pressure this year? The Zags guards aren't as good as Michigans.

In an alternative world, I would love to see VCU's FF team play the Hank Gathers/ Bo Kimball LMU team.
    What Gonzaga has that would help ..is that ALL can handle the ball and bring it up court, (Harris, Olynyk, Bell, Pangos, and Hart/Stockton) with hart maybe the weakest of the bunch. I truly believe that we dominate VCU because their press would NOT work and they really don't have any other offense .... I believe Harris and Olynyk would score at will against the VCU pressure
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Big 10/11 is definitely as good as advertised. I wonder how many people have a MSU/OSU/Mich/IU FF on their brackets? Somehow I don't have any Big 10/11 teams in my FF.

I think there is a decent chance that the BE could be gone from the tourney after today. CSU can be a match up nightmare if they are hitting some 3balls.

I don't see any upsets today...maybe Oregon...

I wouldn't count out Cal with a virtual home game for them.

Heading to Arena. Gonna have a nice meal before AZ game . Seeing lots of Zags. Everyone feeiling the excitement of a good matchup. .
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Would never see a fight in a Zag huddle.

What was that about?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

All of our Big 12 wins are meaningless now. Even Kansas floundered. We have got to come out with an intensity and hustle against Wichita St like we are playing for our very survival on every single possession.
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Memphis goes down hard - bummer

Two games played and both not even close. Michigan by 25 and MSU by 22
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Quote Originally Posted by NEC26 View Post
    I wouldn't count out Cal with a virtual home game for them.
    I know...but when I look at Cuse...I just can't imagine them losing...I do not understand that team...but damn they look good..