Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: The Bunnies!

Ya know, Errol was one of the best at "discretely" manhandling that jersey...
    ZAGS RULE!!!

I'm thinking that on the morning of November 7, we can ask a Mod to lock this thread, and El Voce can intruduce an all-new Bunny thread, to be reprieved only on game days, and this old boy will be retired.
    Methinks this thread has a place reserved in the Hall Of Fame Forum.
    So many brackets, so little time.

I second that idea AKZag!!!
    " 'Damn! I made a lot of stupid – and you can quote me on this – stupid-ass plays. Man, that's gross. But at least we got the win.' " -Jeremy Pargo

Thanks, AK. I have to admit it would be nice to see the photos sort of kept together. I learned a lot of Zags' history beating the brush for images of the players on the net.

Now, back to the darkroom!

Default Current Zags in the NBA

With the Charlotte Bobcats, now rehabbing, Adam Morrison:

The Clippers' Dan Dickau:
    And the Laker even Laker-haters pull for, Ronny Turiaf:

Default Strategies to Surviving until Tipoff

Rubs strategy of surviving til tip off includes watching the Memphis game tonight!
    Last edited by Rubbadub; 11-05-2007 at 03:12 PM.
    Go Zags!!! Just Foo'in around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbadub View Post
    Rubs strategy of surviving til tip off included watching the Memphis game tonight!
    Sure, "rubb" it in oh you with ESPNU!

Default ESPN and Comcast are the evil ones

and the Bunnies are caught in the middle ... sad.

Default Zags are known to travel well

To the NCAA West Regional in Phoenix in March 1999, here rooting for the Zags v. UConn:

To see the Zags play UMass at the Battle in Seattle:

From where? To where? Don't know, but it was a long way off!

TWO MORE DAYS TO BASKETBALL! BUMPING THE BUNNIES!

Default Rounding up some international Zags to help bump the Bunnies!

My favorite international player, JP Batista, playing for BC Lietuvos Rytas, in Vilnius, Lythuania:

Derek Raivio, playing for the KÖLN 99ERS (Cologne, Germany:

Sean Mallon, playing for the Düsseldorf Magics:

And John Rillie, currently playing with the Townsville Crocodiles in Austrialia. Check out John's web page and his agitating to bring back the mowhawk here.

GO WISE OLD ZAGS! GO CRAFTY OLD BUNNIES!

ZagNative,

You have made this a Hall of Fame thread!!!

Thanks for your efforts to keep this on the front page.

Many of these photos have made my eyes well a bit. <sigh>

Girl, you rock!!!

love,
    mendiant

Wow, thanks, Mendiant! I can't begin to say how much I learned about the history of the program and the people who made it so great, as I looked for context behind the images I was seeing. It's just been great fun.

Default Finally, just one more day!

ONE MORE DAY!

And to begin this last day, we look again at one of the greats of Zag history, because ... well, because we have some great photos we want to post.

I love seeing photos of these guys on the court:

Will there be one leg of a great tandem like Stockton and Malone coming out of the current Zags' roster? I hope so! And will that person return to his Alma Mater and give back to the program the way Stockton has to Gonzaga and Malone to Louisiana Tech? I hope so!

HALL OF FAME BUMP!

Bump!

Last year in the rearview:
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

El Voce Guest

Mods -- Later tonight, I will rer-post the Bunny link all by itself, so that it can be bumped up 50 or so times tomorrow before the game. It is the sincere hope of Zag Native and myself that this current thread be moved to the Hall of Fame at that time. It would be an absolute shame to lose all the hard work that ZN and others did in making this thread a huge success during the run up to the season. Thank you!

Small correction: While I would be pleased to see the photos which were collected here preserved in some way as a group and a reflection of some part of Gonzaga history, it was El Voce, not ZagNative, who suggested in a PM that it finally end up in the Hall of Fame.

On the other hand, it is indeed only right and proper that every post to which Zagnative contributes ultimately wind up in the Hall of Fame.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    ...it is indeed only right and proper that every post to which Zagnative contributes ultimately wind up in the Hall of Fame.
    Of course it is. There could be no doubt.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Thank you ZagNative for all your hard work in compiling and posting all the photo's in this thread and for adding all the relevant captions and background information.

I've really enjoyed them. I also endorse this thread as HOF material.

Default A Band of Zags

Outside the locker room before the second half, NCAA Second Round v. Indiana, 2005. The Zags won 90 to 80:

Gathered around Coach Few for some direction, v. Pepperdine January 22, 2005:

January 6, 2005, closing minutes v. Santa Clara:

GU vs. Emporia State 2004 Bump!!

Better against the Bulldogs?

There’s only one player on the Emporia State roster that was on the team during its exhibition trip to Gonzaga in 2004.

His memories of the game aren’t that great, either.

“We played pretty bad when we went up there, actually,” ESU senior guard Wes Book said. “... We weren’t very competitive when we played up there, and this year, we definitely want to be competitive.”

Book will get a second chance against the elite Division-I team on Wednesday, as ESU travels to face No. 14 Gonzaga on Wednesday in Spokane, Wash.

Looking back, the Hornets — who lost 114-86 in the 2004 preseason game — understandably had their hands full. At the time, future NBA players Adam Morrison and Ronny Turiaf both played for Gonzaga.

ESU, after falling behind 67-36 at halftime, actually outscored the Bulldogs 50-47 in the second half.

Book believes this year’s Gonzaga team — which interestingly is tied for No. 14 in the polls with ESU’s first opponent, Texas A&M — should be just as talented.

“You never want to go in thinking you’re going to lose,” Book said, “but definitely the goal is — against a team of that caliber — to compete and not get embarrassed.”

ESU showed that it could hang with the big boys in its first exhibition game last Thursday against A&M.

The Hornets led for five minutes in the first half and trailed by just two with seven minutes remaining before falling to the Aggies, 85-73, in College Station.

“I thought we did pretty well last game,” ESU freshman Matt Boswell said. “Hopefully we can continue that this game.”

Boswell was one of the highlights for the Hornets in their exhibition opener.

The 6-foot-6 guard from Wichita scored nine first-half points, finishing 3-of-8 from the field with a pair of 3-pointers.

“That’s kind of my game — knocking down shots,” Boswell said.

Boswell, who logged 17 minutes off the bench, also helped the undersized Hornets defend A&M’s taller post players.

ESU should face some of the same challenges against Gonzaga, which returns 6-11 center Josh Heytvelt.

The junior averaged 15.5 points and 7.7 rebounds a year ago.

ESU also will have to deal with one of the toughest environments in the nation.

In 2004, the Hornets were actually the first opponent to face the Bulldogs in their new arena, the 6,000-seat McCarthey Center.

“I just remember the student section was pretty nuts,” Book said. “They sit on the side, and they kind of overwhelm you on the court.”

Boswell said the Hornets wouldn’t back down from the challenge.

“We’ve got a lot of guys with experience — a lot of older guys that aren’t looking just to show up and play,” Boswell said. “We’re looking to compete and hopefully pull one out in the end. I think we can play with these guys.”
    Go Zags!!! Just Foo'in around.

Welcome Home, Bunnies!
    So many brackets, so little time.

almost time to start a '07-'08 Bunnies thread...
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011