Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's official ! !

Default It's official ! !

Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Awesome eh!?
    CANADA LOVES THE ZAGS!!!

Awesome? Yes!!!
    Unbelievable? Yeah!!!

I'd like to be the first to lead ZagNation in that cheer that is now heard around the world.

WE'RE #1
    WE'RE #1
    WE'RE #1

Say it pride. Say it with love and appreciation in your hearts. Feel the joy in your soul. Let the tears flow down your cheeks...tears of joy and love.

We have waited and fought for this for years. The Zags finally made it to the top of the hill, standing alone, yes, but standing with Zag Nation beneath their feet.

Go Zags!!! The Best is yet to come!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Default +1

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Awesome? Yes!!!
    Unbelievable? Yeah!!!

I'd like to be the first to lead ZagNation in that cheer that is now heard around the world.

WE'RE #1
    WE'RE #1
    WE'RE #1

Say it pride. Say it with love and appreciation in your hearts. Feel the joy in your soul. Let the tears flow down your cheeks...tears of joy and love.

We have waited and fought for this for years. The Zags finally made it to the top of the hill, standing alone, yes, but standing with Zag Nation beneath their feet.

Go Zags!!! The Best is yet to come!!!
    well said. epic moment.
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Quote Originally Posted by gamagin View Post
    well said. epic moment.

Here's too ya, Gamagin. So happy to share this moment of unbelievable joy with you. We've stood together for a long time hoping and believing that we would see this moment come true.

Outstanding!!!

Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
    Awesome eh!?

Cheers brother. Happy to share this moment with you!!

Go Zags!!!

Default All good

When the opportunity to go to #1 fell in our lap starting about two weeks ago, I was ambivalent. Would backing into #1 because other teams lost while we held serve in conference make us over-confident, complacent, less hungry? Then MF came out and said that it would be a "neat" thing (or something close to that) and was looking forward to checking the box on another achievement. So, trusting MF that it is a good thing for the program and the team, I'm good with it. Besides it is fitting that this team, which most of us consider to be protypical Zags (blue-collar, team-oriented, underappreciated, good at both ends of the court), be the one to represent the program's first #1.

The other reason that I'm good with it is that the choice will be criticized by many from the B10, ACC, and other precincts east of the Mississippi. I think that will make the team only want to play harder to prove the critics wrong, which, after all, is quintessential Zaggy-ness.

I have been saying it for a few years on the license plate.

Finally!

to those who have paved the way, laying the bricks of foundation to success...>THANK YOU

to those who had the vision, fortitude to move forward with the vision and courage to remain convinced of their vision.....THANK YOU

to the coaching staff, both departed as well as current.....your efforts, dedication and devotion to ZAG NATION has brought about an incredible feat.......THANK YOU

to the players both past, current and FUTURE, your devotion, dedication, hard work, perseverance and team belief has brought about an incredible feat to our ZAG NATION.....THANK YOU

to a wonderful community, both internally and externally ZAG NATION has been rewarded.......

BUT.............

as with all good things, enjoy it, savor it, taste it, spread it and then refocus on your next goal, vision, desire, dream and make ZAG NATION even stronger......no matter where that takes us

Ed Casey
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by zagcheer78 View Post
    I have been saying it for a few years on the license plate.

Finally!
    Where do we get the new (Its Official!!) t-shirts?

Quote Originally Posted by Zag365 View Post
    When the opportunity to go to #1 fell in our lap starting about two weeks ago, I was ambivalent. Would backing into #1 because other teams lost while we held serve in conference make us over-confident, complacent, less hungry? Then MF came out and said that it would be a "neat" thing (or something close to that) and was looking forward to checking the box on another achievement. So, trusting MF that it is a good thing for the program and the team, I'm good with it. Besides it is fitting that this team, which most of us consider to be protypical Zags (blue-collar, team-oriented, underappreciated, good at both ends of the court), be the one to represent the program's first #1.

The other reason that I'm good with it is that the choice will be criticized by many from the B10, ACC, and other precincts east of the Mississippi. I think that will make the team only want to play harder to prove the critics wrong, which, after all, is quintessential Zaggy-ness.
    Enjoy this moment. Let go and let your heart feel the joy of this happening. Join in and cheer with us. WE'RE NUMBER ONE WE'RE NUMBER ONE WE'RE NUMBER ONE

WOW special day for Zag basketball. Congrats to coaches and players .... and thank you!
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Congrats, Zag fans!!!

I was a little worried the elitist voters would snub Gonzaga. Very happy today.

I just hope UNLV ands in a different region so I don't have to pick a team.

Default Big hooooraaayyy for the zags

20 years from a Basketball program very few outside of Spokane knew about to a National Powerhouse.

Kentucky was picked to be No 1, 2 or 3 at the beginning of the season and didn't wind up in the Top 25. None of the sportswriters apologize for picking Kentucky. But, if Gonzaga was picked there and fell out of contention, every sportswriter would be saying: "well, I should have known that a mid-major like Gonzaga couldn't hold up for the season.

No more apologizing for Gonzaga --- we are Number 1!!!!

Congratulations Gonzaga!!!

Default #1

I never thought I'd see this day...a proud moment for all of us in the Gonzaga community!!!!!!! Shout out to all my friends from '01 class...miss going to the games and partying with you guys. Perhaps a trip to Atlanta for the FF is in order!

Quote Originally Posted by Bocco View Post
    WOW special day for Zag basketball. Congrats to coaches and players .... and thank you!
    CONGRATS TO MARK FEW AND HIS STAFF AND THE PLAYERS

WAY TO GO!!!

Go Zags!!! The best is yet to come!!!

What a fitting recognition of this team. They pushed the already high bar a good bit higher.

Congratulations to the team and coaches. Terrific achievement!
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

I just received the "whoohoo!" email from my inlaws who are missionaries in Rwanda.

"AP POLL: Gonzaga Ranked #1 In The Nation!

THIS JUST IN: In the brand new AP poll just out, GONZAGA is ranked #1 in the country. A first for Gonzaga. A monumental achievement for the Bulldogs! NICELY DONE!'

http://link.swxrightnow.com/view/4fe...6m.a4/8b8e2720

Talking Wow!

What else is there to say...just wow!

Outstanding Program
    Tremendous Coach
    Excellent Student Athletes & Role Models
    Best Student Section
    Doing it the Right Way

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!
    IF YOU WANT A THING DONE WELL, DO IT YOURSELF. -NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

Way back when I was an underclassmen at GU, our Men's team finished the season 8 wins, 20 losses. Few was an underpaid grad assistant coach and Fitzy was rebuilding. The next couple of seasons, GU started to make some noise in the conference, but I struggled to find info about away games. Sometimes going into the Ad building and finding a room with a TV and watching the score ticker late at night to get a glimpse of a score.

Home games, I would saunter into from my on campus apartment to watch a game 5 minutes (or less) before tip off and sit anywhere I wanted.

My how times have changed.

Congrats!

They already knew...
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!