• Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Gonzaga vs Portland...predictions/and thoughts

Gonzaga 76
    Portland 54

The Zags will be undefeated champions in conference play. Do you all know how hard that is to do? And especially now that BYU is in the conference. The other undefeated Zag teams did NOT have to play BYU on their home court. A special team this one is.

Its also Senior Night, which will make this one special. And it could be the game that puts the Zags into into the top slot in the polls. #1. Now that is one beautiful number. Tomorrow nights victory will be the 12th win in a row. 12 is the the number of perfection, which the Zags were in conference play. And to make this game extra special I will be there with my son and grandson. Now thats special too. Of all the Senior Night's that I would love to be at, this is the one. Thanks to those who made this possible.

I plan on taking it all in. I just want to sit back and watch, in person, the greatest Zag team ever. I just want to be there and take it all in. The coaches, the players, John Stockton (our seats are probably about 15 feet from his and his family). I want to sit there and remember what being a Zag is all about. I expect to see one more beautiful game. I really don't care what I will see. I know whatever it is I will take it all in, and absorb every special moment. And there will be many. I can hardly wait to get home and report on it all. And maybe I'll see a few of you there. Got to go. I'm feel quite sentimental right now. Im just so happy I get to be there,

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • TacomaZAG
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2007

Everything Reborn said.........

plus the Kennel Club going absolutely crazy for the Seniors and the possible top spot in the polls.

Will be fun to watch.........

Go ZAGS

Comment

• Kiddwell
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

29th Win, Bulldogs!

Spike says "Arf!", a poem
      <ahem>
      I had a dream on Friday night,
      A dream so fine and sunny,
      T'was of a team of grit and fight,
      Who makes their treys and bunnies.
      O, gosh, this team's been fun to view,
      Think "wallets stuffed with money."
      (Unlike that thug from BYU),
      The Zags' game's smooth like honey.
      I think these guys are Number 1!
      Poor Portland (love their coach, though).
      The Zags start fast, then score a ton,
      One sweet fun-tastic Dog Show! ("Arf-arf!")

<--- Zags "Dog Show"
      -------
      Zags - 88
      Pilots - 61

:]
      Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• CDC84
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

It's a 2pm start time. The team is likely going to be mentally and physically tired on Saturday after that game last night and the travel that followed. Thank goodness Portland is coming to town. I don't know how good the Zags will play, but it would be stunning if they lost.

Comment

• TacomaZAG
          Zag for Life
          • Mar 2007

They'll be ready.........

Too much blood in the water to come out flat........

Zags by 25.

Go ZAGS

Comment

• bigblahla
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Zags 87 Pilots 61

Go!! Zags!!!
            "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
              • Feb 2007

Ship Steerers 157
              Canines 40

8 more of these I hope.
              "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• 75Zag
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2007

Bulldogs Big Win

I could see the Bulldogs winning by 50 points against Portland but I am not sure that Few will let his team play that hard and fast even when a poll rating is on the line.

Too bad for Portland's coach. The Portland AD is making noises like he wants to fire the men's BB coach due to poor team winning performance. I don't think their win-loss record can be blamed on poor coaching. Portland has had some good talent over the past 6 - 8 years, but right now they are lacking quality D1 players.

Go Bulldogs!
                Do not go gentle into that good night,
                Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
                Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

• rennis
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2007

Blowout. Zags release their frustration of a poor shooting night against BYU on the hapless Pilots. Elias and Hart play their butts off on Senior Night.

KO plays like it is his Senior night too... .. ....

We enjoy saying goodbye to some special kids and they roll:

Zags 88
                  Pilots 62
                  Originally posted by Coach Few
                  We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Comment

• stevet75
                    Professional Zag Fan
                    • Feb 2007

GU 82 - 64

I think GU could win by 30, but they might let up a little, after the trip to Provo. Not to mention they might be a bit beat up.
                    “People have an uncanny ability to make me think I am smarter than I really am. Human Beings bring me back to reality.” S.T.

Comment

• Reborn
                      Zag for Life
                      • Oct 2007

It's game day!!! Senior Night! And the last conference game! It should be a great game. I have this wonderful peace in me as I prepare to go and watch the Zags play this afternoon. One of my greatest loves durning my adult life has been white water river rafting. There is a peace that comes to you after riding through some pretty tough rapids. There is usually a calm before the storm and one after it where you just sit back, take a deep breath and thank God for making it through them alive. Ha ha ha! This has been one tough ride through conference play. My greatest anxietys of course came the weekend we played @ St Mary's and at USF and Thursday night @ BYU. Those were some pretty big rapids. And we survived.

There will be rapids today, but Honestly I don't classify these as too difficult to get through. Probably a two and maybe a three class set of rapids. It's the last conference game and the last game in Kennel II this season. It will be a time to just remember this season, and to show our appreciation to the team we love and thank them for all they have accomplished SO FAR this season. It's been a great ride, so far.

And yet, as we all know, the greatest ride, and the best rapids are ahead of us in the weeks to come. This team is well practiced, well tested, and ready to take us for the greatest ride of our lives......so far.

Go Zags!!!
                      The Best Is Yet To Come
                      Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• bartruff1
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jan 2010

Zags ...87....58

Comment

• exclusivelee
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2013

Zags by 25

80-55

Comment

• RenoZag
                            Super Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

Zags by 24, 74 - 50, 1st string minutes are limited (BYU game aftermath, the bumps & bruises need time to recover. . )

Come out healthy and celebrate an undefeated WCC regular season
                            The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                              • Mar 2008

The most tumultuous ride today on the river of zag basketball will be making a decision on which scotch and cigar to have in celebration of a great win, great season and three great senior zags last game in Spokane

Zags. 81
                              Pilots 63
                              The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

Working...
                              X