12 8.82%
  • GBJ

28 20.59%
  • Coach Few

26 19.12%
  • Someone else (who?)

14 10.29%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: - - -GUnit of the Game- - - (BYU)

Default after much consideration

I've gotta go with Kelly. After being hammered most of that game like he was, he kept is cool, didn't get silly fouls or get ejected for getting in a fight. it almost seemed like that was BYU's plan, to just make us do stupid stuff and take us out of our game. Also have got to give Pangos an honorable mention for not giving up on his defense or doing other bad things because he was having an off shooting night. The refs on the other hand, should be reprimanded for letting the game be that rough.

For me Kelly missed the presence at rebounding, for me it was an weaker game for him.

For me it is betwen GBJ and Harris.

I voted for Kelly, he hit a few huge shots down the stretch. I'm also not sure how he kept his composure after the guy tried to take him out of the game. His defence has been getting better and better too. He played under control, moved his feet, was in great position most of the time and is blocking shots at key moments. This has been a really nice part of his evolution for me.

KO played as well as he ever does when no one could get him the ball but Stocks was inspiring.

Default Harris= G-Unit

Quote Originally Posted by fedwayzag View Post
    went with KO. Harris had another solid game 11 pts, 9 boards and 4 assists.
    Had to go with Harris. He muscled his way to 1 reb. short of a DD and when it came to clutch time he hit 1 of 2 to put the Cougs out of reach for good. Really this one should be a Team G-Unit, special props to our other senior Mike Hart (all his intangibles!)...

Plus Harris did it all with a busted nose!!!
    Last edited by 2wiceright; 02-28-2013 at 11:14 PM. Reason: sp...add

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    I could have gone with Bell, Stockton, and Hart, but KO got the nod by a slim margin.
    All good choices.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Went with GBJ because of the first half threes. Thought they set the tone. Mostly it was a team effort. Would have won easily if KP and DB were hitting their threes.

That little turnaround jumper right in the middle of the paint from about 6-7 feet by KO, with like 30-40 seconds left was absolutely huge.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Toss up for me between Mr. Harris and GBJ.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
    Those who understand binary and those who do not.
    "Only a madman or an economist thinks exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world."

Func FOO

E .· ` ' / ·. F
    The FOO fuels me.

I'm going with Harris.

Joe Harris, that is. The Zags don't end up landing this guy, but in the end he helps them get to the top of the polls. (hopefully).

Default Once again.......

I'm going with Carlino. The guy is absolute garbage, and makes every BYU player worse when he is on the court.

He's a chucker, forces it up all the time, tries to create off the dribble when he doesn't have the ability, etc.

Whenever he is on the court, I feel very sure the Zags are going to win.

Go ZAGS

Quote Originally Posted by Chone Figgins View Post
    I'm going with Harris.

Joe Harris, that is. The Zags don't end up landing this guy, but in the end he helps them get to the top of the polls. (hopefully).
    Lol.

Post of the night

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

I wish I could recast my vote for BYU's psycho gene.

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    Mike Hart.
    Yes, he was the one player who matched the intensity of the opponent. He also made some critical passes late in the game.

Stockton or Hart - take your pick. GBJr a close third.

Most Points: KO, GBJ, E
    Best FG Rates:KO, GBJ, E, Dower
    Rebounds: Hart, E
    Assists: Stockton, E

Can only be E for me...

A few weeks back Titus of Grantland fame brought up a concern of who was the leader of this team.
    I've watched every loss and close win Gonzaga has played this year, and the common theme in all these games is that they don't have that guy who, when things start heading south, can grab his teammates by their jerseys and tell them to pull their heads out of their asses. Kevin Pangos seems like he should be this guy — he's the point guard and he's the one who gathers the team into a huddle before free throws.9 But that doesn't seem to be his personality, and often when the Foreigners are taking bad shots or not playing particularly hard, he's a big reason why.

This leaves two other candidates: Kelly Olynyk and Elias Harris. Olynyk is the best player on the team and an All-American candidate, but he also looks like someone who sells candy in between games to raise money for his Little League baseball team. If he started yelling at his teammates, I'm guessing most of them would laugh in his face and he'd promptly shut up. And Harris is basically a West Coast version of Deshaun Thomas in that he always seems to have blinders on. He robotically goes about his business to the point that he almost seems oblivious as to everything else that's happening on the court.
    Who bark at the guys when it got tough. Last night it was answered. Kelly O when all were chaos was running around him, got the troups together and let it be known the Zags was not going to lose. The guys responded. Unlike Florida, Indiana, Michigan, Duke or Kansas, GU has a player that can lead through the tough times. We saw another piece of a champion come into place.
    ----
    Why not try Love Poems. They work to prime the pump.

I voted GBJ for his solid shooting. Harris an honorable mention for his toughness.

Default Voted Other

For TEAM!! On a poor shooting night, it would be easy to give it to KO for his 19pts., to GBJ for the D and 3's, EH and his almost DD, Stocks, Hart, even Barham and Drangs. Everyone made a significant contribution, and without the olay of 4 or 5, we would have lost. Seems like if you took any 1 of KO, EH, GBJ, Stocks, Hart out of the game, we lose. Gotta go team!

The award could go to any number of players BUT the "Glue Guy" got us TEN ADDITIONAL POSSESSIONS and again played GREAT defense.

You might think I'm off my rocker but IMO Mike Hart was again the difference!

Default o.k.

I really thought it was KO, though David played as well as I have seen him and Elias stepped up in the late second half.

However, my snarky vote was for the referee who didn't stop the fight and let the boxers punch themselves out.