Thread: Big "IF"...

Default Big "IF"...

Lets say we happen to win it all, that'd be about 37-2. This Gonzaga squad would be one of the best to ever play the game. It could happen, even if thats obviously a big "if". I personally think we can, but what a great season its been regardless of what happens. Time to sit back and really enjoy the rest of this ride, it's been a special year for all of us! Go Zags!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zag79 View Post
    Lets say we happen to win it all, that'd be about 37-2. This Gonzaga squad would be one of the best to ever play the game. It could happen, even if thats obviously a big "if". I personally think we can, but what a great season its been regardless of what happens. Time to sit back and really enjoy the rest of this ride, it's been a special year for all of us! Go Zags!!
    Even IF this team goes 37-2 I don't think you can call them one of the best to ever play the game. They'd be flirting with perhaps being one of the best 25 of all time, and right now I don't feel like that's a sealed deal.

They have not established themselves as the best Gonzaga team to ever play the game, yet.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

If it's and but's?, were candy & nuts?, then we'd all have a merry Christmas!
    I truly believe we are CAPABLE of going all the way. IF we will?, is yet to be determined? I do love this team though!
    [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
    ― Scottie Pippen

This Zag team is into "proving it." They like detractors. They like being "up against all odds." They like being up against 23,000 to ONE. ONe team!

This is a huge challenge, and we all know it. We are not overconfident. Yet we are confident. As big as this challenge is, I do not believe it is bigger than the challenge that playing Ok State in Stillwater, or Butler at Butler, or even Saint Mary's in Moraga presented the Zags with. Those were experiences that will carry us through to the end tonight. I think the biggest challeng of all this year was playing in Moraga. I was totally surprised by how the Zags handled that game and that kind of challenge.

I believe that when the Zags take the floor tonight, they will not take it as the #2 team in America. I think that will be the furthest thing from their mind. They take that floor as a team that is proud to wear the name Gonzaga on their jersey, or maybe it will be the one that says ZAGS. This team will be playing for all of ZagNation tonight. And they will be determined to bring back a victory to the small Jesuit school in Spokane, Washington.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I don't think anybody but us Gonzaga fans will consider them one of the best. All you'll hear is "yeah, but they didn't play anybody" yadda yadda yadda.

Lets get real...Best of all time? Im a big fan but that is riduculous statement....If they win natl champioship and do so fairly easily they could be in discussion of one of best...but even then you are talking about a "watered down" field of teams compared to past when the top teams had future hall of famers in the dance...I dont see too many guaranteed future hall of famers playing college hoops right now...Heck Ben Mclemore of KU is rated #1 player in mock NBA draft and he was non existent for KU in last 3 games....Lets keep things in perspective