Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gonzaga vs USF...game predictions and thoughts

Default Sounds pretty reasonable to me

Quote Originally Posted by IrishZagFan View Post
    We don't play as well on Saturday after a Thursday big win. Predicting a victory but score being closer than we'd like. A win is a win though....

ZAGS - 78
    SF - 66
    I will guess...77-66...If I win the prize, I will split it with you Irish..if there is a prize...
    Last edited by bartruff1; 02-15-2013 at 07:54 PM.

Zags 85 - Dons 65
    3s by a # of Zags and spiffy plays by Harris!

WMG losing streak comes to an end.

Zags 74, Dons 65

Won't be shocked is there's a healthy contingent of Zag fans on the Hilltop Saturday afternoon. . .tickets were readily available.

The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Slush Puppies - 79
    Zorro's kid brother - 62

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Agree with all about the near inevitable let down coming tomorrow.

As for USF. I think it is going to be tough. A lot of things coalescing that concern me. One, as noted yesterday, this team does not play as well on Saturdays (or second night of road trip) as seen by failing to cover the spread. It doesn't play well at USF. It is a huge emotional let down b/c even ESPN couldn't stop talking about GU/SMC. I am also sure that the team is already looking forward to getting back to campus and celebrating with their friends.

GU - 87
    USF - 81
    I think the one thing you are not seeing about this year, DZ is that this is this year. And that this Zag team is very different than the last few. This team is now about setting things right in the WCC. Yes. The Zags have lost three straight at USF, and many of these guys were part of that (Elias, Kelly, Sam, Mike Hart, Stocks, and even Kevin and Gary last year). Just as they wanted to set the record straight last night at Moraga, they want to settle things in San Francisco as well.

The game tomorrow will be every bit as tough as the game last night I think, and the gym will be overflowing and the crowd crazy. But as you saw last night the Zags are feeding of that this year. They are a very, very good road team. Few prepared them well for the road this year. Although it will be a very good game like last night's, the outcome will be the same. A convincing win by the Zags.

Tormorrow's game aginst USF is every bit as important as last night's game. If the Zags lose it jeaprodizes the chance of winning the conference championship. But even more than that, the Zags really don't like USF either. These two games in Northern Cal are perfect games for rivalry week. And just as the best rivalry game last night was the one in Moraga, I think tomorrows will be in San Francisco. I have had this weekend targeted on my calendar for along time, and I think we all have. We knew that this weekend would be vital to the overall success of this season. Last night was a good beginning, and now they must complete and finish what they intend to do this weekend. No, DZ. I think the Zags are ready and forget about other Saturdays. It's one game at a time, and the Zags are focussed on what they need to do. Contrary to the belief of others, imo there will not be a letdown. Yes at times there are let downs after big games, but on the other hand, at time there are not let downs.

I look at this weekend in the same way I will look at the first weekend in the NCAA tournament. The Zags will play with only one day rest in the NCAA tournament as well. There will not be room for a let down, and in some ways that's what tomorrow's game is all about.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Ok everyone! It's gameday. It is nice we only have to wait one day for the game.

I love seeing the Zags play in San Francisco. I love the Dons' gym. The fans seem even crazier and more passionate then St. Mary's. What I don't like is seeing the Dons win there the last three years. I think it's time for the Zags to silence that crowd and let them feel the pain of a loss tonight.

Oh I know all those Dons fans are getting ready for the Zags tonight. They feel they will beat us one more time. Rex Walters is already awake and salivating in hope of one more victory over the Zags. I am so happy the game is at 1:30 pm. We won't have to wait so long for what is going to happen today.

I think for the Zags, that this game today is as important as the St Mary's game was Thursday. It's very important to them. They DO want to make amends for the 3 straight losses there, and most of these current players were part of those losses. The Zags also want to make amends for the horrible second half that they played when they played the Dons in McCarhy Center. The Zags played their worst half of basketball against the Dons.

So I am really hoping they don't do that again today. If they do get a big lead like they had at half in the first meeting, I really hope they do not let up in the second half and beat them by 30 points. We had a chance to knock them out in the first game at halftime. Let's do it this time, Zags. Let's knock them out. That is the way to make amends. Zags you deserve to knock them out. they beat you three straight years. they hate you. Do it to 'em guys. Knock 'em out today. Make Doolin cry. Make Rex Walters throw his clip board. Embarrass them. Stomp on 'em. You can do it.

Go Zags!!! The best is yet to come!

Will be interesting to see our teams energy early on. I think there will be a large zag fan base to excite them early on. We set the tone early in aggressive defense and tough rebounding with some early fast breaks ..getting back to the early post offense with Harris working hard

Unless usf shoots 70% from 3 point line or our entire team stays at the wharf at tip off time this years team is focused and on a mission

Zags 78

USF. 64
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

I don't expect a SF win...but if you can beat BYU at Provo, you can sure as heck beat Gonzaga at home (kinda obvious since they have done it the last 3 years )....they have some players and will not give up at home...I discount the Portland loss as a classic trap game... just win and get out of town and make sure everyone is on the plane... no injuries..

it won't be four in a row, and the refs won't suck as they have in this game the past 2 years

Wink

road,rivalry aside-If we are the #5 team in the country, we should destroy a mid pack WCC team who just lost to Portland; AND WE WILL. (no disrespect to Portland, but they are having a rough year)

Default Como miereda

a través de un ganso
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Default Zags

Win by single-digits.
    “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Repeat of LMU on the road only worse. Zags by 46 with a merciless revenge beating. Karnowski hits a 3 with a minute to go for the final point margin.

84-68 Zags.

We are too much, things go our way in SF this year...

When you're 24-2 it tastes sweet...the Dons will come to play. It won't matter and the Zags will prevail..GU 82-66

Zags win. Don't care by how much. Just win, Zaggies, just win.

Beat the Dons !!

The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Default This one is scary ....

...the LAST little 2 game road trip to California almost ended in disaster.....didn't the Zags beat LMU by 45 and then traveled down to SD and played a game they almost lost??? After that emotional win AT St. Mary's, Gonzaga better be ready to play today.
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

REMEMBER EVERYONE. IT'S SATURDAY!!!

Go Zags!!!

I'm going to predict the Dons come out to play and stick with the Zags through much of the first half and go into halftime, up 5 or so. I then fully expect Few to make adjustments like he did in Moraga and the Zags to come out hot in the 2nd half.

Final Score:

Gonzaga 81
    SF 63

Cool Dons Done

Putting a hex on Rex - 88
    Ain't Rex Tweet - 61
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

I'm very happy we won. I said we'd win by 13 so not too far off. Zags struggled after halftime for some reason. I was quite worried about this game because when we came out so flat after halftime we have lost. Kelly Olynyk really played great. He sure looked like an All-American today.

We couldn't hit anything from behid the arc. Thank God for our inside game this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Zags 71
    SF 59

It will be a 34 to 28 Zag halftime lead
    I won!!!!!!!!!!! Taco?

Not too shabby, 11.
    But we don't play nobody.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Not too shabby, 11.
    Now if i would of only put $ down.

I just realized I had Zags score right on at half.