113 91.87%
  • Harris

5 4.07%
  • Olynyk

3 2.44%
  • Someone else

2 1.63%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: - - -GUnit of the Game- - - (Baylor)

Default - - -GUnit of the Game- - - (Baylor)

How amazing is it that we can have a guy drop 30+ points and 7 three's, and it still not be a clear-cut choice on who the GUnit is?

Way to go zags!

ESPN BOX SCORE
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

I voted for Pangos with his season high 31 points.

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    How amazing is it that we can have a guy drop 30+ points and 7 three's, and it still not be a clear-cut choice on who the GUnit is?

Way to go zags!
    Don't think thats the case here!

KP, but you're right Woohoo.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Unhappy

Went with KP even with all the bricks he threw up, gotta go with someone I guess.
    "Neck-ties are just maxi pads for your throat." - Ted Williams

Good all around, but gotta hand it to Kevin for staring down the doubters !
    "Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck..."

KP super tonite all aspects of the game.
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

I think Pangos will win this easily, but you have to admit, you had to stop for a split second and consider both KO and Harris. Harris was consistent all game. Kelly was insanely dominant in stretches.

But wow. Great game by the zags to hold off a team that was feelin it tonight!
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

I think the guy with 31 points, and 70% from 3 pt.

He just upped his 3pt% to 41% on the year
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

I voted Pangos because he has a beautiful smile.

He's also pretty good at basketball.

Went with KP. Missed two early and then made ALL the crucial shots. EH was very good as well. Nice win tonight.

Um yeah, that would be Pangos. Looking forward to watching Santa Clara vs Duke tomorrow at 9 am. Would absolutely love that upset if it happens

Welcome back Kp!

Went Pangos, but really was impressed with Olynyk too. He wasn't able to stop their center, but was able to contain him. Good work all around. Go Zags!

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Love that picture Reno. Looks like Kevin holding on to his ass so coach don't chew it off. Or maybe he got slapped to many times for his shooting.

Default KP

Kevin had a break out game and it came against high level competition with physical guards. It shows he can perform against the top tier.

I'm loving Kelly's development, just need to watch the fouls so we can see more of him.
    "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you can never know if they are genuine"---Abraham Lincoln.

Pangos. Unstoppable in so many ways. Shockingly good.

How is Harris listed? He shouldn't be...

Outside of a key 'And 1' and drawing some "bail out" fouls, he was severely out-matched and played pretty terribly this game(at least for his standards). 4-13 and made some very poor decisions with shots, attempts, and defense. He still maintained solid effort and grabbed some good rebounds, but doesn't deserve consideration given his talent and skill. It wasn't his best game and may have been his worst this season. He was OFF in more ways than one, not ripping, just giving credit to others whom deserve it more...

after this game and with Kelly shooting 75% the last 8 games...enjoy him while he lasts; as I've consistently said all season...he's a 1st Round Draft pick this season. We are convincing and kidding ourselves otherwise, I know I'm guilty, but c'mon...he's shooting 70% from the field and FT...plsu he's 7'1", can pass, shoot, dribble, score, defend a bit,...see ya, folks. As KO said in his latest interview, "you gotta take the opportunity when its there"...well, its there...he's a goner...just too good and too much potential. He may end up WCC POY this season, which I stated in late November...wouldn't be surprised one bit.

Delly, Brandon Davies, Kelly Olynyk, Elias Harris, Ireland, et al.
    “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    I think Pangos will win this easily, but you have to admit, you had to stop for a split second and consider both KO and Harris. Harris was consistent all game. Kelly was insanely dominant in stretches.

But wow. Great game by the zags to hold off a team that was feelin it tonight!
    GBJ had a solid night, too. I liked that he started looking to take it to the defense at the basket, finishing and drawing fouls.

Zags had 11 steals tonight. GBJ and Hart with 3 each. The Zags really did a good job of matching up with Baylor tonight and holding their ground.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    GBJ had a solid night, too. I liked that he started looking to take it to the defense at the basket, finishing and drawing fouls.

Zags had 11 steals tonight. GBJ and Hart with 3 each. The Zags really did a good job of matching up with Baylor tonight and holding their ground.
    +1

although, I thought Harris was in a funk...outside of his very good "bull rush" moves to the hoop for "And 1's", I'm shocked at the posters who believe he was POG. No way... GBJ, Pangos, Olynyk, even Dower in stretches was better than Elias...Harris was smoked for the majority of this game by taller, longer players, yet took advantage of the mis-matches in key moment, so I'll give him that...but Elias is our leading scorer, oldest player, leader, senior, etc...besides some key fouls drawn, I wasn't impressed.
    “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwinzag View Post
    Pangos. Unstoppable in so many ways. Shockingly good.

How is Harris listed? He shouldn't be...

Outside of a key 'And 1' and drawing some "bail out" fouls, he was severely out-matched and played pretty terribly this game(at least for his standards). 4-13 and made some very poor decisions with shots, attempts, and defense.
    You have to be kidding? We don't win this game without Harris drawing the fouls and the players into lane ...it opened up much of the wide open Pangos shots. Their interior defenders could not match Harris' strength and quickness...HE was the reason they were in foul trouble and very few were "bail out calls". The Baylor interior defenders rarely moved their feet and were constantly out of position inside.
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Default Pangos!

Pangos. @69 works for me!

Two thoughts on this game against Baylor and who wins GUnit of the game... I find it funny when people wrote in saying things like 'welcome back KP' as if he went somewhere...Kevin outworks everyone and the lesson there is keep working and the shots will fall... Kevin's season stats are good and just got a lot better tonight... secondly. with the students away on Christmas break it was good to see the Kennel full of Spokane fans... Do those tickets go to some sort of lottery when the student section is wide open?...

not exactly heroic, but compared to how he has been playing...
    the team goes how PanGos

Pangos was crackers tonight. Totally crackers.