Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: Zags Classics on Youtube. Happy Holidays!

  1. #1

    Default Zags Classics on Youtube. Happy Holidays!

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    As an update Tucsonzag PM'd me and has received about half a dozen tapes in the last month or so. He has been quietly working on digitizing them.

    These tapes include games from the '00 and '01 dances (Louisville/St. John's wins -- one of my favorite Gus Johnson snippets is in the St. John's game after a Mark Spink jam ----- "WHOAAAA !!! YOUNG FELLA !!!!" I believe the last UW game (where Raivio "took a knee" dribbling out the clock) in K2 is in there. Casey's winning putback against UVa in Memphis (and the post game Press Conference -- Dickau in the press conference looking at the stat sheet "Hey Casey, you and I combined for 15 rebounds !!! -- btw 3D had zero, Casey had 15 .... just some great Zag moments) Also some Senior Nites -- and a Zags' WCC clinching win in the original Kennel against Pepperdine (last time the students stormed the court in Spokane).

    I believe TZ will have some youtube clips up relatively soon ...... I believe entire games will be available for everyone interested somewhere (he's mentioned "the cloud" and while I'm not a dinosaur and am familiar with what iCloud is .... I have some homework to do before I can talk definitively about "the" cloud.

    Anyways, thanks TZ for the great effort and am looking forward to the digitized results. BTW just found another stash which will be sent to him soon ....... FL/ST and UCONN games from '99 dance (don't have Minnesota), the Georgia Tech game from Vegas -- Battle in Seattle v Oklahoma State, etc.
    I'm just finishing up the second coat now!

    Thanks so much to GoZags for opening up his VHS treasure trove to all of us. It's a blast getting to watch these old games again and transfer them to digital. I plan to put new games up as quickly as possible.

    I've got a few up on YouTube:

    The Season (doc from 03-04) in 3 parts - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X0WX7UImPM, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm9Aio4TPG8, http://youtu.be/2ZbfS23nSQk

    Last Zags Huskies game - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSF2sMv21GE

    Why GU UW had? to end - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMQlgN0QslA

    Much more coming very soon, including the last game in the old Kennel. The copies I've been making from the tapes are very good quality but I'm losing some significant fidelity uploading to YouTube. Didn't seem to make much difference uploading in parts either but if anyone's got suggestions I'd love to hear them.

    Tecmology. Enjoy!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tucsonzag View Post
    I'm just finishing up the second coat now!

    Thanks so much to GoZags for opening up his VHS treasure trove to all of us. It's a blast getting to watch these old games again and transfer them to digital. I plan to put new games up as quickly as possible.

    I've got a few up on YouTube:

    The Season (doc from 03-04) in 3 parts - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X0WX7UImPM, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm9Aio4TPG8, http://youtu.be/2ZbfS23nSQk

    Last Zags Huskies game - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSF2sMv21GE

    Why GU UW had? to end - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMQlgN0QslA

    Much more coming very soon, including the last game in the old Kennel. The copies I've been making from the tapes are very good quality but I'm losing some significant fidelity uploading to YouTube. Didn't seem to make much difference uploading in parts either but if anyone's got suggestions I'd love to hear them.

    Tecmology. Enjoy!
    Thank you! I just subscribed to your channel.
    Bring back the OCC

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    90

    Default

    This made my day even better. Thanks tucsonzag and GoZags!

  4. #4

    Default Wow

    Thanks so much this is like Christmas in November!! I have been looking for "the season" of the Zags for years!!! I will go subscribe to you right now!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by westside-zagfan View Post
    Thanks so much this is like Christmas in November!! I have been looking for "the season" of the Zags for years!!! I will go subscribe to you right now!
    I can't wait for the game to be over so I can resume watching "the season."

    Bring back the OCC

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Cant wait to watch the '99 games, this is so great. I think Tucsonzag should have a statue built in his image and placed in front of McCarthey.

    The Season was cool to watch again after all these years. Although at the time I thought it was a pretty good PR move to allow a crew to follow the team around, in hindsight I think with the way the season ended so early in the tourney it may not have been the best idea after all. Kind of caused them to lose their competitive edge in my opinion.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matty1090 View Post
    Cant wait to watch the '99 games, this is so great. I think Tucsonzag should have a statue built in his image and placed in front of McCarthey.

    The Season was cool to watch again after all these years. Although at the time I thought it was a pretty good PR move to allow a crew to follow the team around, in hindsight I think with the way the season ended so early in the tourney it may not have been the best idea after all. Kind of caused them to lose their competitive edge in my opinion.
    Haha thanks but that would be quite hideous indeed. This is all GoZags anyway. His tapes and he was kind enough to trust me with these old treasures. Will have more up very soon!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    H.N.I.C.
    Posts
    2,459

    Default

    This UW game is amazing. Heytvelt was a beast!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Wow! Thanks Tucson! Great vids. Why can't Romar just admit they want to schedule cupcakes in the OOC because the Pac 12 is so "tough".

    I would pay money for a DVD of our Tournament games with Minnesota, Stanford, Florida and UConn!
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    H.N.I.C.
    Posts
    2,459

    Default

    Check that. Raivio is going bonkers. I love this team.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    H.N.I.C.
    Posts
    2,459

    Default

    Ok, as good as the Zags are in this game, Ehlo and Heister.....omg. Someone in the crowd has a whistle!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    5,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oregonzagnut View Post
    Wow! Thanks Tucson! Great vids. Why can't Romar just admit they want to schedule cupcakes in the OOC because the Pac 12 is so "tough".

    I would pay money for a DVD of our Tournament games with Minnesota, Stanford, Florida and UConn!
    As I mentioned in another thread, Stanford, Florida and UConn games w post game press conferences are on the way to tzag. Minnesota game didn't tape. Others on the way include Dickau's buzzer beater win at St Joes (Philly announcers) the Jimmy V win over NC State, Ronny's first real action in Great Alaska shootout and others.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,589

    Default

    Thanks for uploading these! This is the first I've ever watched of "The Season."

    I also have several VHS tapes of older Zags games to convert to DVD that have been near the top of my to do list. When I convert them I can send a copy to you to post on YouTube if you like.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    GoZags & tucsonzag, Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!

    2009 Foo Fantasy Football Champ
    2014 Foo Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Champ

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    As I mentioned in another thread, Stanford, Florida and UConn games w post game press conferences are on the way to tzag. Minnesota game didn't tape. Others on the way include Dickau's buzzer beater win at St Joes (Philly announcers) the Jimmy V win over NC State, Ronny's first real action in Great Alaska shootout and others.
    Very VERY sweet! One thousand thank yous.
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Gig Harbor
    Posts
    1,565

    Default

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMQlgN0QslA

    Wow. Romar isn't a Dawg, he's a ####Y.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    295

    Default Wonderful

    Thanks tucsonzag for all your hard work. These videos are great and bring back so many sweet memories.

    Your the man...

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Thanks Tucson. Just finished watching "The Season", that was really fun! That was an amazing team, and an amazing season. There were so many of my favorite Zags on that team. I was trying to remember how that season ended. Was it with the loss to Arizona in the NCAAs? Or was that Az game the year before?
    Is that Az game going to be available for viewing? Even though it was a loss, That has to go do as one of our greatest tournament games.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Utsalady Bay
    Posts
    5,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3zagda View Post
    Thanks Tucson. Just finished watching "The Season", that was really fun! That was an amazing team, and an amazing season. There were so many of my favorite Zags on that team. I was trying to remember how that season ended. Was it with the loss to Arizona in the NCAAs? Or was that Az game the year before?
    Is that Az game going to be available for viewing? Even though it was a loss, That has to go do as one of our greatest tournament games.
    Nevada.
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

    Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Yuk!
    I remember the Nevada game as being a hard game to watch.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    5,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3zagda View Post
    Thanks Tucson. Just finished watching "The Season", that was really fun! That was an amazing team, and an amazing season. There were so many of my favorite Zags on that team. I was trying to remember how that season ended. Was it with the loss to Arizona in the NCAAs? Or was that Az game the year before?
    Is that Az game going to be available for viewing? Even though it was a loss, That has to go do as one of our greatest tournament games.
    Yes. The 96-95 double OT loss to Arizona is part of the 2nd wave headed to tzag to digitize.

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3zagda View Post
    Is that Az game going to be available for viewing? Even though it was a loss, That has to go do as one of our greatest tournament games.
    The game versus Arizona in '03 can be watched in its entirety here:

    http://vault.ncaa.com.

    The game I'm looking forward to seeing on YouTube that I have never seen is the '01 first round game versus Virginia.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pleasant Peninsula View Post
    The game versus Arizona in '03 can be watched in its entirety here:

    http://vault.ncaa.com.

    The game I'm looking forward to seeing on YouTube that I have never seen is the '01 first round game versus Virginia.
    I'm waiting to see the Zags beat Stanford in the 99 tourney to advance to the sweet 16, that was a HUGE upset and really got the attention of just how talented that team was. For whatever reason I missed that game, and have been kicking myself ever since.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matty1090 View Post
    I'm waiting to see the Zags beat Stanford in the 99 tourney to advance to the sweet 16, that was a HUGE upset and really got the attention of just how talented that team was. For whatever reason I missed that game, and have been kicking myself ever since.
    I missed the Florida game because I was too busy working at Wendy's.
    Bring back the OCC

  25. #25

    Default

    Opening round game against Louisville in 2000 being uploaded now. Taking a while. It'll be here - http://youtu.be/kLJ8fSEGva4.

    http://statsheet.com/mcb/games/2000/...-louisville-66
    Last edited by GoZags; 11-21-2012 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Added boxscore/player stats for Louisville game

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •