Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How high could K.O. go

Default How high could K.O. go

I know its a way off for Kelly, but if he keeps improving and playing like he is how high up do you think he could get drafted in the NBA?

Possible first round next year... That would mean continued improvement.
    His improvement is mind blowing... Sky is the limit. Seven footers with guard skills usually get a shot in the NBA.

Still a work in progress. He made several NBA post moves tonight and some boneheaded plays as well. Still needs to work on consistency but love the new KO this year.

I've said on many occasions, he's Gonzaga's next Adam Morrison. Just he'll probably have to have a senior season if he wants to be in a PoY race. This team is far too equipped to stand out in that regard.

He dominated tonight but only played 19 minutes. SHEESH!
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

top 10.
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

Quote Originally Posted by zag buddy View Post
    top 10.
    A few years back, a poster claimed Kelly was NBA material and it caused nearly everyone to laugh at him (myself included) it now looks like that poster (he wasn't a regular here, but someone who claimed to know the olynyks) was dead on. I think he might be a top 10 pick next year. His skill set is incredible. If he can figure out how to limit his TOs, I'd say it is a realistic possibility.

Agreed Ekrub. The way Kelly is playing now, there won't be a senior season for him.

Anyone who knows anything about the NBA draft, is well aware that Kelly wont have a Senior year (unless he wants to stay) based on the way he has played so far this year.

He's going to destroy the WCC.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by krozman View Post
    I've said on many occasions, he's Gonzaga's next Adam Morrison. Just he'll probably have to have a senior season if he wants to be in a PoY race. This team is far too equipped to stand out in that regard.

He dominated tonight but only played 19 minutes. SHEESH!
    not nearly as good as morrison. 99% of players aren't.

he fouled out and was in foul trouble, otherwise he would have played more.

Quote Originally Posted by zag buddy View Post
    top 10.
    not a chance.

Pretty sure Kelly won't jump ship early for the NBA, his senior season will be the one he needs to crack into the draft, this year won't be enough at all.

Remember Nick Fazekas of Nevada? 6-11, almost KO's size and a similar athlete. Averaged over 20 ppg and 10 rpg for his last 3 years there, on 53%+ shooting. Twenty one ppg and 11 rpg on 57% fg's and 43% on 3's his sr yr. 1st or 2nd team AA.

Went in the 2nd round; ESPN says now playing overseas.

NBA is mostly about athleticism.

I am excited about the prospect of KO being in the discussion for national POY in his senior yr.

Nice to see you posting on the MBB again, Maynard. I've missed you. Or have you been here all along and I just haven't been paying attention?

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Remember Nick Fazekas of Nevada? 6-11, almost KO's size and a similar athlete. Averaged over 20 ppg and 10 rpg for his last 3 years there, on 53%+ shooting. Twenty one ppg and 11 rpg on 57% fg's and 43% on 3's his sr yr. 1st or 2nd team AA.

Went in the 2nd round; ESPN says now playing overseas.

NBA is mostly about athleticism.

I am excited about the prospect of KO being in the discussion for national POY in his senior yr.
    Nick Fazekas, from what I remember, was not nearly the athlete that Kelly is.

I said 2 years ago that he reminded me of Nowitski....he looks more like him every day.

I think his ceiling is the last 10 picks of the first round because I don't project him being more than a quality 7th or 8th man on a good team. He has skills, but he isn't a dominate player at the collegiate level. He is better out of the redshirt year than I thought, but he hasn't turned into Bill Walton.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekrub View Post
    A few years back, a poster claimed Kelly was NBA material and it caused nearly everyone to laugh at him (myself included) it now looks like that poster (he wasn't a regular here, but someone who claimed to know the olynyks) was dead on. I think he might be a top 10 pick next year. His skill set is incredible. If he can figure out how to limit his TOs, I'd say it is a realistic possibility.
    Yeah, that was me.

Kelly has very crafty, advanced post moves. He's got a great motor. If he can rebound consistently, he will go very high in next years draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekrub View Post
    That was me also. Justice is sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Yeah, that was me.
    You and jazz may have said it, but the particular thread I am talking about was a poster who hadn't posted here before or since this thread. He claimed to know the olynyks and said that if Kelly didn't get more playing time he would transfer. I bumped it (arrogantly) after KO redshirted but I think a mod deleted it. I would like to arrogantly bump it to prove to my 1 year younger self I was a little quick on the trigger.

Default Imho.........

KO will continue to blossom throughout this year and we will get to see his full skill set next year when he replaces Elias at the 4. I watched him on the perimeter yesterday, dribbling between his legs, using his left hand as well as his right.

He will really benefit this year and next having Karno in the middle, so he can use his skills both in the paint and on the perimeter. His skill set reminds me of Josh Heytvelt, but Josh was forced to play the 5 because there was no one else. KO seems much more willing to bang in the paint than Josh was, but Josh was an athletic freak who could jump out of the gym.

It's going to be fun to watch. I agree that KO will destroy most of the guys in the WCC.

Go ZAGS

You and jazz may have said it, but the particular thread I am talking about was a poster who hadn't posted here before or since this thread. He claimed to know the olynyks and said that if Kelly didn't get more playing time he would transfer.
    I think his user name had "rose" in it. Something like prairie rose IIRC.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Kelly has a good skill set and high IQ, but his new toughness and motor has transformed his game. If his shots keep falling and he stays aggressive his upside is huge. My big surprise is how much more athletic he is than I thought.
    "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you can never know if they are genuine"---Abraham Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    I think his user name had "rose" in it. Something like prairie rose IIRC.
    "wild rose" is the handle you are thinking of.

I think we are all just speculating unless one of yu guys is an NBA scout...who knows

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

That said the kid has serious upside and I have zero doubt he is going to be paid to play in the NBA. just a question of when

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!