Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Brock Motum a beast?

Default Is Brock Motum a beast?

He played like a PAC-12 MVP when the chips were down. Congrats to him on a terrific game. Was The Brocksters the best player on the court tonight?

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    He played like a PAC-12 MVP when the chips were down. Congrats to him on a terrific game. Was The Brocksters the best player on the court tonight?

:]
    He was not the best on the court. Elias was and I think Kelly certainly held his own except for a little D let down at the end. Brock is darn good and anyone that was honest with themselves knew that he would play great and this would be a nail biter.

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Zags Fan View Post
    He was not the best on the court. Elias was and I think Kelly certainly held his own except for a little D let down at the end. Brock is darn good and anyone that was honest with themselves knew that he would play great and this would be a nail biter.
    Kelly was tremendous, POG, our rock, yet he needs to put a friggin' hand up just ONCE when his guy is attempting a 3pt shot. 3 consecutive 3's by Brock = not 1 hand in his face. go figure
    “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Brock is an excellent player. He played well... but not well enough. Elias and KO were the best players on the court tonight.
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Zags Fan View Post
    Without the threes, Motum was just "good". Harris dominated the paint.
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

he's got good skills, but there is something about his style that i just dislike.

Elias is usually the best player on the court every night really. He is leaps and bounds ahead of what he was even last year.

Freakin' Cougs always save something special for us...I beg them all to play that way again, if they brought that kind of intensity for every game then they would do a lot better this season. Motum is an awesome player and played outstanding tonight. Minus his lights out shooting tonight, we would have contained him fairly well though.

Motum was 2 for ten from 3 pt range before this game. I think he hit 5. So you don't mind a 20% shooter shooting.
    The hallmark of a second class person is the resentment of another's success-R.W. Emerson
    Whatever you focus your mind on grows, grow a rose garden and not a weed patch-Dr Paul

Motum did it with nowhere near the talent around him. He's a stud. GU is just loaded with studs. Surround Motum with a little more talent and he would be getting a lot of attention.

Quote Originally Posted by zag buddy View Post
    Motum was 2 for ten from 3 pt range before this game. I think he hit 5. So you don't mind a 20% shooter shooting.
    Flashbacks of draymond green
    "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither." - Benjamin Franklin

That one three he hit at the end of the game looked like he threw it at the rim. That ball did not look like it was going to go in.

Though I'm loathe to admit it, judging from my self-reaction checklist Motum was a beast tonight.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Motum and Lacey are really good. Cougs could have done some damage in the PAC with Reggie on their team.

WSU is quick to loose balls.
    I miss Mike Hart

Best player on the court was Harris. Second Brock Motum, Olynyk played a great game but I don't think he is better than Motum, but wow what a second half he had....

Motum is on the Wooden award preseason list. Watching him tonight, I understand why.

I would not really put Motum ahead of Olynyk. Kelly scored 22 points in the second half. 22. In the second half. That's alot of points. More than Motum in the second half. They both made big plays tonight, but I'd take Kelly tonight, and I believe I'd take him for the whole season. He is really getting good.

I won't take anything away from Motum, but I believe Kelly deserves as much praise for the way he played in that second half. That 3 point shot at the end, in enemy territory, with the game on the line, is pretty damn classy to me. Solid really. Yes, Motum made unbelievable 3's, but he was at home and not on the enemies court. Kelly's shot was truly awesome.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Was The Brocksters the best player on the court tonight?
    Nope, he was 3rd place at best. He went a long stretch in the 2nd half (about 15 minutes) when he didn't do much.
    Olynyk and Harris were beasts, Hart was at least half man half beast.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Motum was a warrior - gave it his all in front of the home crowd. We just had a little too much fire power.

Motum was good, but he did what many have done against Few's teams. He got hot from three, and that's that. His inside game is soft, and considering he didnt do much in the paint I wouldn't consider him a beast. Elias and Kelly were the two best players on the court to me, followed up by Motum.

we would not have won this game without mike hart an thats the bottom line

Cougbeast had a good game for sure but that was a bonehead play bouncing the ball off Kelly. KP knocked down the T and in the end the Zags margin of victory was...2 pts.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Nope, he was 3rd place at best. He went a long stretch in the 2nd half (about 15 minutes) when he didn't do much.
    Olynyk and Harris were beasts, Hart was at least half man half beast.
    And Olynyk had a bunch of time in the first half where he did nothing. Does that not count? During crunch time you need your best players to be your best players and Motum certainly was for the Cougars. I'd say that he had every bit as good of a game as Harris and Olynyk.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag@LMU View Post
    Flashbacks of draymond green
    Did you have to remind us...that was an arse kicking if we ever had one. HE DID BEAT US! Why do we inspire career nights against us?

Motem had a very good offensive game against us BUT defensively he was not there all the time. He had difficulty guarding either KO or EH.

Also,think his offensive game against us was more suited as an SF vice a PF, although he has nice moves on the baseline. He has an incredible and quick release. I will try to watch him more this season.

Don't think he has the necessary skill set to play in the NBA...

EH was by far the best player on the court...IMO
    Last edited by Bogozags; 12-07-2012 at 05:45 AM.

If it's a beast like Mitchell Young or Ben Dowdell then yeah Mole-tum is a beast.

Go!! Zags!!!