59 32.24%
  • Harris

18 9.84%
  • Pangos

1 0.55%
  • Someone else (who?)

2 1.09%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: - - -GUnit of the Game- - - (Washington State)

Hart played great, but can you really argue against Kelly????
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

I voted for K.O.

Team showed some True Grit tonight.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Playing an InState rival is always tough, and on the road it's playing with dynamite. The Coug's played their a #*'s off tonight and our kids were up to the challange. Great ball game, great Zag win!!
    [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
    ― Scottie Pippen

Default Or...

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Zags Fan View Post
    Shooters shoot. How many of those were in and out? All it would have taken is for a couple to go down and he would have been unstoppable. This also would have further freed up EH and KO. I think Kevin will be just fine in the Illinois game as he is always a much better shooter at home.

Now, I am worried that the guys may be emotionally used up. This is an important game for Illinois, but it is not their Championship.
    They might have needed some cold water thrown on them to wake up for Illinois. This has been a rough week academically. KP was complaining about the homework on twitter.

Default Hart...no doubt in my mind.

Props to Few for starting him in the second half. Olynyk and Harris (and also Bell) were the scoring trio, but a lot of those points wouldn't have happened in the second half were it not for Mike. And the defensive stops. And the rebounds. Those were probably worth 10 WSU points right there. He was a stud at both ends. He was the momentum changer, no question.

This is one of those games that can really make you frustrated as a GU fan. Another player with a career high against us. The inconsistent calls by the refs (then no calls). It's no wonder that most top teams don't dare tread into a major conference court out of conference. To make things worse, WSU will probably flail in the P12, doing nothing for our résumé. OK, off my soap box (but that game rattled me!)

Credit to WSU for their defense. Bone had a very good game plan, and it almost cost us.

I will savor this win, even though it shouldn't have been this close (again!).

Hart for his aggressive play.

Kelly is a star emerging, love his game.

Harris, I just have very high expectations.
    "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you can never know if they are genuine"---Abraham Lincoln.

Hart, Olynyk, Harris, Bell. without any of them this game would have been lost and props to Kevin for that last shot. I'll pass on this poll and say it was a Hell of a team win.

Let's bury the Illini.

Go!! Zags!!!

More cowbell.

Elias won my mental coin flip, so I chose him. E and Big Kelz both looked oh so good, and Hart did what Hart does.
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Quote Originally Posted by bostonzagfan View Post
    2-12. missed front end of one and one. kept shooting jumpers despite the fact that KO and Harris were getting it done in post up and isolation plays.

obviously pleased with the outcome, but if kevin plays like that against an Illinois , OK St, Baylor, etc. We lose. even with great games from Harris, KO, and Hart. The rest of the team was 26-43, about 65%.
    Sure he was 2-12, but the majority of shots were ones he'd normally make at a good clip. A few boneheaded TOs, no argument there. More than usual, for sure. I think he showed that he's still human and a sophmore. BUT IMO I really think it takes something special to go 2-12, make the TOs he made, and then not even hesitate for an instant to take the ball full-court and hit what was a really tough, off-balance, contested shot to win the game. A LOT of players would either brick the shot or try and pass off the responsibility in that situation to someone else for a shot that may or may not be there. It says something to me that KP understood the situation intuitively, took that shot and made it. JMO.

Edit: BTW I voted for Hart, not KP. But I still think KP deserves to at least be listed.

Quote Originally Posted by SWZag View Post
    Tough decision. Vote for KO, but Hart was a game changer. Elias was Elias, but quiet towards the end.

Wow, what a game!!!!

SWZag
    +1

Thumbs up G-Unit

My vote goes to Kelly O. Hart plenty deserving, as well as E. Kelly took a big step forward tonight leading in rebounds and a career scoring night...Very big improvement for this year and next!!!

Kelly and Elias co Players of Game without a doubt, and Hart a great Zag always. Loved Hart's hustle. I gave my vote to Kelly for his awesome second half and game winning 3. Wow! 22 points in the second half. That is incredible scoring. But didn't he look horrible the first half. What went on at half time.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Hart steadied the team.

Rock solid and gave them confidence.
    I miss Mike Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Nevtelen View Post
    Sure he was 2-12, but the majority of shots were ones he'd normally make at a good clip. A few boneheaded TOs, no argument there. More than usual, for sure. I think he showed that he's still human and a sophmore. BUT IMO I really think it takes something special to go 2-12, make the TOs he made, and then not even hesitate for an instant to take the ball full-court and hit what was a really tough, off-balance, contested shot to win the game. A LOT of players would either brick the shot or try and pass off the responsibility in that situation to someone else for a shot that may or may not be there. It says something to me that KP understood the situation intuitively, took that shot and made it. JMO.

Edit: BTW I voted for Hart, not KP. But I still think KP deserves to at least be listed.
    +1. We have winners on this team. Mentally tough winners.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Default Hart

Gave it to Hart but understand Olynyk. BOy that rebound/ steal off the free throw towards the end WAS HUGE!! That is what hart is in the game for and it paid off big time their. When he snatched that missed free throw the life in Beasley Coliseum got sucked out, without that play the cougs pull that game out, in my opinion. But Kelly... Man did he play great and he got more crap from the fans than any other player by far. The "WNBA" chants at him after the game, the "cut your hair" chants he took it all and stepped up big time for us tonight! If he doesn't cut that hair by the time WCC play rolls around those fans will be skewering him every night! Boy will that be exciting!? Kinda like the Ammo mustache days! haha

But the chant of the night goes to the legion of Zag fans who came out and started the "we can't hear you" chant towards the WSU student section. that was awesome!

tonight is but a glimpse of what KO will become

At one point, Hart was playing great but KO was dominating offensively and I told myself that for Hart to hold the vote he had to score. 3 seconds later he drained the "3". The Cougs kept clawing but the relentless Olynyk was not to be denied as the game got closer. KO was starting to get my vote again and Hart secures the rebound off the missed freethrow.. What a game.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

KO was the real deal last eve.
    Hart was exceptional and deserving of the honor as well --
    But the 3 at games end by KO was a dagger!!

Go Zags!!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

My vote went to KO. The big man saved our bacon in the second half when WSU threw every punch it had at us.

Bravo Kelly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

My vote WAS for Hart up until Kelly's final dagger (that huge 3). Which....technically...wasn't a dagger since Wazzu almost overcame it. But still, that 3 put us in the best position to win.

Huge game for a few of our guys.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Voted for KO but if not for Hart, KO wouldn't get to shoot that three as Hart's offensive rebound of the missed FT was the key.

Motem had a great game and am glad he is a senior!

Didn't WSU make five straight threes, Lacy twice, Motem twice and Lacy again?

It appeared to me Motem was less effective when EH was guarding him and KO was guarding Shelton, who was a non-factor on the boards...did anyone else notice this too?