59 32.24%
  • Harris

18 9.84%
  • Pangos

1 0.55%
  • Someone else (who?)

2 1.09%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: - - -GUnit of the Game- - - (Washington State)

Why did we not put in the bigs and just shove the ball inside, instead of throwing up 3's that didn't drop?
    "The Tipping Point - How little things can make a big difference" Malcom Gladwell

When you're playing for the national championship, It's not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.

It could have gone either way for me- KO or Hart. I had to go with Hart. His hustle especially at the beginning of the second half really pumped up the team. He also made a key rebound going down the stretch. KO was no slouch today, so props to both of them!

For me it's a tie between KO and MH. With the nod to the "walkon" for extraodinary action. Congrats to Kelly and Kevin for his Meech-like effort for the win.
    "Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck..."

Hart saved the game but KO delivered the win. Wow, what a barn burner!
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Mike Hart changed the game and usually does..,

Quote Originally Posted by bostonzagfan View Post
    why is pangos even an option?
    Eh, added him when he hit the game winner. But true, this wasn't his best performance of the year...
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Kelly got my vote, but Hart was a close second along with Harris. What a game.
    It's not the size of the Bulldog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the Bulldog!

GO ZAGS!!!

KO was huge down the stretch, no question, but Hart turned this game around including coming up with a ridiculous rebound to set up the near gw Trey.

Default Hart.........

was the difference maker, from the start of the second half. He did it all, from glue guy to rebounding to hustle plays to taking a charge or two to draining a 3.

Great games for KO and EH as well.

Hart was what we needed in the 2nd half. Zag Spirit! Got my vote.

Thank you Elias Harris and Kelly Olynyk.

Gary Bell helped to keep us in the game during the first half.

Kevin Pangos had a bad shooting night, but made a huge winning play to close it out.

Hardest vote in a long time, maybe ever cuz there were three worthy candidates. I went with Hart, but Olynyk and Harris were deserving too.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Epic game. Mad props to the Cougs. KO and Hart saved it for the Zags. Let's hope Brock M. goes off for 40 against UW.

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    Eh, added him when he hit the game winner. But true, this wasn't his best performance of the year...
    Yes and no I thought. He was rattled and didn't shoot well, but its tough to underestimate how much it takes to turn that kind of performance into a tough GW shot.

couldn't decide between KO and Hart, flipped a coin and....voted for Hart
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Tough choice. I want to give a shout out to Mark Few. Whatever he said, changed the game at the half. Pangos struggled all game long, but was huge at the end. Hart defiantly saved the game several times. Harris was key. Bell was clutch. Kelly was the man down the stretch.

Why? Why is it so hard to beat WSU?

Thankful for the win.

Voted for other as I felt it should be Hart AND KO.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    hardest vote in a long time, maybe ever cuz there were three worthy candidates.
    so true!

I voted for Elias, but that was the toughest choice I've had in choosing a G-Unit. Elias is always so strong for the Zags.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevtelen View Post
    Yes and no I thought. He was rattled and didn't shoot well, but its tough to underestimate how much it takes to turn that kind of performance into a tough GW shot.
    2-12. missed front end of one and one. kept shooting jumpers despite the fact that KO and Harris were getting it done in post up and isolation plays.

obviously pleased with the outcome, but if kevin plays like that against an Illinois , OK St, Baylor, etc. We lose. even with great games from Harris, KO, and Hart. The rest of the team was 26-43, about 65%.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocco View Post
    couldn't decide between KO and Hart.....voted for Hart
    Me too, went with KO. When Few put in Hart in the last minutes of the first half I thought to myself, "That's what this game was missing." Talk about a game changer.

And then Kelly gets it rolling in the second half, hits those clutch shots at the end...wow.

This was not bad coaching for whoever is moaning out there. We came out flat and found a way to win in a rivalry game on the road, get a grip.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    worst coaching of the year
    Worst comment ever! I give you 5 poopie pants!

2-12. missed front end of one and one. kept shooting jumpers despite the fact that KO and Harris were getting it done in post up and isolation plays.

obviously pleased with the outcome, but if kevin plays like that against an Illinois , OK St, Baylor, etc. We lose. even with great games from Harris, KO, and Hart. The rest of the team was 26-43, about 65%.
    Everyone will have a night like that at some point, luckily, the zags have guys that step up and take care of business though. That's why they're so good. Imagine if Motum has a really off night for Wazzu, they are DUNDY. Not the zags, they've got so much fire power.

But anyway, I threw him in there because of the game winner, and if I remember correctly, he hit a couple big free throws? Maybe not? It's 12:30am and I'm so freakin tired right now, lol. Either way, the beauty of these polls, is that you don't have to vote for a guy if you don't think he deserves it (and so far, one person DOES think he deserves it!! Woohoo! Haha)

Go Zags

Shooters shoot. How many of those were in and out? All it would have taken is for a couple to go down and he would have been unstoppable. This also would have further freed up EH and KO. I think Kevin will be just fine in the Illinois game as he is always a much better shooter at home.

Now, I am worried that the guys may be emotionally used up. This is an important game for Illinois, but it is not their Championship.

Oh, and for the record, if Pangos is 2-12 from the field, and he gets the ball in his hands, all I am thinking is..."Shoot it!".

Kevin's a shooter, he can get his stroke back at any time and change everything in a game. If he STOPS shooting, that's when I would get worried.

Remember 2 games ago? Davidson? Ease up chachi.