Thread: East Coast Swing

Default East Coast Swing

The Zags will play St. Joe's at the field house on Hawk Hill on November 29th. They'll go up to Boston to play UConn in the Hall of Fame Classic on December 1.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...n/8756392.html
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Anyone have any insights into the quality of these teams and their prospects for the season?

El Voce Guest

What a breath of scheduling fresh air that we are playing both games on the same trip! That means fewer days lost to team preparation due to travel.

UConn will be improved and ditto for St. Joe's. If the Zags were to somehow sweep this two game set, that would be two high quality wins for seeding in March.

And what a nice trip for fans. Philly cheesesteak, the game, then drive up to Boston for some Irish food and the game. Sounds like a Hondo trip.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Default Re:

Anyone have any insights into the quality of these teams and their prospects for the season?
    The Hawks should be pretty good. They return every significant player on a team that went 18-14 last season. They're team was very young last year. I am not sure how the rest of the A-10 is looking as far as their chances to win the league.

I expect Calhoun and Co. at UConn to make it back to the NCAA tourney this season. I think after last season's growing pains and ridiculous non-league schedule (so easy that it did them a disservice), the Huskies just have too much talent up and down their roster to not get back into the tourney and win a lot more Big East games than they did last season.

im just glad we got real quality opponents without the travel of last year! the uconn is a game im excited for, a lil revenge from maui!

i'm pretty sure st joes lost some kids to transfer... one or two of their "legends in their own minds" frosh guards from last year (dj rivera and carter?) and another role guy named something like monufanya...

GU will ROLL these guys. ahmad nivins is a solid post player, calathes has his moments, but the rest of this team is in shambles. 15+ pt win. shoulda played the game in the palestra, that place is by far the coolest place ive ever seen a college basketball game, and ive seen some solid venues.

uconn is another story, i dont always subscribe to the "another year older" theory that makes teams much improved, when it is basically the same team (sorry husky fans), but i just get the feeling calhoun will get these guys to gel... they have some weapons... watch out for dyson

Default Slightly OT, but...

Quote Originally Posted by cbbfanatic View Post
    ...sorry husky fans..
    Ya just don't see these three words strung together in this place!
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

...sorry husky fans..
    ick...

Default Re: The U Conn game

Tickets for the doubleheader go on sale Sept. 4 at all Ticketmaster locations as well as Ticketmaster.com. Each school will have tickets available to its students and alumni in August. For corporate packages, please contact Game Seven Sports at 859.317.2200 x2206. Complete event information can be found on www.game-seven.com or www.hoophall.com.

July Press Release

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.