Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Morrison on NBA tv

Red face Morrison on NBA tv

Adam is playing on tv right now, on the summer league channel. He played pretty good. 10 points and 3 rebounds. Looks like the Adam of old, kinda like his sophomore season look, no facial hair. Looks like he has the fire again, I really hope he can do it!! Usually the Orlando summer league games aren't televised but this year they are..I have set the DVR to record Adam's next 4 games in the next 4 days. Hey, if not Brooklyn, hopefully some other teams are watching!!
    ZAG 4 LIFE

4-7 from the field, 2-2 from the line, good to see him getting his shots and not settling for 3's.

Also, I can't wait to see Gray play, really hopin he does well.

Default thanks, ez17

you are now the designated reporter on this topic. don't let us down.

best,
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

You got it!! Since I live in Las Vegas, I will also update everyone on our guys playing out here as well. I will be there on the first day, I will get to see Gray AND Sacre play their first game. I will wear my kennel club shirt to make them feel at home!! And if any other ex zags show up on rosters I will let you all know.
    ZAG 4 LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by ezcure17 View Post
    You got it!! Since I live in Las Vegas, I will also update everyone on our guys playing out here as well. I will be there on the first day, I will get to see Gray AND Sacre play their first game. I will wear my kennel club shirt to make them feel at home!! And if any other ex zags show up on rosters I will let you all know.
    ZagNative put together a spreadsheet which covers the ex-GU players' (and Michael Stockton) schedules for the summer league (it sounds like you might be able to see Pargo play a game or two in Vegas as well).

http://guboards.com/showthread.php?t=40624

Not the best video, but better than nothing if you missed AMMO today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXx3rrU_Sp0

The NBA still is an offensive game, and Adam can score on just about anybody. If Paul Pierce can stick in the league for as long as he has, it seems like Adam could find a place somewhere. It would be a change of gears for Phoenix (my current home town) because they are enamoured with role players who can't create their own shot, but they could really use a guy like him as they explode their team and rebuild this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAGGED OUT View Post
    Not the best video, but better than nothing if you missed AMMO today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXx3rrU_Sp0
    Thanks. He looks like the AMO I remember.
    Bring back the OCC

Watched the clip, and thought he looked good. 4/7 and 2/2 aren't bad. but 10 points in 20+ minutes with 6 of them coming in the final minute of the half (?) makes me think he will have to do a little more...but what do I know?
    Spread the points out a little, add in 1/2 three and have 5/9 plus 2/2 just sounds better. It projects out to 20+ with extended minutes. Anyway, I hope that he makes it, proves to be a servicable journeyman and a competent NBA player. I think he has the skills, just will he get the chance.

Game replay at 9 pm West Coast Time..........lol just for you Woohoo Add 2 hours and you're there!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Watched the clip, and thought he looked good. 4/7 and 2/2 aren't bad. but 10 points in 20+ minutes with 6 of them coming in the final minute of the half (?) makes me think he will have to do a little more...but what do I know?
    Spread the points out a little, add in 1/2 three and have 5/9 plus 2/2 just sounds better. It projects out to 20+ with extended minutes. Anyway, I hope that he makes it, proves to be a servicable journeyman and a competent NBA player. I think he has the skills, just will he get the chance.
    He should have had about 3 assists too but his teammates are garbage.

It sounds like his line isn't too impressive but he hit the first two shots of the game and then hardly had any plays run for him. He played within himself and didn't force the action which is what I think he needs to do to be in the league. Almost every time he had a play run for him he either scored or made the right play leading to an open shot.

I liked the way he played yesterday, the new haircut is a lot better too even though I liked the Sampson look.
    "If you don't know that you then dont know anything about basketball, you don't know anything about life" Adam Morrison

Zagfaninnc is no longer in NC, back in Spokane

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Game replay at 9 pm West Coast Time..........lol just for you Woohoo Add 2 hours and you're there!
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Quote Originally Posted by ZagFanInNC View Post
    It sounds like his line isn't too impressive but he hit the first two shots of the game and then hardly had any plays run for him. He played within himself and didn't force the action which is what I think he needs to do to be in the league. Almost every time he had a play run for him he either scored or made the right play leading to an open shot.
    I wonder if this is the reason after he scored those baskets that he started waving his arms and yelling at his teammates as they were all running back on defense. "See what I do with the ball when you pass it to me, geez!"
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyzag View Post
    I wonder if this is the reason after he scored those baskets that he started waving his arms and yelling at his teammates as they were all running back on defense. "See what I do with the ball when you pass it to me, geez!"
    His scoring looked effortless. The announcers were questioning why he wasn't in the game at crunch time when his squad needed a bucket, but also made the point that there is no rhyme or reason (paraphrase) to rotations in summer league. My guess is that they know he can score and just leaving him in and watching him score 30 (which he could have easily done in that game) doesn't help them evaluate the other players. He played 20-ish minutes, and I hope he impressed the coaches with other facets of his game.

And as a call back to an earlier thread, he has trimmed his hair a bit and lost the moustache. :]

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    ...And as a call back to an earlier thread, he has trimmed his hair a bit and lost the moustache. :]
    Sold out....

...since it's not for the money but for the love of the game, I guess it's acceptable.

Be the ball, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo...

Go ZAGS!

(enter caddyshack reference here)

Adam just put in some great minutes in the second quarter

once he entered Boston went after him on seemingly every possession for a spell, got a couple but also failed a few times, and Brooklyn started to pull away with a big run

Just now, Adam got a screen on the high wing, dribble drove for that pullup one hander...swish

looked good, competing hard

these games are pretty tough to watch. Guards hog the ball, think they're Michael Jordan, sometimes it goes in but lots of yuck

Adam barely any touches at all

Adam put up 10 pts and had 10 boards today for the Nets. Not bad.
    Maybe he does have a chance. Who knows! Thus far he's perfect from the FT line 6-6. Seems to be passing well. FG percentages could be a bit better as he was 3-9 today.

Be interesting to see how he does the rest of the week.

No doubt though, he's a shooter. D is better but a bit lax.

Default Factoid!

Adam Morrison is and forever will be the first player to score a basket for the BROOKLYN Nets!

In fact he scored the first 2 baskets. I know it is the summer league but still, it is none the less the Brooklyn Nets.
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Angry

For those of you who didn't get to see the game yesterday, all of Adam's 10 points were ALL ADAM'S doing! No thanks to his "teammates". Talk about me, me, me!! I am sooo tired of watching Adam play team ball...passes to open teammates, screens, etc. only to see nothing in return!! I don't know how many times he was wide open on offense only to be stiffed by others who are only worried about themselves. Why WOULDN'T you take a 1 on 3 fall away 30 footer when an awesome 3 point shooter is WIDE OPEN!! And for Thornton?? I have never seen such a black hole in a LONG TIME!! You could tell the look on Adam's face that he was disgusted. BUT, he kept working, evidenced by his 10 rebounds...great work Adam, keep hustling, maybe the coaches can see what I have seen and you will get your invite to summer camp.
    ZAG 4 LIFE

I saw at least one block as well. The 17 point lead eroded when they started playing me me me ball in the last part of the third qtr.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by ezcure17 View Post
    For those of you who didn't get to see the game yesterday, all of Adam's 10 points were ALL ADAM'S doing! No thanks to his "teammates". Talk about me, me, me!! I am sooo tired of watching Adam play team ball...passes to open teammates, screens, etc. only to see nothing in return!! I don't know how many times he was wide open on offense only to be stiffed by others who are only worried about themselves. Why WOULDN'T you take a 1 on 3 fall away 30 footer when an awesome 3 point shooter is WIDE OPEN!! And for Thornton?? I have never seen such a black hole in a LONG TIME!! You could tell the look on Adam's face that he was disgusted. BUT, he kept working, evidenced by his 10 rebounds...great work Adam, keep hustling, maybe the coaches can see what I have seen and you will get your invite to summer camp.
    This^^ +1000 MarShon Brooks is painful to watch. Adam has been playing good unselfish team basketball - hopefully the coaching staff is noticing.

Watched the 2nd half of the game against Boston last night. Unfortunately, Ammo missed all 6 of his shots and had a bad turnover on an inbounds play. Brooklyn was up by 17, but lost by 6 or 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzagnut View Post
    Watched the 2nd half of the game against Boston last night. Unfortunately, Ammo missed all 6 of his shots and had a bad turnover on an inbounds play. Brooklyn was up by 17, but lost by 6 or 7.
    What? Which game were you watching. I saw hime miss a three and one floater... Everything else went in.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death