Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonics Stuff

Joel McHale repped Seattle and the Sonics last night on the ESPYs

LINK
    Bring back the OCC

Bring back the OCC

Wohooo! Pretty exciting. Of course, the council could always change there mind before the official vote next week, lol.
    Go Zags!!!

Twitter rumor is that the Kings have been sold to ownership group in Seattle.
    Bring back the OCC

Kings organization saying not true... Doesn't mean that it isn't.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

The organization didn't say is wasn't true, it said the statement was 'inaccurate.'

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/01/09/510...n-rumored.html
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    The organization didn't say is wasn't true, it said the statement was 'inaccurate.'

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/01/09/510...n-rumored.html
    Inaccurate is better. Earlier version of an article actually said wrong. I like inaccurate... That makes it sound like its a done deal but not contractually done. Hope that is the case.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

yahoo sports reporting it's being finalized for $500M...

Yahoo Tweets:

GU Class of '07

Will they be renamed as the Sonics?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Maybe,

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/daily...the_sonics.php
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Supersonics

We retained the rights to the name before the team moved to OKC.
    Go Zags!!!

Too $hort - Just Another Day

But that night we hit the hoop game
    Who was playin: Seattle versus Golden State
    Hollered at the home boy Gary Payton
    After the game, we went to his house NBA Jams, turned us out
    Bring back the OCC

Sir Mixalot - Not in our house with Steve Scheffler rapping at the end of the video.

youtube
    Bring back the OCC

One of my favorites:

PUSA - Supersonics

Youtube
    Bring back the OCC

Blue Scholars - Slick Watts

Youtube
    Bring back the OCC

I said this in another forum, but I'll say it again here...

As a Sacramento native, I couldn't be more enraged with the Maloofs. When the Maloofs first brought up relocating to Anaheim, they said it was because Arco Arena (a building which the Maloofs own) is out of date. So what did Sacramento do? They came up with an arena deal - not a arena plan, but an actual deal that was agreed to by all parties, including the City and the Maloofs. But before a shovel even hit the dirt, the Maloofs backed out.

I love the Kings, but I regret every dollar I ever gave the Maloofs. I look forward to the day when they file for bankruptcy.

The silver lining for me is that the great basketball fans in the NW will have a pro team again. If the Kings had to move, I'm happy that their destination is Seattle.
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

I think the Sonics fans efforts in all its various outlets these last few years has really gone along way towards perception.

As much as every one knows Schultz, Stern, Bennett, etc are slimeballs, they were able to push their agendas enough to make people think the team was moving because fans didnt care and weren't attending games. No one seems to be putting up with that crap this time around. The things that look bad are the things that should....the MaGoofs and the broken NBA economic model let those fans down.

Can't knock Sacramento or its fans. The Maloofs said they needed an arena to stay in Sacramento, and the City delivered. Also, Kings fans sold out every seat for every game for 17 of its 27 seasons in Sacramento, even though the team has had a winning % of roughly .400 during that time (and, until all this relocation talk emerged, some of the most expensive tickets). Also, Sacramento has 2 of the 5 longest sellout streaks in NBA history.
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Default Super Sonics

Would the name change back to Super Sonics, or would it remain Kings? Same green/gold colors, too?
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    Would the name change back to Super Sonics, or would it remain Kings? Same green/gold colors, too?
    Bennett and company left us the right to the Sonics name and colors. And that's how Chris Hansen has been dressing up for all the rallies and what not.

Id assume we would go to back to something similar to the early 90s scheme.

An open letter to Sacramento Kings fans from the producers of Sonicsgate

Dear Sacramento Kings fans,

You probably hate hearing anything about Seattle right now. We know the sick feeling in your gut, the rage in your head, the sadness in your heart. There is nothing anyone could say to you right now that would make things better. We have felt your pain, and we understand the irony of hearing this from the fan base that may now gain from your loss.
    We know the gamut of emotions losing your hometown team can inspire. To that point, our film ends with this poignant realization by author and Sonics fan Sherman Alexie:

“If we get a team, it’s going to be somebody else’s team ... To get a team, I'm going to have to break the hearts of people just like me.”

We’ve never shied away from this unfortunate reality, warning other vulnerable cities that if the Sonics could leave Seattle after 41 years, then truly No Team Is Safe.

The love and dedication of a team’s fan base has almost nothing to do with which cities keep their teams. It depends instead upon competition among municipalities to build bigger and fancier arena facilities, with team owners constantly seeking out new revenue streams and often requiring taxpayer subsidies to stay profitable. The power will always be in the hands of the privileged few, those who guard the purse strings and pluck the puppet strings behind closed doors.
    I would hope that all Sonics fans will be classy and understanding of Kings fans. My heart breaks for them and I feel awful that the NBA put fans in this position. It sucks a lot. I agree though with Brown and Reid when they write:

If the Kings leaving Sacramento becomes inevitable, we would rather have it be to Seattle as opposed to Anaheim, San Jose, Kansas City, or one of the many other cities vying for an NBA franchise.
    Bring back the OCC

A response from a Kings blog, sactown royalty. They bring up some good points about basically keeping our mouths shut while they try to save their team.

sactown royalty open letter
    Bring back the OCC

The history of the NBA and it's predecessors has been rife with moves. Of the current 30 teams 15 have moved to different cities, 3 of them 4 times. If Sac moves it will be the 5th for the franchise. The Hawks and Nets are currently tied with 4 moves. The Wiz, Warriors, and Clips are tied with 3 moves. The Celts and the Knicks are the only ones left of the original NBA to stay put.

If Sac does indeed make the move to Seattle and become the reborn Supersonics, then it will mark the first time in their history they haven't had a monarchical tie as either the Royals or the Kings.

History http://www.tealdragon.net/sports/nbamoves.htm
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    A response from a Kings blog, sactown royalty. They bring up some good points about basically keeping our mouths shut while they try to save their team.

sactown royalty open letter
    I hear some pretty awesome people read and post on Sactown Royalty.