Thread: Dons Central

Default Dons Central

Does anybody else feel unsafe on this forum? Such seething hate for GU, such hypocritical views on EVERYTHING Gonzaga. I responded to a thread where this fan was just puking on Gonzaga with a light stab or two about USF and found out less than a couple hours later that i had been banned.
    Zo Gags!!!

Default USF board =

"I hate losing; there is nothing worse than losing."

-- Kevin Pangos

“Sacre scored a basket and he ran up court and put his fingers together and made a letter ‘Z’ on his chest as he ran by where I was sitting,” Lloyd recalled. “Afterward, I said, ‘What was that?’ He said, ‘The sign of the Zags.’ "

Quote Originally Posted by zagitarious View Post
    Does anybody else feel unsafe on this forum? Such seething hate for GU, such hypocritical views on EVERYTHING Gonzaga. I responded to a thread where this fan was just puking on Gonzaga with a light stab or two about USF and found out less than a couple hours later that i had been banned.
    So, other boards are not as tolerant as ours! Sure would question their objectivitiy.

You will not be able to convince a conservative that Obama is the person to run our country anymore than you can convenice a liberal that Romney will revitalize our economy...just saying...

Nobody want's to convince them of anything. It's just every time you go over there to read about whatever, such as the Blackwell situation, you find 5 times as many threads about Gonzaga (all negative of course). And when you try to counter, they say stuff like "why are Zag fans so obsessed with us?" Or in my case, they banned me because I reminded them that they were blown out in the CBI after they were giving Zag fans crap for losing in the first weekend of the tourney.

Not much to this thread just wanted to vent.
    Zo Gags!!!

I've been banned over on the dawn's bored X2. Reading comprehension is not their strong suit.

That said, my Dr. refuses to prescribe penicillin, so I steer clear.

The 2nd worst format in the WCC.
    "Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color 9."

Dons Central is like the crazy lady from Fatal Attraction. They're a little too obsessed with Gonzaga and I'm genuinely worried that they might try to stab someone with a chef's knife.
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

So you're saying the pet rabbit has little chance of making it past Easter?
    "Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color 9."

Although I've been banned for the last 5 or 6 years over there, I still find myself visiting DC at least once a day (at least during the season). 1. DC still has the best links to other WCC forums. 2. It's the host site for the WCC Bettingman and 3. I just find it interesting to see what they say and what they feel. Check that -- I know what they feel -- it's just the various ways that they present it that I find interesting. i.e. they can take a fact something like Kevin Foster getting suspended and turn it into a 66 post Zag thread about everything from Tyler Amaya's interaction with an Asian on the Streets of San Francisco to a former Zag Tony Skinner's trouble with the law to the UCLA loss to Mark Few's inability thus far to get to a Final Four or an Elite 8 (and everything in between).

But the fact of the matter is Don Vito Centraleone runs the longest active website for WCC members -- and he runs his familia and he present his "facts" the way he chooses.... and there's not thing one that anyone can (or should) do about it. It's his site and his rules.

It's doubtful that there will ever be a meeting of the minds among the 10 families -- at least as far as the message boards go. That's my opinion.

You're a more understanding man than I, GZ.

Although I've been banned for the last 5 or 6 years over there
    Refuting lies, innuendos, and rumors with facts will make you unwelcome.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Default Why bother.

Its just the result of very little moderation. At some point if no one is going to post that is reasonable and tactful they will lower their standards and let anyone post just to have numbers. An automated program can edit the bad language so no one really has to even read it.

Obviously the standards are pretty low but I do not judge the true USF family based on some internet closet punks trash trying to stir up garbage conversations.

BTW, we can't compare any other forum to ours. We can thank our Mods and the patience they have to stick with weeding out the punks. Our forum is the best and we have kept a wide range of opinions without the gutter talk and vile comments.

We can either go there and try to up the quality when Gonzaga is the topic or we can ignore the fallacious comments that are not worth commenting on.
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Quote Originally Posted by Oregonzagnut View Post
    Its just the result of very little moderation. At some point if no one is going to post that is reasonable and tactful they will lower their standards and let anyone post just to have numbers. An automated program can edit the bad language so no one really has to even read it.

Obviously the standards are pretty low but I do not judge the true USF family based on some internet closet punks trash trying to stir up garbage conversations.

BTW, we can't compare any other forum to ours. We can thank our Mods and the patience they have to stick with weeding out the punks. Our forum is the best and we have kept a wide range of opinions without the gutter talk and vile comments.

We can either go there and try to up the quality when Gonzaga is the topic or we can ignore the fallacious comments that are not worth commenting on.
    Well said!