Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thank you from Robert Sacre and his family

Thanks Big Rob and fam! We will miss Rob so much on and off the court - such a great guy and athlete. Wish him luck in the NBA or wherever he chooses to continue his journey. I guess we have to share him with the larger world now. he'll always be a Zag, though!

Thanks Rob, it was a lot of fun watching you over your career here. Good luck going forward, I hope we haven't seen the last of you on a basketball court.
    "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Greg and Leslie -

Thank you for raising a truly amazing person. If he never bounced a basketball, he'd have been just as great of a person... and that is all on you two and your extended families. As is said sometimes in my family... "You've done good"... but in the case of your son... "You've done real good". Thank you for blessing us with his presence for the last 5 years... we'll never forget it.

Rob -

You have gotten so many nicknames over the years... Bobby Sugar... Bob... but I think the one that will always stick with me is Big Rob... I think the last few weeks have solidified that name. Not for your stature... not for you play on the court. No... Big Rob to me, means the big heart of a truly great person. Your work off the court, your caring for others, that is what truly makes you Big Rob... If you are ever in NY and just want a nice home cooked meal... you are welcome in my house... it would be the least I could do. When I saw the tear well up in your eyes at the end of the game... I was right there with you. You are kinda like the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz... we're going to miss you the most. I think I speak for most if not all on this board by saying... from the bottom of our hearts... Thank You... Thank You... Thank You.

LongIslandZagFan
    Thank you Big Rob and family!!!

Default what you bring to the table

you can have fun playing ball for a long long time. Thanks again!

Everyone should reread Leslie's letter from time to time.
    "but I did not shoot the deputy...."