Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thank you from Robert Sacre and his family

Default Oh man, this is my favorite post ever!

Thank you so much for sharing him with all of us. His competitive nature on the court, incredible work ethic, and his charisma and grace off the court are things that were truly special, especially here in his Senior year. One of the all time best finishes for a player.

He said he wanted to go out with a bang in Pittsburgh. I know this season didn't finish how he wanted, but believe us, he went out with a bang in all the other tangible and intangible ways us fans appreciate and respect. A beautiful career for a beautiful person who is bound for incredible things.

We applaud him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Default With Tears In My Eyes I Post...

Dear Zag Mom, Robert and family,

I don't think there's much that I can add here that hasn't already been said.

I do know that I'll never be able to look at 'Double Zeroes' anywhere again without thinking of Rob.

I am also looking forward to the day when Rob's image adorns the halls of the MAC along with all the other deserving Zag greats of the past. It will certainly be one of my favorite spots.

THANK YOU and here's to Big Rob's future.

Default Thank you, Sacre Family,

For sharing Rob with us. For showing us how a highly talented family treats each other and everyone they touch. For allowing us to watch, cheer, laugh and cry with Rob and the Zags over the past five years.

But most of all, thank you for showing us all how to stay classy in all situations and at all times, no matter what the situation is moment to moment and to always remember to maintain our perspective.

Whatever Rob winds up doing in his life, he will always be remembered as a very classy Zag & man who also played great basketball for Gonzaga. Reading this letter from mom just adds fuel to the fire Rob brought to this campus, his friends and this team.

Thanks for the great memories. God bless you all.
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

"I think we're all Bozos on this bus."

Rob's smile can light up an entire arena. He will be successful at whatever he does in life and we thank you for raising such a great son.
    [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
    ― Scottie Pippen

Quote Originally Posted by Knotsolucky View Post
    With tears in my eyes I post...

THANK YOU and here's to Big Rob's future.
    +1

Go ZAGS!

Rob Sacre is a very special person, who came from very special parents that provided him with love, direction and understanding, which is exactly how he lives his life and plays the game of basketball.

I have no children of my own BUT if I had been blessed, I would have wanted him to grow-up and be just like Robert Sacre. I also believe his offspring will have the same character as does their father.

We all thank YOU for doing such a wonderful "job" of raising this young man.

May he always sail on calm seas with following winds at his back...

From Bud Withers:

"...in the locker room, he was lightheartedly referencing a Dr. Doolittle movie with a Cleveland sportswriter, and The Zags seemed to know this:
    Ohio State was, and is, a little better. So this happens.

"We played our hearts out today," said Bell "We had opportunities to win the game, tied it late With Rob, if he's in a good mood, we're in a good mood. He's our leader." " (end quote)

It is said that we all stand on the shoulders of those who went before us. When the talented youngsters make the deep run we all know they will make in the next few years, I hope we all remember it is Rob's shoulders on which they are standing.

Larger than life would be my description of Big Rob, Sweet Bobby Sugar. The first thing I do when I see Rob is smile because his smile is contagious. He is a remarkable young man and I'm glad we got to take this ride with him. Thank you.

Go!! Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post
    No. Thank you. A fine young man and a great Zag.

Always and forever.

Big Rob will always be welcome here.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Thank you to the Sacre/Lefluer families for the upbringing you have given him and wonderful sense of self that your young man has developed.

I have followed Rob's career (from afar, thankk goodness for the internet!) ever since he played in the U15 nationals. When he chose Gonzaga I knew that they already had a young Canadian player (PMAC) and decided that this was the team I wanted to follow. Discovering GU Boards gave me the opportunity to follow the team closer and has allowed me to become apart of the GU community from 7,945 miles (12,800 km) away. I've too been able to watch many of the games because of BZ and Philly's links.

I will continue to follow Robert wherever he plays (As I do with most Canadian players overseas) and If he ever decides to play "down under" I will follow even closer and make sure to introduce myself to him personally.

Thank you for being such an inspiration to your fellow players and to the fans all around the world.

As my late father said to me as I ventured forth into the great unkown, "God speed young man".

Ozzy (formerly OZZag)

When all is said and done Robert Sacre will be known as one of the all-time great Zags. Thanks to his family for the kind words. Hopefully we can use Rob as the ultimate referral for all the great Canadian kids who are looking for a great school that will take their basketball to the next level. Thanks to Rob's family and to the great city of Vancouver.
    Best of luck in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    It is said that we all stand on the shoulders of those who went before us. When the talented youngsters make the deep run we all know they will make in the next few years, I hope we all remember it is Rob's shoulders on which they are standing.
    GU has a lot of great kids who pass through its basketball program; kids who contribute to the program and the community and to everyone they touch. But some are a step above this, and they are the ones who become part of the tradition. Rob is one of the ones who passes it on and will be referred to in years to come.

It is always such a bittersweet thing when our seniors move on to the next phase of their lives. I am always sad to see them move on, but certain players I have a harder time "letting go" of then others. Robert is one of those players.

You can tell Robert loved his time at Gonzaga. I can tell because I also loved my time there, and watching his passion and infectious enthusiasm makes me whimsical for those memories. He is a model Zag... but more than that a model human being. Echoing what others have said, thank you for sharing your wonderful son with us.
    Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
    You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

We should be thanking you and your family!

To a fine young man with a very bright future, thank you!
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zag Mom View Post
    They say:
    "People enter your life for a Reason, a Season or a Life Time", you have entered Robert's life for a Reason, a Season and a Life Time, so thank you all your support throughout the years.
    and Rob entered our lives as well, he was a special gift to Gonzaga both on the court and off
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Hey Rob, you have any basketball playing brothers or sisters? If so send them our way. We'll also be looking forward to another Sacre in 18 years in a Zags uni.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    Wow that's how I feel!! I met Rob a few times. He was always welcoming and gracious. He will be greatly missed! That whole message got me all teary eyed!

Thank you Rob! And your family!
    "I'm really excited. I'm excited to wear GONZAGA on my chest.
    -Kevin Pangos-

"You play to win the game, HELLO!?!- I dont care if you have any wins! You play to win the game "-Herm Edwards
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IMk5sMHj58I

Zag Mom,

Thank you for sharing you son. It seems like he has always been there with the team. He has such personality and heart. The year that he red-shirted he still was a presence on the court. I cried at the end of the Ohio game and I wasn't even sure the score, I just recognized the look on Rob's face and the feeling of finality for this year's season.

There is always next year for the fans and there will be so much more for Rob because of the way you have raised him and because he is a young man with such a great spirit.

Someone told me once that its is the Mothers who make the children turn out however they turn out so, if that is the case, you must be a very special lady.

Best wishes for the future of your family. May God Bless you all.

The Best Is Yet To Come-it is the Gonzaga way.

When the talented youngsters make the deep run we all know they will make in the next few years, I hope we all remember it is Rob's shoulders on which they are standing.
    This is so true, it bears repeating three times. You, Leslie and Greg, did an amazing job with your youngun. There is nothing in the world more noble than this. Thank you.

We are proud to be able to spend time with Big Rob and all that he has brought to the program and this city.

I look forward to follow Robs career where ever it may take him.

Once a Zag always a Zag.

Robert Sacre has literally bled for us as fans. By all accounts that matter (Mark Few and all his teammates), Big Rob is the consummate teammate. Dedicated, loyal, hardworking with oodles of personality that he uses just in the right way and just at the right time.

I've heard countless stories about what an incredibly nice person he is.

He is the kind of ambassador for our school that everyone should be proud of.

I say, GO ROB, GO BULLDOGS! No matter what, he's got my support.

Even if Rob had not been an important part of 3 WCC Championships and All Conference Award Winner, he would have been one of the all time great ZAGS. In fact, he is one of the all time greats.

Robert Sacre is one the special people that make Gonzaga a special place.

Thank you Rob and family.....You will be missed, that's for sure.....
    IZF
    Keep out of the Foo, unless you know what you are fooing.......

Leslie and Greg,

Thank you for raising such a wonderful son. Rob has brought such joy to Zag land, and well beyond.

Rob,

Thank you for all the blood, sweat, tears, and laughs. You are such a warrior on the court, and larger than life personality off the court. That infectious and charming smile will be missed dearly.

So sad to see you go, but in the words of Dr. Seuss-"Kid, you'll move mountains!"

Thank you for being such supportive parents - I'm certain that has helped Rob be the lovable, fun guy that he is, not to mention one of the most loyal guys the Bulldogs have ever had on their team. Spokane looks forward to seeing all of you back in town whenever you can make it up/down here.

Rob, I recall the first time I met you, along with your buddy Steven Gray, at the team banquet when you were a freshman. I was impresssed with your smile and easy-going manner, which would turn appropriately ferocious on the basketball floor. I wish you the best of everything in your future endeavors. Stay thirsty, my friend. Maybe I'll see you at the Blue Spark again someday. First one on me.