Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thank you from Robert Sacre and his family

Rob is a great kid and even a better man. Look forward to watching him in the future. Thanks for sharing him,

I'm most impressed by Robert's impact off the court which is surely a byproduct of his upbringing.

Although, I sure will miss him on the court!

Thanks Robert!!

Go Zags!!!!

I am excited to see where Rob goes. The impact he has had on the GU community and Spokane has been special, but, with his energy, drive and personality, will be just the start of the impact he will continue have in his career.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

WOW....JUST WOW.....amazing comments from Rob's parents!

Rob is larger than life.....what an amazing man!!!! You did a great job with him...He will so be missed!!! But....he will do great things in life.......I have no doubt......He is the epitome of what being a ZAG is.....Thanks for sharing him with the ZAG community!!!!!!!!
    This thread is a tear jerker!!!! I, too, miss the guys leaving, but this one has been harder than all the others! AARGH......:

Rob will always be one of my all time favorite Zags for all the passion, heart and excitement he put into each and every game he played in as a Zag. I will trully miss him come next year as he was the heart, soul and voice of this years team.
    Gonzaga Class of 2011!

Greg and Leslie -

Thank you for raising a truly amazing person. If he never bounced a basketball, he'd have been just as great of a person... and that is all on you two and your extended families. As is said sometimes in my family... "You've done good"... but in the case of your son... "You've done real good". Thank you for blessing us with his presence for the last 5 years... we'll never forget it.

Rob -

You have gotten so many nicknames over the years... Bobby Sugar... Bob... but I think the one that will always stick with me is Big Rob... I think the last few weeks have solidified that name. Not for your stature... not for you play on the court. No... Big Rob to me, means the big heart of a truly great person. Your work off the court, your caring for others, that is what truly makes you Big Rob... If you are ever in NY and just want a nice home cooked meal... you are welcome in my house... it would be the least I could do. When I saw the tear well up in your eyes at the end of the game... I was right there with you. You are kinda like the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz... we're going to miss you the most. I think I speak for most if not all on this board by saying... from the bottom of our hearts... Thank You... Thank You... Thank You.

LongIslandZagFan
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Thank you Rob! From the day I saw (more likely heard you) you cruising through the cog, you've been an excellent ambassador for GU. So many kids look up to you, and you never disappoint. You will be missed!

Default Joy

I think that the most special things I will recall about Rob is how good he has always been with kids. Sick kids like Brandon, disabled kids and regular kids who he just brought so much joy to.

Default I think this says it all about Gonzaga

Quote Originally Posted by Zag Mom View Post
    To the Zag Family

I would like to say "Thank you" to all the Gonzaga family from Robert and the Sacres and LaFleurs. It was seven years ago when Robert made a decision to become a member of the Zag Family and it has been an amazing experience for Robert and our entire family.

We would like to thank Mark, Marcy, Tommy, Chanell, Ray, Kim, Donnie, Coach Jerry, Alex, Jenny, Brian, Aaron, Wes,(all the kids of the Coaches and administration), Mike Roth & the entire athletic department, managers, Oliver, Coach Hertz and Mrs Hertz and all staff of Gonzaga, (there are so many of you that have made this a special time, the list could go on and on so, I will stop there).

Thank you to everyone for an experience of a life time that Robert and our family will never forget.

A special thanks goes to Rian Oliver, Jennifer Nyland, Father Hightower and Sonja Steele, for all you have done for Robert, I greatly appreciated your support (from Leslie).

Thank you, BobZag, PHILLYZAG and the other computer Techs without you, we could not have watched most of the games. Every game night, we would be texted from all the Canadian Zags, so where has BobZag posted that Phillyzag is streaming the game....(LOL), so thanks,

To all the current Zag players thank you for allowing us to share in this adventure, we will be watching you over next year and many years to come. Be proud to carry on the tradition......Go ZAGS!!!

To all the retired Zags players that have shown Robert what tradition means and all the lessons you have taught him along the road especially when he first arrived on campus as a "Young Pup". Thank you

When the coaches were recruiting Robert, they said he would belong to The Gonzaga Family. They failed to mention "What a Large and Amazing Family from Coast to Coast and Around the World".

They say:
    "People enter your life for a Reason, a Season or a Life Time", you have entered Robert's life for a Reason, a Season and a Life Time, so thank you all your support throughout the years.

Thank you to The Gonzaga Family, The Zag Fans and the community of Spokane for allowing us to join your family.

We will not say "Goodbye, because once a Zag always a Zag.....and our family will always be Zags!!!!"

Thank you all

Robert, Leslie and Greg
    Rob Sacre is my favorite Zag of all time!!!!!
    And thanks for the best post i have ever read on any blog.
    I am going to really miss Rob and his million dollar smile. Best of luck in the future to Rob Sacre.

Great player, even better person. Rob will be missed at Gonzaga, but the best is truly yet to come for him.

Thanks for everything! Your son is a role model. Rob's don't grow on trees and their parents deserve a lot of credit. I can't say enough how much Rob has touched the lives of those who've known him. What he's done off the court, as well as on, leaves a legacy that we'd want all Zags to follow. It's been a great 5 years and I couldn't ask for anything more than what Rob gave us as fans. We support Rob in his future endeavors.

SWZag

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Default Thanks Rob and Family!

Zagmom,
    Zagnation will forever remember the memories, and thankful for Rob being such a SPECIAL Zag. I wish nothing but the best for Rob. Once a Zag always a Zag.

And a big Thank You to you and your family, for all the sacrifices you've made, so Rob could be a Zag.

Phillyzag.

Quote Originally Posted by BoZarth View Post
    I'm most impressed by Robert's impact off the court which is surely a byproduct of his upbringing.
    I just want to echo this sentiment.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

One of the best parts of following my alma mater's basketball team on this board is getting to read about the off-the-court happenings involving the young men who represent the school. We don't "know" them but we certainly come to embrace them over their careers.

Robert was an easy Zag to embrace.

Many thanks to Robert, Leslie and Greg for taking the time to author the note above. It's further evidence of the uniqueness of the Gonzaga experience. Congratulations to you all and may God bless you with his grace on the journey from Gonzaga that remains to be continued.

ZagMom
    thanks for sharing Bobbie with us
    he took his turn at the wheel and gave it a might crank
    now you are in the family forever

My few encounters with Mr. Sacre have led me to believe that he is a very good human being. I loved his intensity and passion on the court and his kindness and generous spirit off the court. I thank you for sharing him with Gonzaga.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    I can't post just yet -- tears of joy for all in the Zag family.
    Thanks to Robert Sacre and his wonderful family for sharing and making GU just that much more special.
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Rob will be missed. But I can say he has made Gonzaga a better place. Both for his skills and his personality. He has carried the zag torch with pride, humor and class.

As many have said , he is one of the all time greats.

His legacy will be felt for ever at Gonzaga.

Thank you.

His pureness

Thank you Zagmom, thank you Rob.

Absolute class by from both of you. So glad you are part of the Gonzaga family.

Today, even after such a tough loss, I still feel so proud to be a Zag.

Stay thirsty my friends, stay thirsty.

We are Gonzaga.

Thank you, from the bottom of my very appreciative heart.

Such sincerity in reaching out is very moving, without even knowing your family or Robert. Thank you.

So much to be proud of in the young man Robert Sacre's maturation right before our eyes

And a ballplayer who I will miss tremendously wearing Gonzaga colors out there.

Thank you for a wonderful letter to wake up to this morning! Great sadness in Zag Nation over having someone leave who epitomizes exactly what it means to be a "Zag" both on and off the court. Thankfully, all the hard work he has done will continue on as he has been a great mentor and leader to the current players.

From your letter, it's easy to see how Rob has grown into such a great young man. You and your family must be so proud of him.

Looking forward to following the next phase of his life and hearing about all his adventures!

Thank you Robert and family.

Big Rob's larger-than-life personality has made an impact on our family. What an incredible role model for our young son. As was stated earlier, we always believe we "know" these young men off the court. So, I will never forget when we were at my daughter's house for her graduation and my husband had just gotten out of the car and saw Rob walking his dogs and said, "Hey Rob!" and Rob, as you would expect, responded with, "Hey! How's it goin'?" He didn't give him a head nod or make him feel silly for calling him by his name. It probably sounds crazy, but to me, this speaks volumes about his character. It's one of my husband's favorite stories to tell.

I always cry when I know it's a senior's last game and yesterday was no exception. Our family will miss Bobby very much, but we look forward to seeing him around campus in the future, because he is, and will always be, a ZAG.

Default Rob and his family........

Wow, what a tear jerker this morning. Thanks so much for sharing both your son and your heart with ZAG Nation.

Here's wishing Rob great success in the future.

Go ZAGS

No. Thank you. A fine young man and a great Zag.

Always and forever.