Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thank you from Robert Sacre and his family

Default Thank you from Robert Sacre and his family

To the Zag Family

I would like to say "Thank you" to all the Gonzaga family from Robert and the Sacres and LaFleurs. It was seven years ago when Robert made a decision to become a member of the Zag Family and it has been an amazing experience for Robert and our entire family.

We would like to thank Mark, Marcy, Tommy, Chanell, Ray, Kim, Donnie, Coach Jerry, Alex, Jenny, Brian, Aaron, Wes,(all the kids of the Coaches and administration), Mike Roth & the entire athletic department, managers, Oliver, Coach Hertz and Mrs Hertz and all staff of Gonzaga, (there are so many of you that have made this a special time, the list could go on and on so, I will stop there).

Thank you to everyone for an experience of a life time that Robert and our family will never forget.

A special thanks goes to Rian Oliver, Jennifer Nyland, Father Hightower and Sonja Steele, for all you have done for Robert, I greatly appreciated your support (from Leslie).

Thank you, BobZag, PHILLYZAG and the other computer Techs without you, we could not have watched most of the games. Every game night, we would be texted from all the Canadian Zags, so where has BobZag posted that Phillyzag is streaming the game....(LOL), so thanks,

To all the current Zag players thank you for allowing us to share in this adventure, we will be watching you over next year and many years to come. Be proud to carry on the tradition......Go ZAGS!!!

To all the retired Zags players that have shown Robert what tradition means and all the lessons you have taught him along the road especially when he first arrived on campus as a "Young Pup". Thank you

When the coaches were recruiting Robert, they said he would belong to The Gonzaga Family. They failed to mention "What a Large and Amazing Family from Coast to Coast and Around the World".

They say:
    "People enter your life for a Reason, a Season or a Life Time", you have entered Robert's life for a Reason, a Season and a Life Time, so thank you all your support throughout the years.

Thank you to The Gonzaga Family, The Zag Fans and the community of Spokane for allowing us to join your family.

We will not say "Goodbye, because once a Zag always a Zag.....and our family will always be Zags!!!!"

Thank you all

Robert, Leslie and Greg
    Last edited by Zag Mom; 03-17-2012 at 08:15 PM.

"The Tipping Point - How little things can make a big difference" Malcom Gladwell

When you're playing for the national championship, It's not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.

Thank you Robert and family for everything YOU have done for the Zags program. Such a great career for Rob and so happy to have watched it all. As a fan even you feel like you really know him, what a great personality. Hurt to see his tears today, he's an all time zag.

How great is that! God bless and God Speed! Thanks for sharing Rob with us!

Wow! Thank you Mr and Mrs Sacre for creating such a wonderful human being and one of the best Zags to ever put on a uniform! I remember seeing him up in Anchorage Alaska at the "Great Alaska Shootout". I was one of the few people to be there court side to watch them at shoot around. I was cheering so hard every time they even made a practice basket and did his little "wink and a smile" at me. He came up and shook my hand because I was wearing my 2005 Kennel club shirt. He had fun the entire time and I knew then and there he was going to be someone special for the next 4 years.

Lucky for Spokane and Gonzaga it turned out to be 5 years!!!

Sacre makes us proud, and whatever future he chooses after he graduates, he will continue to make us proud.
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

ID ZAGFAN Guest

Thanks to you both for sharing him with us.

ZaGranny

(Note to mods--I nominate this thread for the thread hall of fame.)

What a gift Robert, [Bobby ;^) ] is for you folks to share with us, the rest of the Zag world!
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut

Sitting in front of Greg the last two games, we had a chance to see the joy and pride he takes in his boy. Thank you for sharing such an amazing man with us. He defines Zag. Always.

Gracious to the end...and I do hope this isn't the end
    Thanks ZagMom.....we'll be here and I hope you and your family will be too

Thank you, Rob and his family, for the kind words and an amazing five years. Rob is the shining example of why I love this team, this school and the Gonzaga community. It will be a strange feeling to watch a Gonzaga game without Rob in uniform, but I couldn't be more certain that he has great things ahead if him, both on and off the court.
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Thank you for sharing your thank yous with the GU forum. Rob is one of those special players and people you never forget. I've enjoyed following Rob at GU and wish him continued success after college. I hope he eventually gets that horse farm he wants.
    It's not the size of the Bulldog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the Bulldog!

GO ZAGS!!!

You're welcome and a thankyou for sharing with this community and Zags everywhere. Very classy post esp. considering some of the negative crap you may have read here. Stay thirsty my friend(s)!
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

What a heart warming thread on a day that my hearts aches. Thank you for sharing your feelings of gratitude. You are right about the Zag Family, and once a Zag always a Zag. Rob had a great career at GU, but especailly a great year. He really shined down the home stretch. MDABE told us at the beginning of the year that we would see a much different Rob Sacre, and how right he was. For me Rob moved into my first place as the best defensive senior who has ever played at GU. He played so great today and Thursday, and did one of the best job on two great collegiate players in Jones and Sallinger. He lead us this year as he had promissed he would.

I will miss him, but I know I'll see his shining face on the TV from time to time at a GU game. I know how much he loves GU.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Way beyond just Basketball.

Speechless.............

My wife cried. She cried over Ronny Turiaf and Matt Bouldin too.

Shucks...she cries every year after the last game. Losing the players hits her harder than losing the game.

Rob was the hardest for her to take.
    I miss Mike Hart

Wow! What a nice 'thank you note/letter!'.

We will miss you Rob!! Thank you for your zagdom.

PMTA Rob.....PMTA.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

What a wonderful thank you from the parents of a wonderful Zag. Best wishes wherever Robert ends up.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Thank you Rob for being a great Zag on and off the court!

Thank you for such a classy note, a special kid and years of more great Zag memories. It's always hard to see seniors move on, but especially Robert's quick wit and big heart.

Thanks for sharing you're son with us...GREAT KID! I'm gonna miss the big guy....and I got my fingers crossed that an NBA team picks him up. I'd take him in a second. Make sure Rob goes and buys his son a nerf basketball set soon.....we need all the Sacre's/LeFleur's we can get...you can never start too soon ya know...cute grand son.......THANKS!

GU Class of '07

Wow. Just saw this. How great!

Rob was one of the best kids this program has ever had, and turned into one of the best defensive players we ever had. We will all miss Rob, and wish him the best in the future!

If anyone ever wanted to know what is meant when someone makes reference to "Zag Material"....well, here you go.

Thanks rob and family!

Quote Originally Posted by surfmonkey89 View Post
    If anyone ever wanted to know what is meant when someone makes reference to "Zag Material"....well, here you go.
    Amen.
    I wear a helmet while internetting.