X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bballbeachbum
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2008

Such sincerity in reaching out is very moving, without even knowing your family or Robert. Thank you.

So much to be proud of in the young man Robert Sacre's maturation right before our eyes

And a ballplayer who I will miss tremendously wearing Gonzaga colors out there.

Comment

• Jedster
      Bleeds GU Blue
      • Oct 2009

Thank you for a wonderful letter to wake up to this morning! Great sadness in Zag Nation over having someone leave who epitomizes exactly what it means to be a "Zag" both on and off the court. Thankfully, all the hard work he has done will continue on as he has been a great mentor and leader to the current players.

From your letter, it's easy to see how Rob has grown into such a great young man. You and your family must be so proud of him.

Looking forward to following the next phase of his life and hearing about all his adventures!

Comment

• Proudzagmom
        Kennel Club Alum
        • Feb 2007

Thank you Robert and family.

Big Rob's larger-than-life personality has made an impact on our family. What an incredible role model for our young son. As was stated earlier, we always believe we "know" these young men off the court. So, I will never forget when we were at my daughter's house for her graduation and my husband had just gotten out of the car and saw Rob walking his dogs and said, "Hey Rob!" and Rob, as you would expect, responded with, "Hey! How's it goin'?" He didn't give him a head nod or make him feel silly for calling him by his name. It probably sounds crazy, but to me, this speaks volumes about his character. It's one of my husband's favorite stories to tell.

I always cry when I know it's a senior's last game and yesterday was no exception. Our family will miss Bobby very much, but we look forward to seeing him around campus in the future, because he is, and will always be, a ZAG.

Comment

• TacomaZAG
          Zag for Life
          • Mar 2007

Rob and his family........

Wow, what a tear jerker this morning. Thanks so much for sharing both your son and your heart with ZAG Nation.

Here's wishing Rob great success in the future.

Go ZAGS

Comment

• U Zig, I Zag
            Zag for Life
            • Mar 2009

No. Thank you. A fine young man and a great Zag.

Always and forever.

Comment

• rennis
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2007

Oh man, this is my favorite post ever!

Thank you so much for sharing him with all of us. His competitive nature on the court, incredible work ethic, and his charisma and grace off the court are things that were truly special, especially here in his Senior year. One of the all time best finishes for a player.

He said he wanted to go out with a bang in Pittsburgh. I know this season didn't finish how he wanted, but believe us, he went out with a bang in all the other tangible and intangible ways us fans appreciate and respect. A beautiful career for a beautiful person who is bound for incredible things.

We applaud him.
              Originally posted by Coach Few
              We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Comment

• Knotsolucky
                Kennel Club Material
                • Nov 2008

With Tears In My Eyes I Post...

Dear Zag Mom, Robert and family,

I don't think there's much that I can add here that hasn't already been said.

I do know that I'll never be able to look at 'Double Zeroes' anywhere again without thinking of Rob.

I am also looking forward to the day when Rob's image adorns the halls of the MAC along with all the other deserving Zag greats of the past. It will certainly be one of my favorite spots.

THANK YOU and here's to Big Rob's future.

Comment

• gamagin
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Thank you, Sacre Family,

For sharing Rob with us. For showing us how a highly talented family treats each other and everyone they touch. For allowing us to watch, cheer, laugh and cry with Rob and the Zags over the past five years.

But most of all, thank you for showing us all how to stay classy in all situations and at all times, no matter what the situation is moment to moment and to always remember to maintain our perspective.

Whatever Rob winds up doing in his life, he will always be remembered as a very classy Zag & man who also played great basketball for Gonzaga. Reading this letter from mom just adds fuel to the fire Rob brought to this campus, his friends and this team.

Thanks for the great memories. God bless you all.
                  Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                  Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                  Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• sittingon50
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• HillBillyZag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Rob's smile can light up an entire arena. He will be successful at whatever he does in life and we thank you for raising such a great son.
                      [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
                      ― Scottie Pippen

Comment

• DADoZAG
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Knotsolucky View Post
                        With tears in my eyes I post...

THANK YOU and here's to Big Rob's future.
                        +1

Go ZAGS!
                        Go ZAGS!

Only watching the ball, misses at least 80% of the game.

Comment

• Bogozags
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jan 2008

Rob Sacre is a very special person, who came from very special parents that provided him with love, direction and understanding, which is exactly how he lives his life and plays the game of basketball.

I have no children of my own BUT if I had been blessed, I would have wanted him to grow-up and be just like Robert Sacre. I also believe his offspring will have the same character as does their father.

We all thank YOU for doing such a wonderful "job" of raising this young man.

May he always sail on calm seas with following winds at his back...

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                            Zag for Life
                            • Sep 2009

From Bud Withers:

"...in the locker room, he was lightheartedly referencing a Dr. Doolittle movie with a Cleveland sportswriter, and The Zags seemed to know this:
                            Ohio State was, and is, a little better. So this happens.

"We played our hearts out today," said Bell "We had opportunities to win the game, tied it late With Rob, if he's in a good mood, we're in a good mood. He's our leader." " (end quote)

It is said that we all stand on the shoulders of those who went before us. When the talented youngsters make the deep run we all know they will make in the next few years, I hope we all remember it is Rob's shoulders on which they are standing.

Comment

• bigblahla
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Larger than life would be my description of Big Rob, Sweet Bobby Sugar. The first thing I do when I see Rob is smile because his smile is contagious. He is a remarkable young man and I'm glad we got to take this ride with him. Thank you.

Go!! Zags!!!
                              "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• NotoriousZ
                                Zag for Life
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post
                                No. Thank you. A fine young man and a great Zag.

Always and forever.

Big Rob will always be welcome here.
                                It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

Working...
                                X