Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good Luck SMC

I understand people saying you can't go 8/10 for 3s, but no doubt they can and will do better than 1/15...

SMC is better than this.

I hope that they wake up for the second half and play the way they are capable of.

Default PUR doing a better job

Quote Originally Posted by GU69 View Post
    SMC is better than this.

I hope that they wake up for the second half and play the way they are capable of.
    of getting in SMC's grill, stealing SMC's game from them. Delly is too slow for lightning-quick Jackson. So far.
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Rob Jones is horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post
    SMC is going to go down. You aren't going to magically go 8/10 from deep because you switch rims at half... and Purdue isn't that great, frankly.

Delly has height at guard, why they are not just picking and rolling everytime is beyond me.
    Agreed
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Default Smc

starting to feel it.

update: briefly.
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Rob Jones does not know when to stop shooting and let the game come to him. Call it Carlino itis.

SMC starting to go inside...coming back.

ugh, last minute could have been watching a GU team the way they blew that

grrrrrr.
    What was that horrible shot with 9 seconds to go?
    That was their chance to win .... and they didn't need three points then.

They needed help defense on that last play by purdue. Tough loss for the gaels but still a very successful season.

I don't get it, call a TO and set a play up for Australian mouthguard D to shoot. They didn't deserve to win that game. How did they take 2 games from GU?

They didn't choose Delly to shoot the winning shot?
    "The Tipping Point - How little things can make a big difference" Malcom Gladwell

When you're playing for the national championship, It's not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.

Purdue is like facing two Anthony Irelands and a Noah Hartsock.

Tough out.
    I miss Mike Hart

One more reason to not like St. Mary's.
    They didn't play like that against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    They didn't choose Delly to shoot the winning shot?
    Wasn't there. Rob Jones had a great look.

And STEINDAL choked this one away. Fool!

Gotta feel for Clint. Listening to his Post-Game comments from Vegas you could tell he felt like him and his team finally put it all together.

So disappointed in SMC, they just weren't ready and compounded the rust with poor decision making.

Thats the problem with building a team to beat GU. once you do you don't know what to do with yourselves or how to get "up" for a game where the opponent isn't GU.

Cool Or us.

Quote Originally Posted by GU69 View Post
    One more reason to not like St. Mary's.
    They didn't play like that against us.
    We needed this win though. Basketball out West is looking terrible this year. New Mexico and Colorado are the only Western teams left in the tournament now.
    GO BYU!

BB.

i know most of ya'll were pulling for SMC, and it would have been nice to see someone else finally bring in some NCCA revenue to the conference, but this is awesome. couldn't dislike that team more unless hamfat was still their center. i hope their wcc championship and the automatic bid keeps them warm during the long, cold off season.

Quote Originally Posted by adoptedzag View Post
    Thats the problem with building a team to beat GU. once you do you don't know what to do with yourselves or how to get "up" for a game where the opponent isn't GU.
    Exactly. After you beat Gonzaga, what else is there to live for.
    "The Tipping Point - How little things can make a big difference" Malcom Gladwell

When you're playing for the national championship, It's not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.

Quote Originally Posted by adoptedzag View Post
    Exactly right. That and they play soft non-conference, they don't see how tough other teams can be.

SMC has poor team speed. Having said that, those Purdue guards could blow past a lot of teams.

A clinical case of one team's strength facing another team's weakness.

As for in-game adjustments, this is a perfect example of why you should get your team comfortable with playing zone even if it violates your overall defensive philosophy.

Steindal and Holt would have been better off sagging toward the rim and letting Purdue shoot open perimeter shots.
    I miss Mike Hart

St. Mary's embaressed themselves and the WCC in that first half. They acted like they were walking around in a daze? When they play us, they usually come out "frothing at the mouth" and play like kamikazes, today it was as if they had no interest , at least in the first half. Had they played even remotely with the attitude and effort they put out against G.U.? , they would have buried Purdue.
    [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
    ― Scottie Pippen