Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good Luck SMC

Default Good Luck SMC

Good luck to SMC in their game against Purdue! Three wins out of four (thus far) would be awesome.

SWZag

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

And every win means more money for the conference. Represent, SMC!
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Good luck SMC!

Go Gaels!
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Personally, I hope they get blown out. A few extra bucks for the conference isn't worth it.
    GU Class of '07

Game vs. Purdue is on at 4:27 on TRU TV, Spokane Comcast #705 for HD.

Cough, choke, choke... I can't bring myself to say the words...

What SWZag said.

sigh...lets go st mary's

I think we represent the conference just fine. I'm not even going to pretend to root for SMC. They will be shell shocked as they are playing a decent team that they haven't spent all year preparing for.
    "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

Good luck Gaels - go get em
    The hallmark of a second class person is the resentment of another's success-R.W. Emerson
    Whatever you focus your mind on grows, grow a rose garden and not a weed patch-Dr Paul

EFFF That!! I wont be disappointed if they lose, but I sure as hell am NOT pulling for them to win.

I have nothing but respect for their program. Go Gaels

I love this place.

I get both sides of the argument and I truly believe that fans watching from their televisions have no impact on the game, so either way everything is fine. I'm rooting for both our teams until we play each other.

Default +1

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    I have nothing but respect for their program. Go Gaels
    this is great for the conference. These guys are disciplined and have great floor leadership.

After that, who knows ? But I want them to represent. They've earned their ticket. I hope they make a lot of noise. I think we should dedicate some of the money they make for us to a good cause: perhaps a little memento or plaque in memory of Brandon, for starters.
    Last edited by gamagin; 03-16-2012 at 03:36 PM.
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

I want them to win so we can beat them in the FF

I'll be rooting for the Gaels this afternoon and for however long they last in the Tournament, unless they play us.

hmmmm, tough one. I understand the conference brethren slant of course (Homer Simpson emoticon here)

but I just don't know how I'll feel when it starts...that is the truth. Never thought I'd root for BYU but ended up feeling just that way vs. Iona. weird feeling I did not expect. The conference blood is pretty deep, tho I did not follow the BYU game yesterday at all

I'm with ZagNative I will root for any WCC team unless they are playing the Zags.....

......well maybe not USF, but they're not in the tournament so I'm not faced with having to make that choice
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Default i understand the logic.....

but i wont do it(and i even rooted for byu)

i would rather tell rex walters he was a class act(and thats not gonna happen)

GoZAGsMang

Go Gaels! I'm rooting for them. Do you really want a team that beat us this year 2 out of 3 to get blown out on a national forum? That will really help the reputation of the WCC. Think it through a little more.

Like Big Rob said: They make us better. We make them better. They both make the conference better.

Sorry...just can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocco View Post
    I'm with ZagNative I will root for any WCC team unless they are playing the Zags.....

......well maybe not USF, but they're not in the tournament so I'm not faced with having to make that choice
    Yup. Glad I am not confronted with that choice this year. That would be a tough one to swallow.

But then, we have a lot of great posters from St. Mary's here on guboards ... USF? Not so much.

I mean, really, how can you not be rooting for Dirt McGirt's team ... Unless, of course the Gaels are playing Gonzaga?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekrub View Post
    I want them to win so we can beat them in the FF
    I would give a pinky finger for this to be reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

darn right I'll be cheering for them. It's great to have three teams in the dance. Any tourney win by the Gaels makes our losses to them look a little better. Ditto our win vs them.

Love to hate the Gaels when they're playing us, but in the tourney I gotta give some love to the teams from the WCC. Seems like there's no love from the analysts for either SMC or GU.

I hope they stomp Purdue.

I’m just looking forward to see how Self’s boys handle the pick and roll.

Plus, an additional $100K or so in the GU coffers should help some get over their rivalry hang ups.

Go SMC!