Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeding:

Default Seeding:

I don't think this necessarily drops us to an 8 - I think that we could still be a seven - yes, Portland is out, but I am not sure we were ever really in the running. I think our RPI will keep us at a seven, though I wanted a 6.

What is the consensus of people with access to all the bracketology?

8 or 9 i know it.

7 is just as bad, IMO. Any 2 seed blows us out by 20+.

9 tops. We might have gotten a 6 if we won tonight.
    "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither." - Benjamin Franklin

I can't see the Zags landing in the 8/9 game. RPI is going to be too high. My best guess: 7. I think a win couldn've gotten them a 5. I just can't see them dropping 3 seeds lines based on a loss to a sure fire NCAA tournament team.

Default 8 or 9.........

early morning game back east, #1 waiting in the second round.

Ouch.

SMC gets our 6 seed in Portland.

Ouch.

Go ZAGS

Idk if this is updated to the dot after the game, but it does show st Mary's as an autobid and moved BYU up. has us as a 6, st Mary's as an 8, and BYU an 11... http://bracketproject.50webs.com/matrix.htm

I really don't see us dropping to an 8 seed. We lost in our conference championship game by 4, in overtime, to the #18 team in the country (according to the coaches). Lunardi had us as a 6 seed prior to the game. Also have to take into consideration teams like San Diego State, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame, New Mexico, Temple, Louisville... losses by any of these teams early in their conference tournaments could have a pretty big effect on where Gonzaga is seeded.

I also wouldn't pay much attention to Lunardi's projections tomorrow morning. A lot will depend on how the BCS tournaments turn out.

Obviously it all depends how the big boy conferences play out... but I see us as a 6 seed... no where close to home

I say a 6 seed, just look at the facts and forget about the opinions, especially Lunardi. Consider:

- 10 loss Vandy team as a 6 seed.
    - Louisville as a 5 seed, 10-8 in conf, lost 4 of their last six and best win of the year....against a 10 loss Vandy.
    - Good old Notre Dame. 10 losses overall, played five tough/decent non-conf opponents and got destroyed in all (GU, Mizzou, Georgia, Indiana, Maryland)

Lunardi is frankly overhyping the Big East once again. We stack up pretty well and SHOULD get a six seed.

I still think our guys will get a 7. I'd much rather have that than the 8-9, but I agree that our guys will be outmatched by a 1 or 2 in the second round. However, if they shoot like they did against BYU, they just MIGHT pull off an upset against one of the likely 2s. They will get run out of the gym against KY or Cuse.

Default we are in

the tourney. remember what butler did as an 8 seed last year. great game, tbiytc.

Post-game RPI is 22, essentially unchanged from pre-tournament. I don't think we'll drop much after an OT loss. Lots of basketball to be played yet by other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by 04ZagFan View Post
    I'd like another shot at Michigan State, if they get a #2
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaZagFan View Post
    I'd like another shot at Michigan State, if they get a #2
    I think we would take them in the Mac, not so sure about a neutral floor. We are definitely strong enough to take them but we would need a Saint Johns style game again.
    "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither." - Benjamin Franklin

We've been underseeded for years. Say hello to the 8 ball.

SMC gets the 6.

ZZ

Quote Originally Posted by 04ZagFan View Post
    Ill take the 7 over the 8 seed.

Since Portland is out of the question, IMO, lets hope for a 7 seed in Omaha.
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Quote Originally Posted by zagzilla View Post
    We've been underseeded for years.
    Actually, that's not the case.

I also think that we will not be underseeded this year, since the WCC commish is on the committee. That doesn't mean we'll get any favors, but we very likely won't get jobbed either. There have been previous studies in the past that indicate teams with AD's/commissioners on the committee (very probably unintentionally) get a very slight boost from it when it comes to placement.

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    Actually, that's not the case.

I also think that we will not be underseeded this year, since the WCC commish is on the committee. That doesn't mean we'll get any favors, but we very likely won't get jobbed either. There have been previous studies in the past that indicate teams with AD's/commissioners on the committee (very probably unintentionally) get a very slight boost from it when it comes to placement.
    So we can thank Jamie Zaninovich?!
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

i'd like if at all possible to avoid the 1 seed before the elite eight, so either a 7 or 10 works...really don't want to see unc, uk, or the cuse. in any case, not concerned with seeding as much as the match up we get and more importantly whether byu or smc pangos shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by zagzilla View Post
    We've been underseeded for years. Say hello to the 8 ball.

SMC gets the 6.

ZZ
    No way that SMC gets a 6 and we get an 8, when one compares our tournament profile versus theirs, Gonzaga's is still better (I do not mean to say that we are the better team, that was proven on the court last night) but the committee rewards tough OOC scheduling - otherwise Murray State would be a No. 1. I suspect we will have the same or one less than SMC, maybe SMC is the first 6 and we are the last 6 or they are the last 6 and we are the middle 7.

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    i'd like if at all possible to avoid the 1 seed before the elite eight, so either a 7 or 10 works...really don't want to see unc, uk, or the cuse. in any case, not concerned with seeding as much as the match up we get and more importantly whether byu or smc pangos shows up.
    I've been chanting "bottom of the bracket" over and over again. Don't want to have to potentially face 1 seed in the first weekend or S16.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    No way that SMC gets a 6 and we get an 8, when one compares our tournament profile versus theirs, Gonzaga's is still better (I do not mean to say that we are the better team, that was proven on the court last night) but the committee rewards tough OOC scheduling - otherwise Murray State would be a No. 1. I suspect we will have the same or one less than SMC, maybe SMC is the first 6 and we are the last 6 or they are the last 6 and we are the middle 7.
    I'm hoping the committee also sees it this way. Zags have more quality wins and played a much tougher OOC schedule. They split the season series and played an OT game on a neutral site. Would they really place this one game as a difference in lines on seeding? I would say hard to say, but I cannot see how they would. Then again we have seen stranger things....

If RPI forecast is to be believed, BYU and Oral Roberts will not be top 50 come selection Sunday. That will leave us at 2-3 vs top 50. It also projects we will end up around 29 RPI. With those numbers, I think we probably end up in the dreaded 8/9 game.