Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: No one blame but ourselves

Default No one blame but ourselves

We gave that one away. No other way to spin it.
    "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Zag@LMU View Post
    There are several other ways to spin it.

I believe there are a whole lot of other ways to spin it, but I'm just one person with an opinion.

Stagnant offense and we never got the ball to the hot hand. Dower and Edi shot most our threes and we never got consistent from the perimeter.
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

pangos>>>> 3-18 1-10 0-0 0 3 3 2 0 3 2 7 Feel bad for Kevin...worst night of his young career...3/18 and only 1/10 from 3.

Oh well...we love him anyway. Just a bad night.

I'll put another spin on it. Two teams played their absolute hearts out for 45 minutes. The Zags fought back...HARD...when they looked like they were out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    pangos>>>> 3-18 1-10 0-0 0 3 3 2 0 3 2 7 Feel bad for Kevin...worst night of his young career...3/18 and only 1/10 from 3.

Oh well...we love him anyway. Just a bad night.
    Combined with Edi they were 4/24 1/13 from three. Both will have a chance to bounce back in the NCAA's
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Quote Originally Posted by FieldHouseFishHouse View Post
    There are several other ways to spin it.
    But none of them would be honest. This bunch is better than this. Just a couple plays here and there win the game. We are talented enough to make a couple extra plays. Hopefully this one will stay with them.
    Gonzaga Basketball
    Exhibiting Character Since 1907

No. SMC made the plays to win. Zags gave a great effort but were beaten by a team that was better on this night. Credit where credit is due.

Edited to add I think that's pretty honest.

no there aren't. we battled and fought but gave it away in the 1st half. thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oregonzagnut View Post
    Stagnant offense and we never got the ball to the hot hand. Dower and Edi shot most our threes and we never got consistent from the perimeter.
    ??? They only shot 7 and made 2 ....IF they HAD shot most of our threes at that rate...we win!

Default what a turd

you related to Jazz ?
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Quote Originally Posted by mnzag24 View Post
    no there aren't. we battled and fought but gave it away in the 1st half. thats it.
    Losing the 8 point lead just before half was the killer! and then the slow start to the 2nd half

Those are 2 pretty excellent teams. I thought SMC executed well and had a perfect OT. If we could have forced one more turnover, dont turn over that fast break in OT or they missed a FT or two its a different game. SMC is a very dangerous tourney team.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCroatian View Post
    Those are 2 pretty excellent teams. I thought SMC executed well and had a perfect OT. If we could have forced one more turnover, dont turn over that fast break in OT or they missed a FT or two its a different game. SMC is a very dangerous tourney team.
    Is Holt scheduled to be ready in a week and a half?

You spin me right round, baby, right round....
    ...and there definitely is no such thing as Prince Charming.

Can't disagree that the Zags gave this one away at the end.

Some really poor shot choices that last 2 minutes.
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I'll put another spin on it. Two teams played their absolute hearts out for 45 minutes. The Zags fought back...HARD...when they looked like they were out of it.
    This.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

My God, you are not going to shoot 60% from 3 every night - KP had a guy hanging on him all night - no way can he shoot as high a %.

Yep - we had some lulls, but b/c of great defense from the Gaels and killer shooting.

But no one should get away with saying that this team did anything but play their guts out - - they somehow got to OT!

Can someone explain the number of minutes David Stockton was given at the end of the game? I cannot figure Few's rotations.

Default Great game.........

One question for future SMC games.......

When are we going to scheme defensively to take Delly out of the game and make someone else beat us???? Box and 1, Triangle and 2, double team, anything to make someone else beat us.

Cut off the head and the body follows. I know it's easier said than done, but come on. He goes for at least 20 against us every game, and the best we can come up with is to have Rob guard him one-on-one 20 feet from the hoop. Is the bag of tricks really that empty???

I guess so..........

Go ZAGS

pangos plays even an average game and zags win...simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaZAG View Post
    One question for future SMC games.......

When are we going to scheme defensively to take Delly out of the game and make someone else beat us???? Box and 1, Triangle and 2, double team, anything to make someone else beat us.

Cut off the head and the body follows. I know it's easier said than done, but come on. He goes for at least 20 against us every game, and the best we can come up with is to have Rob guard him one-on-one 20 feet from the hoop. Is the bag of tricks really that empty???

I guess so..........

Go ZAGS
    rob actually shut him down several possessions in a row towards the end...i think rob wanted to take him 1-on-1 wanted the challenge. this was rob's game...zags should have gone to him in the post in ot.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    My God, you are not going to shoot 60% from 3 every night - KP had a guy hanging on him all night - no way can he shoot as high a %.

Yep - we had some lulls, but b/c of great defense from the Gaels and killer shooting.

But no one should get away with saying that this team did anything but play their guts out - - they somehow got to OT!
    Yeah we played our guts out but in the end we didn't make the plays that we had to make to win. And we had plenty of opportunities to. That is why we are a 9 seed at best now. And it's a result of missed opportunities.
    "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post

no. it was not great D from the gaels. christ, you sound like farnham. if we shoot bad then it must be great d. not true. we had our looks, and did not make them. call it like it is. they had their moments, but we screwed the pooch.