Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If I'm Saint Mary's I'm wondering how I have a chance at winning tomorrow

Default If I'm Saint Mary's I'm wondering how I have a chance at winning tomorrow

Holt is out, Pangos like the Orleans hoops apparently, and it will essentially be a home game with the fan proportions. If we play our game, SMC will be hard pressed to keep it within 15.
    "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Don't jynx it!
    Zo Gags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zagitarious View Post
    Don't jynx it!
    I'm sure there's a Gael who thinks the same about our chances somewhere

My mamma tol me not to say things like this, but I'll say it ennyway (since she's gone to her rest and peace lo these many years). HAVE YOU LOST YOUR F@!#@!! MIND?

I think Tonya Harding was in a similar situation in 1994.
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

agree with the premise, yet you're forgetting Gary Bell's injury...who was limping around MB today...hip sprain. Surprised no mention of this on the board. GBJ is nursing an injury following BYU game which could neutralize their loss of Holt.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    agree with the premise, yet you're forgetting Gary Bell's injury...who was limping around MB today...hip sprain. Surprised no mention of this on the board. GBJ is nursing an injury following BYU game which could neutralize their loss of Holt.
    Uh, yeah! If there is no mention of it here then it is probably because people here don't know or didn't think it was an issue.

Is it officially "an injury"? Is he day to day?
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Quote Originally Posted by Oregonzagnut View Post
    Uh, yeah! If there is no mention of it here then it is probably because people here don't know or didn't think it was an issue.

Is it officially "an injury"? Is he day to day?
    I dunno and don't want to speculate, yet saw GBJ at Mandalay Bay around 9pm tonight and he was walking with a limp...

My "hip sprain" diagnosis was an assumption based on last night when he was holding his hip and stretching his leg...

Its definitely/evidently effecting him, yet who knows how much...I have a feeling he'll play. Maybe he just needs to keep it warm and loose...

Only chance SM has is if the Zags can't shoot AND give up on defense. In other words - if the Zags don't show up for the game. What I think will character the game a bit though is foul trouble for both teams. Bench members are going to have to step it up. Oh yeah, and the Zags are going to need some glue on the old fingers. Still - I think Few & team will wear SM out and win by 10+.

GU just blew out BYU, but SMC did that twice. I think that both teams are going to games tough.
    I think that it is going to be hard fought game. Look at the matchup of Harris vs. Jones, what wrinkles we throw at Delly, and what wrinkles they throw at Pangos and finally the difference will be Sacre. If he comes to play, then he can put GU over the humps.
    ----
    Why not try Love Poems. They work to prime the pump.

Stupid question, of course they have a chance.

eff the Gaels.

This thread isn't giving the Gaels nearly the respect they deserve. Yep, they're banged up and without Holt.

But they were banged up and without Holt when they went into SF and took the conference outright -- something we couldn't do at full strength.

Bruised or not, the Gaels are a handful. Delly, Jones, even Waldow are capable of taking the game over. Steindle could break the whole game open with his shooting.

I think the zags will win this one, especially with Pango's hot hand in vegas, but it wouldn't shock me if the Gaels pulled it out...

Default Gbj

You are confusing a limp for his mad swag

+1 Bulldog

I am certain the Gaels will give us their best effort. Holt or no Holt, they will be a tough out. I remind you that without Holt they went to Portland and blew the Pilots out. Something we didn't do at 100% health. Then 2 days later went to USF and won @ WMG... again something we didn't do. Not having Holt will certainly impact them, but not nearly as much as you might think. They are a smart team, are well coached and have the WCC player of the year running the show. Lets not forget Rob Jones averaged a double double this year.

Go Zags!

ZAG@LMU you need to review a few things. Check the box score from the Zag game at Moraga Jan. 12, 2012. Then check the box score fro the WCC championship game 2 years ago. If that is not enough check the box score from the Zags home game vs St. Mary's in 2011. When the Gaels are on they are a damn good team. Our problem is that when they play us they are really on most of the time regardless of who they suit up.

Gotta give credit where credit is due: SMC can win this one, easily. This Zags team has been two-faced in many aspects.

Saving graces:
    Holt is out, SMC players might be a little worn.
    Pangos found a place other than the Kennel where he can shoot.
    The Orleans is a home away from home in some aspects, the crowd will be pro-GU

Unknown:
    Will Rob step up and play BIG?
    GBJ's hip?

I believe that they believe they can win

but I'm with Pargo the Destroyer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    ZAG@LMU you need to review a few things. Check the box score from the Zag game at Moraga Jan. 12, 2012. Then check the box score fro the WCC championship game 2 years ago. If that is not enough check the box score from the Zags home game vs St. Mary's in 2011. When the Gaels are on they are a damn good team. Our problem is that when they play us they are really on most of the time regardless of who they suit up.
    Trust me im familiar with those games, my belief still stands. Maybe its you who needs to review the box scores from the February game in Spokane, last years WCC tournament game, and the box scores from both of our league victories in 2009.

I don't think there's any question that Pangos will be double-teamed. That leaves someone else open. GBJ? I, too, think Rob is going to be a deciding factor in this game and if Guy Landry has another game like the last one, we can hang in there. This will not be a runaway by any means. It's going to be close. Go Zags!
    Oregon Zag

Zags@LMU,

I think your post is what is called "bulletin board material".

I'm feeling somewhat confident that GU is going to win this game, but your notion borders on disrespecting a very good team WHO IS capable of beating GU. In fact, this exact crew has come up with 3 wins against GU in just the last 2 seasons. You're being too cocky and as far as I know, you don't suit up.

Karma can be a ##### and I don't believe in tempting fate.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Zags@LMU,

I'm feeling somewhat confident that GU is going to win this game, but your notion borders on disrespecting a very good team WHO IS capable of beating GU. In fact, this exact crew has come up with 3 wins against GU in just the last 2 seasons. You're being too cocky and as far as I know, you don't suit up.
    Where did I say anything even borderline disrespectful to Saint Marys? Is it not conceivable that we win by 15 or more if we play our A game just as we did against BYU? Sure they could beat us, any team can win on any night, but there is a reason we are the favorites, and getting over 80% of betting action on us ATS not just moneyline.

If this is bulletin board material and Dellavedova wants to personally print my post out and show it to all of his teammates then I have no fears about our guys' abilities to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Zags@LMU,

Karma can be a ##### and I don't believe in tempting fate.
    3 wins the last 2 seasons? I count 1 last year, and 1 this year.....
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

I like the Tonya Harding reference. The question becomes which knee of which player? My vote is for ...

Quote Originally Posted by bullzag23 View Post
    3 wins the last 2 seasons? I count 1 last year, and 1 this year.....
    My bad, 3 wins in 3 seasons.

3-3 in the last 6 games.