Thread: Very interesting article

Default Very interesting article

One man's tool. At least some thought went into it, it would appear.
    But we don't play nobody.

Default I laughed

I didn't read the article before I looked at the table, and when I saw Romar as 6th overall and 4th in development, I couldn't help but laugh. Romar is terrible at developing players. Instead he gathers together a group of highly talented players and finds a way for them to collectively under perform.

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonZag22 View Post
    I didn't read the article before I looked at the table, and when I saw Romar as 6th overall and 4th in development, I couldn't help but laugh. Romar is terrible at developing players. Instead he gathers together a group of highly talented players and finds a way for them to collectively under perform.
    That's not the argument the author is making at all. Everybody knows Romars teams underachieve big time. But he puts guys in the NBA and his guys improve a ton individually from year to year.

The article isn't talking about teams. It's all based on individual performance.

I have very little respect for the NBA farm league schools like UW, Kentucky, NC, Duke (to some extent) etc.

I'd much rather watch a team that the players have poise and show character, get real four year or masters degrees not in some bullcrap easy subject, are active members of their communities and maybe move on to play again after college... thats the type of ball I'll watch.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    I have very little respect for the NBA farm league schools like UW, Kentucky, NC, Duke (to some extent) etc.

I'd much rather watch a team that the players have poise and show character, get real four year or masters degrees not in some bullcrap easy subject, are active members of their communities and maybe move on to play again after college... thats the type of ball I'll watch.
    lol the article about who is good at developing talent...

Well, apparently this author doesn't feel Mark is one of the 50 best talent developers in the country.. I've been banned for questioning development.. I'm sure I'll be banned again.

Something about this board doesn't like when you question anything. I'm just glad somebody else is in my corner questioning player development.. Because frankly, it sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by 04ZagFan View Post
    lol the article about who is good at developing talent...

Well, apparently this author doesn't feel Mark is one of the 50 best talent developers in the country.. I've been banned for questioning development.. I'm sure I'll be banned again.

Something about this board doesn't like when you question anything. I'm just glad somebody else is in my corner questioning player development.. Because frankly, it sucks!
    I thought you were banned for cursing at people via the rep comments and for constantly getting into dustups. Based on how you are interacting with others tonight you could be right about getting banned again.

04, I don't think Few is available for this particular study as he is not a coach in a big 6 conference. And I imagine the reason is that not many elite recruits wind up outside the big 6.

Am I reading/interpreting that correctly?
    But we don't play nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by RainierZag View Post
    I thought you were banned for cursing at people via the rep comments and for constantly getting into dustups. Based on how you are interacting with others tonight you could be right about getting banned again.

How I am interacting with others...?!? Uhh, what have I done? Is this a communist run board? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    04, I don't think Few is available for this particular study as he is not a coach in a big 6 conference. And I imagine the reason is that not many elite recruits wind up outside the big 6.

Am I reading/interpreting that correctly?
    Good catch. You're right.