X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Beat BYU!!! There's no reason we can't. We are playing in the Kennel. Yes BYU has a great tradition at home as well, and they beat us by 20 there. Let's show them what it's like for a visiting team to come into the Kennel to play. When the Zags played St. Mary's, I heard the Kennel was the loudest since that famous game against the U Dub. Well. Let's make this Thursday's game THE loudest Kennel crowd of ALL TIME. Wow!!! I can hardly wait until Thursday.
    Last edited by Reborn; 02-20-2012, 03:00 PM.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• Blue Coog
      Redshirt
      • Feb 2012

BYU fan here...... GU will take it to the Coogs on Thursday. i think you'll turn the tables on the press. We didnt' handle the press against USF nor even against Santa Clara. both took us out of our offensive rhythm. Yeah, we got a lot of points int he paint, but, they were severely undersized and you would assume we'd eventually take control in the paint. GU's big men are better and won't let us pack it in. Carlino is probably about 85-90%...that will hurt us. Also, it seems the more he's pressured, the harder he tries to beat the press himself. He gets picked a lot that way or is completely out of control and forces bad passes after breaking the press.

Not sure about Hartsock. He came back in and looked as if nothing happened. But, you the swelling probably hadn't set in yet. By today, he could be very sore and lose 10-20% of his mobility.

I expect a physical game and think the refs will let it go that way. That will work against the visiting team, no matter who it is.

Haven't been impressed with WCC refs the past few games. Even the GU/USF game...something like 10-12 charges called. One of your announces said he felt that the refs must just like to punch out the charge call so they call it that way too often. I definitely saw that a lot in our past two games.

Hate to say it but, having beat GU twice in a row...our numbers up.

And, maybe it is academic. Maybe the big GU/BYU showdown will be in Vegas as we'll likely be seeded 2-3 in either case.

Comment

• lothar98zag
        PostPadder General
        • Feb 2007

Go Zags!
        Beat the Cougs!
        youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• DZ
          Zag for Life
          • Sep 2007

I honestly believe that the Kennel will have more energy than it ever has. We have had lots of games against rivals, games that decide the championship - but - we have never had a conference game of this magnitude against a conference newcomer, especially one that is so much bigger than GU and has beaten us by double digits the last two times we have played them.

Thursday night is going to be very special.
          Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
          Mark Twain.

Comment

• 007Zag
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Mar 2008

Just...

Win, baby. Just win.

Comment

• montanazag88
              Kennel Club Alum
              • Sep 2007

Defense & rebounding....

defense and rebounding.....defense and rebounding. No team ever shoots their best when agressively defended the entire game AND teams defended well and outrebounded while playing away RARELY win.

Beating BYU is much more than a W. It is complete mindset change for a team that is 0-2 against them. There can be no better advantage going into the conference tourney than to dominate in these two areas this week. The doubt needs to shift into their practices and away from ours.

Prediction: we play agressive defense the entire match (not the 6- feet away from the defender business against USF) and commond the glass...a W and momentum are ours.
              montanazag88
              P....A....TIENCE!

Comment

• GoGU
                Kennel Club
                • Nov 2011

Student ticket distribution tonight and 24 hours of camping (Wednesday night through Thursday afternoon). It will sell out no question. Hopefully students realize how big this one is.
                sigpic

The Gus Johnson Soundboard

Comment

• siliconzag
                  Bleeds GU Blue
                  • Feb 2007

I was taught when I was a Freshman to say,

"Sir, there is nothing lower than a cougar." I still believe it to this very day.

Sili

Comment

• GoZags
                    Super Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

Beat BYU
                    sigpic
                    “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                    ——-
                    List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                    Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• Angelo Roncalli
                      Bleeds Bulldog Blue
                      • Feb 2007

Ad maiorem Dei gloriam.

Beat BYU.
                      You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                        Zag for Life
                        • Dec 2008

Beat BYU

GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

• Kiddwell
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Stuff 'em like turkeys. Beat 'em like eggs.

:]

<Oh, yeah: Cork 'em like wine, cheap wine.>
                          Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• bullzag23
                            Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2015
                            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Blue Coog View Post
                            BYU fan here......

I expect a physical game and think the refs will let it go that way. That will work against the visiting team, no matter who it is.

Haven't been impressed with WCC refs the past few games. Even the GU/USF game...something like 10-12 charges called. One of your announces said he felt that the refs must just like to punch out the charge call so they call it that way too often. I definitely saw that a lot in our past two games.

Hate to say it but, having beat GU twice in a row...our numbers up.
                            Welcome to the WCC. It's going to be this way as long as Dave Libbey has his hands all over the officiating....
                            A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
                            Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
                            Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

Comment

• DZ
                              Zag for Life
                              • Sep 2007

I expect to see a hot shooting Zag team. I think that their confidence at home shot up against LMU/SMC and I think that their anger at being clipped by USF is going to light a real fire into them.

Combine that with this being the last conference home game, the first time that BYU has come to the Kennel, the fact that BYU is so immenintely hatable (even though we are taking the "hate out of hoops - ok, so long as they are louder than ever), so much bigger a school and beaten us twice. . .

I see a blowout - but I'll take a one-point win.
                              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                              Mark Twain.

Comment

• gamagin
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

take care of

business.
                                Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                                Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                                Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

Working...
                                X