• Pangos

3 1.69%
  • The Bench

7 3.95%
  • Other

1 0.56%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GUnit of the Game - Xavier - 12.31.2011

Almost voted for Bell. His defensive performance on Tu was unbelievable. If he didn't guard him, this could've been a completely different game.

Default I am going Bell because

When I played bball in the 80s, my coach asked me who the winner is on the other team. The winner was not the best player but the guy who did everything. He did not score the most points usually or get the most rebounds. He did everything really well. If he was not on the team, they lose. He played defense and liked it. Thrived on it. We don't have Bell tonight, I think we may have lost IMHO. He's the guy that takes on the other teams best player and dominates him defensively. GBJ did that tonight. Bell was our "winner" tonight.

Kudos to Sam as well, he played and scored really well.

Default Without Bell ...

...and his defense, the Zags might not have won this one. GBell continues to sacrifice for the betterment of the team. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by EuroZag2010 View Post
    Big game for Sam couldnt have come at a better time!! Also very Proud of how Gary Bell he played some tremdous defens on Tu.

http://musketeermadness.com/board/vi...&sd=a&start=50
    some classy guys there

there was no disgrace to lose to Gonzaga. Just a shame that we should have been undefeated at this point before the stupid Shootout game.
    "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Tower of Dower... BIG shout-out to GBJ for an excellent defensive showing!

Another nice move from Few - in addition to his use of the bench = was having GBJ bring the ball up in the 2nd half when Stockton and Pangos were being stifled with pressure. It helped put a stop to the turnover bonanza.

Dower Power. That is all.
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Default Come on now

All of this praise for Sam. After all he did miss a three.

That being said, I voted for Sam, but wow, great job Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Another nice move from Few - in addition to his use of the bench = was having GBJ bring the ball up in the 2nd half when Stockton and Pangos were being stifled with pressure. It helped put a stop to the turnover bonanza.
    Our group noticed this too. Without the little things Gary contributed, it's a long plane ride home for the boys.

Party on, Sam!
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Gotta go with Dower. The Zags can win a lot of different ways.

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

Dower.

Period.
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

Was going to vote GB, but Sam was too good.

Default Bell

I gave it to Bell, he kept Tu from going off. If that would have happened it would have been a different game.
    "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you can never know if they are genuine"---Abraham Lincoln.

Thumbs up Dower

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    great point CDC...

I have to go with Sudden Sam for G-Unit. Last year when we hit long dry spells we needed someone like Sams' brilliant play tonight with a double double over about 14 minutes (20 pts. & 10 rebounds) with 7 of 11 shooting (2-3 from "3").

Also major props to Bell, who was instrumental in the win by playing amazing defense on Tu. Also added 7 points, and 4 bds, along with a steal... Gets better every game!!!
    Last edited by 2wiceright; 12-31-2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: left out...

Suddenly "SAM" - holy buckets, he was amazing! Love, love, love Gary Bell Jr's game. Just can't believe he is a frosh. Game changer: Pangos trey that gave the Zags a better cushion. Chills....

Dower has more nicknames than babe Ruth

Sudden Sam
    Tower of Dower
    Dower Power

Those are all I can remember a few drinks in, but there are a few others in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekrub View Post
    Dower has more nicknames than babe Ruth

Sudden Sam
    Tower of Dower
    Dower Power

Those are all I can remember a few drinks in, but there are a few others in this thread.
    Sammy D
    Sam the Man

Quote Originally Posted by Zag@LMU View Post
    Sammy D
    Sam the Man
    Thank you. I'm thinking about making a video like the sandlot scene where they are blown away that smalls doesn't know who babe Ruth is.

I'm going with Sarbaugh's sweater.
    Agent provocateur

Default Sam the Bench!

Very proud of this team tonight. Wow, how tough is Gary Bell! I like our depth.

Sam Dower. Sam hit one big bucket after another, and defended and boarded much better than Robert. It seemed that every time 'x made a run at GU Sam hit a bucket. I thought the team played great Defense. They held a pretty good offense team down. I really like theZags defensive effort this year and this game. I also think Harris could have had a great game if had not been for the refs. He was awesome tonight I felt.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sonuvazag View Post
    I'm going with Sarbaugh's sweater.
    Smile!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Me too! Tough one, though, because Sam was stellar!

Not the focus of this thread, but was Draginis really in the game? Box score said he had a block? I didn't catch it if he was, and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewey View Post
    Not the focus of this thread, but was Draginis really in the game? Box score said he had a block? I didn't catch it if he was, and it doesn't make sense.
    He wasnt