Thread: Kuso

Default Kuso

Could somone please explain to me why our 2nd best big man played only 15 minutes with out best big man sidelined? 3 fouls - big deal. We need an inside presence.

Default because...

Pendo (and even Micah) filled the void down low. both were more productive and gave the Zags a different look. Don't be surprised to see it again. 15-20minutes is all you should expect from Kuso right now IMHO.....he needs to play a little smarter to get more (that said, I absolutely LOVE his energy- and in short bursts, he is a real spark plug).
    AllezZags!

Default Slightly off topic, but...

...I really dig Kuso's new look. Bald head, scruff of a chin beard. Dude looks like a monster baller. When his game catches up with his look, he's going to be something.

(TheZagPhish is using his Spidey sense on this one)
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Default Bigs

You would think that tonight, with SC having three huge guys available, that we'd see some of David Burgess (and if things got really hairy, Foster), but it sure doesn't seem like the coaching staff has a lot of confidence in our bench bigs.

If SCU can get us in foul trouble down low especially Pendo and Kuso who pick up alot of fouls, the staff is going to have to make some tought decisions. I think Pendo and Downs will continue to pick up the most minutes in light of recent events, but sooner or later the staff is going to have to play Burgess or Foster.

Default even Pargo posted up inside at one time

Default He Needs a Nickname

How 'bout Gossamer?

Default Pargo's post up

Quote Originally Posted by SteeleMan View Post
    even Pargo posted up inside at one time
    Saw that too. Ugly, but I kinda liked it.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Nothing ugly at all about Pargo posting up. He posted up a LOT in high school, has a big body and is stronger than more opponents he posts up against. I'd like to see a lot MORE of him posting up, as well as Bouldin as they both create mismatches down low.

While Downs saw a little more playing time in the game against St. Mary's, it was really Sean Mallon who was looked upon to step up. Mallon logged 32 minutes in the game against the Gaels, while he had just 9 and 6 minutes in the last two games prior to Heytvelt's suspension.

Personally, I'd split the minutes between Mallon and Kuso, rather than having it so one sided (Mallon's 32 to Kuso's 15). We will need Kuso playing more minutes if we want to make a tournament run, especially since our only other shot blocker is gone.

El Voce Guest

I think whoever is being guarded by Pariseau should post up, especially if DP is guarding Pargo. We aren't going to "out big" this team -- we have to out quick them.

And, by the way, it sure is nice to be talking basketball strategy again!!!

I hope the KC has some good lines ready for Pariseau too.

Default Kuso

I noticed each time Kuso got a foul he came out immediately. I think the coaches were planning on putting him in for as long a stretch as he could go without a foul. (They knew he would have trouble playing long enough to get winded!)

In the mean time, Pendo and Downs did fairly good job of playing down low.

Quote Originally Posted by kylasdad View Post
    I noticed each time Kuso got a foul he came out immediately. I think the coaches were planning on putting him in for as long a stretch as he could go without a foul. (They knew he would have trouble playing long enough to get winded!)

In the mean time, Pendo and Downs did fairly good job of playing down low.
    Kuso has tended to pick up fouls in bunches. Maybe the coaches decided that taking him out right after a foul would prevent him from picking up another one 15 seconds later and would allow him to play more minutes overall...

just a though
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Kuso started the SM game off really well, the refs probably could have called him for three fouls by the time he had 1, but that's how officiating goes. Hopefully he can stay out of foul trouble for the rest of the year.

RebornZag Guest

Default Kuso

I believe Kuso has two problems. Yes...fouls! The other is his lack of knowledge on offense. I am amazed that by this time of the year that he is still lost of offense. And he is. It's sad I think. He moves around out there like he doesn't have a clue about what is going on. What he does most is get the ball and hand off to someone or pass.

Quote Originally Posted by El Voce View Post
    I think whoever is being guarded by Pariseau should post up, especially if DP is guarding Pargo.!
    I would love to see DR post up Pariseau, if just for a hardy laugh.

I hope we run Pariseau right back out of Spokane...

GU Class of '07